62 coaches online • Server time: 21:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Warhammer

Post 5 Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The subject says it all...

I was thinking of retiring the team, anyone have any suggestions aside from that?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=21717
Calador

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2003 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

No other suggestions... Retire it
Twahn

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm....

Play with it?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

omg retire it
dunno why there is nothing wrong with it, people have no commitment :/

first off buy a reroll and then save up for a 4th one

your thrower can throw longpasses at will so running players deep shouldn't be a problem should be scoring at will

taking dodge isn't something i would have done on the blitzers right off, you are in dire need of some tackle and strip ball

also first skill on elf teams linemen should be kick, you deffo also need to get someone with kick asap

when you receive the ball you should be picking it up with someone who could do with the spp and then pass it to the thrower, great thing with elves is they have ag4 so everyone can make quick passes to anyone else fairly easily

but i think the main problems you have been losing is because you have no defensive skills and lack of rerolls
Kheldar1982

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you want to retire this team. Its quite playable. You have a good thrower. Open up the sides and let you lions slip throug with coverage from your Dragon Warriors. Should be no problem to pass to this guys. If you get traits with you warriors give them guard, to make them even better bodyguards.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the first thing I'd do, is kill and gut the players. Then I'd slice them thinly, sauté them in some nice garlic butter, and serve them alongside some roased gobbo legs. That's a good thing.

Grot Teef the Undying

The Finishing Touch
Pardus

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

dude... don't retire it... you just need more practice... elves are not the easiest teams to play
Yakthor

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Set this team aside for awhile and make an orc or dwarf team. Or something like that. Play them against other high elf teams and study how you're opponents use their high elf teams to score against you, stop you from scoring, and otherwise give you trouble. Then go back to this team and try those same tactics. This is probably a slow and hard way to learn, but if you play good opponents, you will learn. I don't see anything wrong with the team. The -ag lineman instantly becomes a "monster killer". Anytime you play an opponent with a player that can cause tons of casualties, have the -ag lineman take him on all game. Don't stand and wait to get hit, throw dice down blocks at him and stuff. Its not like you care if he dies Smile. And nothing is more frustrating for a good basher, than to have a suicide elf own him all game Smile. With any luck he'll pay way more attention to killing that -ag linelf than he deservers and mess up somewhere else.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to be mean but the problem isn't with the team. I haven't replayed any of your games but it may just be poor coaching. I also noticed you've been playing a lot of other agility teams. Try playing an Orc/Chaos/Undead bashing team and concentrate on staying away from them. Stay spread and only give them 1 block (blitz) per turn. Sounds simple enough, but sometimes tough to execute.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2003 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well look's alot like a team I made a brief acquaintance with. Brief being something like 8 games. They didnt do well at all either. One of the reasons most surely something wich I am certain of, they didnt have any luck when they needed or even didnt need it. Orcs and Undead tossed the ball around better than they did. So I sacked them, and it felt good Smile

One day I'll go back and play Elf's again, but then it will be a new team, without any bad memories.

They say this is only a game, and that you should win and loose with the same attitude, but gosh - its hard to be in a gloomy mood, when you win Wink

So my advice is go ahead, scrap them, and dance a little happy I got you dance, and make a new team, and get revenge - hopefully.
Warhammer

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2003 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I play quite a bit of Chaos teams, maybe not with this particular team, but over 1/6 of the games I have played have been vs. Chaos. This team has had more than its share of bad luck, I got outplayed one game, but three other games have gone down to the wire, and I have lost on the last turn, or the next to last turn.

Kilyaaan - That is exactly what I was thinking. I have a WE team that is 6/4/12, I started a new WE team that is 6/1/3 (should be 7/1/2 except for a lucky interception on a 6 that went the other way for a last turn TD). I also did the same with my Skaven teams, one was 3/3/6 and was niggled and a few players down. I started a new Skaven team that is now 2/0/0. However, I did not want to retire a team if someone saw something that I didn't.
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2003 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Grumbledook there Warhammer...you gotta play the team more, not retire it. I had a Dark Elf team in a worse position than this, playing 6 or so games with around 8 players and a case of bad luck - they're still around and playing a lot better (due to a 200% increase in fan sacrifices, of course!). Definately get a reroll and some offensive skills - tackle, strip ball, anything to get CAS and TD's so your fan factor goes up. Your worst loss (4-1) was against a team that had 21 STR and 11 TR on you - not much of a surprise there...Smile One of the *fun* things about a team down on their luck is that I play harder, and this makes the games more enjoyable, IMO.

Cheers
 Jump to: