48 coaches online • Server time: 16:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Proposition Dwarf
Yep go for it Plat
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Pigs Arse mate , try something else
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

theopacman

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2006 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok gents lets decide the democratic way. I am still happy for Plat to play Dwarfs, having played plat for a very long time I see his reasoning that HE's and DE's and for that matter skaven aren't a huge departure from the Woodies he plays so well. Orcs to a degree are played by Plat a lot like he played Woodies. So I understand why he wants to play Dwarfs.
He gave the Necro's a go in the previous seasons of DSL so Undead again are very simmilar there. If you look at the stats Im think barring 1 or 2 games the 7 dwarf games were quite some time ago.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2006 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Play a new team!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2006 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really mind one way or the other. I suspect that after a short time, dwarves will stop being a challenge simply because they are such an effective team. If you honestly think that dwarves will be a long term challenge for you, go for it, otherwise, as you are a fairly experienced coach (400+ games), I'd recommend taking one of the more challenging teams.

If you want to try something challenging and different from elves, I daresay that you'll find Khemri to be at least as challenging as dwarves (probably even moreso), same goes for chaos and ogres, all of which are decidedly bashy teams. None of them are quite as good as dwarves, but they can all win games (it's just harder - especially khemri and ogres).

PS: your 6/1/0 record with dwarves doen't really give much indication that they'll be a challenge either Razz

Might as well give the dwarves to me! Plenty different from the amazons i'm coaching in the SWL, and I only have a 1/3/1 record with them, which works out to less than 1% of my games played! Very Happy

Jump to: