22 coaches online • Server time: 00:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The timing issue could be solved provided there was enough staff members.

The scheduling would not be as adventurous as it seems. Depending on who was in charge, there are groups of races that can be scheduled at the same time for fluffy reasons. Figuring that you have 10 months to do qualifiers (leaving the last two months open for the XFL (and FC), each race would come up every two months. It wouldn't be as tough to coordinate provided this is in the hands of more than one person.

This way....... you wouldn't get teams complaining about majors as why they couldn't compete. Making each racial XFL last through the year is the best way to give more younger coaches a chance. Having "too many" XFLs would make the XFL more special than having 1 16 team tourney per year to crown an XFL champion.

__Synn
Garax

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

What could be cool, to crown an XFL champion, would be to put all the winners of the XFLs against each other in a tournament to find out who is the champion of champions... Someone has probably already suggested this...
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2006 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not like to have more XFL Tournaments or qualifiers for XFL's. It should be possible for most coaches (= 2-5 games per week??) to take part on all major tournaments (which requires pre-tournament games) and on XFL.
A XFL champion is a nice idea, ideally to be played around December, when the last race champ has been determinated.

On FUMBBL we should not make the same mistake FIFA has done with its Champions League. Two group stages, too much games, nobody could watch all and it became inflationary.
Keep up the interest through fewer but more important tournaments.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2007 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro elves are finally out. I am still happy to have reached the semis and the last quartet. At least it shows that pro elves aren't that bad at all Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Pro elves are finally out. I am still happy to have reached the semis and the last quartet. At least it shows that pro elves aren't that bad at all Very Happy

You destroyed that bull (or does he did it himself). If you would live next to my place I would invite you for a drink;-)
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2007 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly he did niggle that super bull.. and it is a hard loss. But does he deserve a drink for that? ABSELUTLY!!! every killer of a good player deserves a drink. Fumbble has bin clensed once again. Very Happy

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

When does next XFL circle going to start?
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

When my CDs are back in shape to defend there Title Razz

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The only other suggestion would be this. If another XFL masters is done again there needs to be a little allowed prep time for the last XFL winner. The first XFL winner had months to get his team ready to play. The last (which happened to be me) had less than a week.