61 coaches online • Server time: 19:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

If yer looking for stuff to houserules into an lrb4 rl league. i'll toss a few things in. Tho they ain't minor changes.
Making normal dirty player +2/+1, and a dirty player trait +2/+2 (i.e. anyone can learn to foul, but it takes real talent to FOUL)
I did a poll of a few possible get the ref solutions a ways back. One of the most popular options was make it count as bribe the ref (negate next foul).
Zlefin Smile
BigMac

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 03:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent stuff there Zelfin, i figured bribe the ref to be lame if it pops up in 2 places (handicap and kick off) but then again this goes towards simplification which isn't a bad thing. Is there a name for the Dirty Player trait? Something availiable from North American Sports Terminology perhaps?
Also anyone remember the "Diver" Skill, that enabled a prone player to make the Ref roll for a Sent-Off (1 in 6 without the eye, 3 in 6 with the eye) even though there was no foul at all? Thats one of my favorite house rule skills!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno - the movement thing, i see it as an overall boost if you allow the fouler to keep on moving. Of course, it is much more of a boost to fast teams (elves/skaven/humans) than to the slow ones (dwarves/undead), so that may be what you want anyway.

The rest of them look like reasonable minor changes to reduce the effect of fouling (but why you'd want to do that, i don't know Razz)

If you want to reduce the effect of DP, then something like the house rule reducing it to +1 on both the armour and injury rolls (instead of +2 to either the armour or injury roll).

GTR is the main thing that really ought to be addressed, as it means that a team only needs one player with the DP skill to become just as good at fouling as a team that has spent a lot of skills on DP (and hence has less of other key skills like block).

BigMac wrote:
@ Fama, really? Strange - one might imagine GFI is GFI, especially in a computer programm!

I think that the way that is works is that JavaBB needs you to have a square of movement remaining in order to select a target (for both fouling and hypnotic gaze), however, when you choose one of these actions, it doesn't actually use a point of movement, and hence doesn't make the roll to GFI. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I *think* that's how it works.

pac

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
@ Mr. Foulsumm: Be sure to read once in a while before you post.

1. You don't know the way it is, you only know how it is houseruled on fumbbl because of a known bug in Java Bowl.

BigMac, do you ever stop being rude? You know nothing about Mr_Foulscumm (you don't even have the courtesy to spell his name right! It's as simple as copy&paste!). He may well be very familiar indeed with the game as it is played on table-top.

Fama (and others) have thoroughly explained why your proposed change could be viewed as making fouling considerably better, not worse (yes, better under the LRB 4 rules, not under the FUMBBL implementation), and your only response seems to be to insult those who agree with them, and not you.

Quote:
And please be sure to read the full original post …

Again, perhaps he did, and - like others - does not agree with your assessment. Since you seem not even to be aware of the - well documented - fact that a GFI to foul in the client is not rolled for, you can hardly expect to be treated as an authority!

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pac, stop your babbling.
Know means beeing used to here. We all KNOW how it works on fumbbl but we don't really KNOW the boardgame anymore, do we?

As to the "courtesy of spelling his name right", thank you for pointing out the difference between "Mr. and Mr_". You may brush your teeth and go to bed now, kid. You copy & paste nicknames? Gosh thats true geekism, keep it up!

I have thoroughly explained why messing around with the game mechanics of the board game led me to the conclusion that it would be best not to introduce anothere exeption but use something that is there already in a similar form. Your babel about making fouling considerably better is a nice attempt in trolling which i would normally fall for, but not this time.

Well one thing i am sure of is that you didn't read the original post, so just get lost. (i originaly wanted to type fuck off, but get lost is me trying reeeeal hard to be nice to you)

Now finally you got me. The GFI not rolled for fouls thing is "Well documented"? Care to elaborate your sources? because the way i see it the documentation says: costs a square of movement. GFI and the lack of the need to roll are not mentioned.

But isn't it nice that we learned that piece of information? I feel even more like an authority right now! Awesome.
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
Pac, stop your babbling.

That's something many have appealed for. So far they have been disappointed.

Quote:
As to the "courtesy of spelling his name right", thank you for pointing out the difference between "Mr. and Mr_". You may brush your teeth and go to bed now, kid. You copy & paste nicknames? Gosh thats true geekism, keep it up!

BigMac, you are the number one troll on a forum dedicated to a Java version of a board game based on the idea of fantasy creatures playing a form of football. And you're complaining about <i>other</i> people being geeks!? I'm just hoping for a little politeness, but clearly I'll be waiting a while …

(And you missed out a 'c' in his nick as well as all the other mistakes.)

Quote:
Your babel about making fouling considerably better is a nice attempt in trolling which i would normally fall for, but not this time.

Firstly, it's not my 'babel' (and I think babble is the word your looking for, although it does probably derive from Babel). It's Fama's.

Secondly, it is not babble but entirely reasonable. Being able to continue moving after a foul is a big advantage.

Quote:
Well one thing i am sure of is that you didn't read the original post, so just get lost. (i originaly wanted to type ________, but get lost is me trying reeeeal hard to be nice to you)

Nice to see that my hopes that you would stop being rude were not misplaced. However - and to my lasting misfortune - I <i>have</i> read your original post. From it:

'Foul: The player may move a number of squares equal to their Movement Allowance. He may make one foul during the move. The foul may be made at any point during the move, and ‘costs’ one square of movement.'

See? Under your suggestion, the foul can be made at any point during the move. This gives a considerable tactical advantage, as several people have pointed out, and thus improves fouling. QED (by Fama).

Quote:
Now finally you got me. The GFI not rolled for fouls thing is "Well documented"? Care to elaborate your sources? because the way i see it the documentation says: costs a square of movement. GFI and the lack of the need to roll are not mentioned.

Anyone who knows their fouling and pays attention to the game knows it. I'm sure I could find somewhere on the boards where it is clearly listed, but I am not about to go to the trouble for you, BigMac.

Have a nice day.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

well well well well, since the main point is about JBB, I'd rather see the fouling on 2nd gfi fixed, if some coding was requiered, than a houserule that needs either some coding.

Btw, IMO Houserule makes fouling stronger the foul on second gfi.

It happens more often that I do not foul because I need a TZ elsewhere for some blocks (considering that I can foul later on) than because I am one square too short. This houserule would give me better occasion to foul and give an assist elsewhere what would allow me to foul more, especially with "get the ref"!

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Most RL leagues I know around here already play LRB5 so these rules are quite obsolete. imho moving after fouling just insures added protection for the fouler which isn't good

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, another 3 page BigMac thread. PLease stop feeding the troll peeps.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your signature Cloggy...
Fama

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, for once I thought I was having a real conversation with BigMac...

..and then he proved that he can't change and ruined it all.

Have a nice day.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
Most RL leagues I know around here already play LRB5 so these rules are quite obsolete. imho moving after fouling just insures added protection for the fouler which isn't good

Yep, same here. Most tabletop tournies as well are now using LRB5 as well, anyway with these rules under LRB4, get nobbla and a horde of orcs... knock someone over... make a protective wall for nobbla to appear behind... run in foul... dash back behind protective wall... rinse and repeat... even if you hadnt get the ref! Surprised Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %28, %2006 - %15:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
I like your signature Cloggy...

Yeah, much better than the annoying flashing pic of xcver.
Curro

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Yeah, much better than the annoying flashing pic of xcver.

I agree, I'm starting to suffer epileptic attacks when I read Xcver's posts. Razz
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2006 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

To nerf fouling even more, i'd propose +4 to armour roll +4 to injury roll when using a DP, and a free reroll to either if the player happens to have Pro.

This will nerf fouling because... erm... you will need less assists, so those useful players can stand elsewhere...

*hehehee*

btw, the difference between blitzing and fouling is the following. when you blitz you run into someone, normally pushing them back coz you hit em so hard, and u continue running with the "follow through" of the blitz. on the other hand, when you foul (IRL at least) you run, jump into the air, and land on TOP of your opponent landing your elbows and knees wherever its painful. Your action ends because first you have to knee you opponent repeatedly in the groin (SI result) and then you have to stand up again rather aggressively while stomping on your opponent's hands (whenever possible).

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: