20 coaches online • Server time: 02:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malthor

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2006 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As per the front page news item, the Warpstone Open II is almost here!

It starts 6 January 2007. You must apply for your spot in a qualifier before 6 January 2007 to be eligible.

The tournament structure for the Warpstone Open II is quite different from the first Warpstone Open so please read through the group pages carefully. Notably, there will be a mix of Weekly and Bi-Weekly Qualifiers and coaches will have to be in the IRC channel #fumbblmajors 15 minutes before a scheduled start time to be allocated a spot. Also, there are NO SECOND CHANCES in the Warpstone Open II. Please note that the rules are being finalised and there may be some changes before the start of the main draw.

If you have any questions, please ask them in this thread. I will also post a FAQ during the week (link to be added later).

still disliked all round!

Last edited by Malthor on %b %25, %2007 - %20:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a clarifying question.....

To enter a bi-weekly qualifier, do coaches just have to be in the fumbblmajors channel at the appropriate time, or do they also have to have enough time to play the first game there and then?

Many thx in anticipation of another excellently run tournament!

If anyone would like a chance to play my Ultimate Superheroes on 3rd January, please pm me to schedule a time - from 4pm BBtime onward!

PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2006 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

They have to play the first game right away aswell.
Malthor

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2006 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

As Rijs has answered. For both Weeklies and the Bi-Weeklies, you have to be present at the start time (well 15 minutes early so we start on time) and then be ready to play your first match immediately. For your second match (if you win) you have one week to play it if you are in a weekly or two weeks to play it if you are in a bi-weekly. So it is similar to how the GLT II was run this year except that you don't have to play all 3 games in a row immediately. We have a mix of weekly and bi-weeklies to try and cater for both coaches who want to play quick and can't get enough (weekly) and those who may find it difficult to get a game in per week due to work and timezone issues (bi-weekly).

The purpose of this structure is to get coaches of similar timezones into the same qualifier groups (having set 6 hourly starts) and also to get the tournament moving (playing your first game immediately) as biweeklies mean we do not start the main draw till 5 weeks after 7 January (4 weeks to get games 2 and 3 in, and then 1 week break), that being 11 Feburary 2007. Add four weeks for the final 16 tourney = 10 March finish date.

JB

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2006 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

A few minutes away from applying I would still like to ask some questions:
Am I allowed to apply with more than one team now and decide later which team I take to the tournament?
Will there be second chances (using the same system as for the last majors) in WO II too?

I am a big fan of tournaments and the majors. Furthermore I really appreciate all the effort you guys put into them (creating logos, writing up rules and background and managing the tournament itself of course). Just as a further input or wish for the next year - hey its new years eve, when else if not now Wink - please announce those tournaments earlier than 5 days in advance. I really think that there are a lot of people who are on holidays at the moment and might not be able to apply before January 6th.

Keep up the great work

Best wishes and happy new year,
JB
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2007 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi JB,

No, only 1 application, though you can apply with a different team later (and remove the first team). We keep an eye on the application numbers to see if we have enough qualifiers (eg last year the Warpstone was for 128 teams, but was then changed to 256 due to the huge interest) and to see how much promotion is required. It is more difficult for us to do this if there are dozens of coaches in there with 2-3 teams in just in case.

No second chances.

Re the short application period, this was due to some circumstances outside of my control and not something that was planned. There is in fact a 6 day period (well 3 hours short of 6 days) between the announcement and the application deadline. We are aware that this is a slightly shorter application period than usual and that some coaches will not return from holidays before 6 January. That being said, my entry message into four different IRC channels mentions the Warpstone is coming soon so many have an awareness that it was.... soon!

I don't expect this will be a factor for the other Majors this year. In fact, I plan to have the actual date of the next Major announced 1 week after the completion of this one.

See you in the final 16 Wink

Ug

Post 6 Posted: Jan 03, 2007 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my first official tournament.

Is a team allowed to play games outside the tournament between rounds?
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2007 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Not between rounds. It can play between the qualifiying round and the commencement of the main draw. That is, you can play if you are defeated, or if you win all four qualifying matches and the main tournament has not started yet.

Oventa

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

regarding JBs question.

when i want to change the team for my application. do i keep my status as early applicant or do go down to the end of the queue?
Malthor

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2007 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Oventa, you would have a new Application Date/Time and go down to the bottom of the queue. However, there are 8 qualifiers left so plenty of chances to play next weekend if you reapply.

To reapply, let one of the Tournament Admins/Helpers know in #fumbblmajors

Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2007 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

When, appriximately, would be main event draw/end of preparations?
Malthor

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2007 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

We do the main draw one week after all qualifiers are finished. There are two left.

Qualifier III: Final due midnight, Sunday 18 February (that is just before it becomes Monday)
Qualifier XII: Final due midnight, Monday 12 February (that is just before it becomes Tuesday)

Hopefully the matches will be played before the deadlines. As soon as they are played, we will set a date that is about 1 week after (we will try to aim for a weekend start/finish) and make a public announcement. I will also send a Group PM to all the coaches. This one week is to give the last teams to qualify a reasonable amount of time to get recovery matches etc since the teams that finished earlier have had time to prepare for the main draw.

golan

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2008 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I subscribed with my chaos team, but I'd like to play with my necro team instead.
How can I do that, I mean, unsubscribe with my chaos and subscribe with my necro?
Thanks for any help!
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2008 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

golan wrote:
I subscribed with my chaos team, but I'd like to play with my necro team instead.
How can I do that, I mean, unsubscribe with my chaos and subscribe with my necro?
Thanks for any help!
Exclamation
moonl1te

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2008 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm not a staff member, but as the WO qualifiers are well underway I don't believe you can switch your team. Also, I'm quite sure this doesn't matter to you as your Chaos team is 150/149 and the lowest TR that made it into the qualifiers is much higher than that. Your Necros are even lower in TR so... Confused

Founder of FLOP.
 Jump to: