29 coaches online • Server time: 00:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

1 Pirate Captain 6 2 3 7 - Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Claw, Leader 80k AG
<b>New addition - 070922</b>

2 Swashbuckler 6 2 3 7 - Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Poison Dagger 80k AG

2 Cannon - 2 3 3 10 Always Hungry, Blunderbuss, Really Stupid, Throw Team Mate 80k SP

2 Grapplers - 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Tentacles 60k A

2 Scallywag - 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Dirty Player 60k A

12 Buccaneer - 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty 40k A

12 Sprog - 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Bonehead 20k A

Star player:
Ahoy the Anchorman 4 6 3 7 - Ball & Chain, Block, Mighty Blow 90k

Rerolls: 60k

Since regular halflings are no longer available and chaos halflings are a bit too sinister to have the flingy feel I thought of a new way to introduce the cuddly little rascals. Halfling pirates!

This team of fragile halflings will have to depend on their positionals to get the game going and will likely use their cannons a lot for TTM's. And we all love TTM's Smile They will likely hurt a lot because of their lack of armor and Big Guys, but have really cheap but useless cannon fodder to stick on the LOS.

The pirate captain is of course the leader, influencing his scurvy crew when on the pitch and armed with a hook (claw).

The swashbucklers are the best fighters and key players of the teams. Using their cutlasses they are the only players except the captain that are reliable for inflicting casualties.

The pirates bring their cannons from the ships to hurl themselves through the air. Not quite as reliable as the gnome versions (Really Stupid), but still a big help in the offensive.

The grapplers that are normally used to secure enemy ships into position are great even for defense on the pitch, snaring up their opponents and preventing their path.

Scallywags are the scumbags of the pirate crews and are there to apply the boot when the rest of the crew downs an opponent. Important players since the halflings are not very good attackers.

The Buccaneers are the linemen of the team, but since the little ones are running a big risk of getting hurt they also have the Sprogs. Untrained, raw recruits that are convinced to take up the most dangerous positions in exchange for a double ration of rum! The Sprogs are cheap and expendable, but unreliable both because of their lack of routine and because they are severly drunk.

Of course open to suggestions. Please keep your criticism constructive.

Last edited by Pirog on %b %22, %2007 - %11:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ummm sorry No. I can't get past Halfling and Pirate in the same sentence, Flings don't sail.. heck they rarely boat!

Last edited by Craftnburn on %b %21, %2007 - %22:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it! With a little fine tuning this could become a great addition to stunty leeg.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Craft has it... to start with something canonical and make it crazy is worse than to take something completely out of canon

more specifically, I don't buy the grapplers or get the point of the "sprogs"
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
I think Craft has it... to start with something canonical and make it crazy is worse than to take something completely out of canon

more specifically, I don't buy the grapplers or get the point of the "sprogs"

What is wrong with the grapplers?

The point of the sprogs is that this team is going to get hurt a lot, so they have some reall cheap cannon fodder to either have as reserves when they are low on cash or as expendable LOS players.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I havent read this team yet but I like it already

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I havent read this team yet but I like it already

Why am I not surprised! Wink
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Next up, Halfling Ninjas.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2007 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, upon more caefull thought (I read the team) I have some reflections:

The team is quite different to some others. It might play in a different style.

I like "Sprogs", they are ordinary halflings. Not proffesionals.

I like grapplers. Giving them general access seems a logical step though.

Remove always hungry from the cannons. Cna the blunderbuss be used with TTM? Can it be used with bombs? Giving them the choice might be nice.

The team might need a little more punch. That or a little more to help them score. Why not give them a halfling pirate captain who has some fun skills, leader and foul appearence (his parrot flies round pecking people, making ball handling hard) could be interesting.

Fluff wise it could fit. It is not the most obvious fit (at all) but it does have several merits. The main merit that I can see is that they are a very obviously friendly, happy sort of halfling team. they also attract players that like both pirates AND halflings. (you do get some halfling pirates... just not alot)

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2007 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
What is wrong with the grapplers?

The point of the sprogs is that this team is going to get hurt a lot, so they have some reall cheap cannon fodder to either have as reserves when they are low on cash or as expendable LOS players.

I can't make the leap from someone throwing a grappling hook at a ship to using such a hook to somehow keep multiple opponents from escaping. It doesn't make sense.

If a team is in such bad shape that halflings aren't cheap and foddery enough, a boneheaded halfling isn't going to fix your problem.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2007 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it, some fine tuning and it's rearing to go!

Hey add in an Ogre Harpooner! (Queequeg anyone?)

SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2007 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of an ogre with a harpoon gun. How would you do this though? (ignoring any suggestion of bombs or tentacles)

Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2007 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Well, upon more caefull thought (I read the team) I have some reflections:

The team is quite different to some others. It might play in a different style.

I like "Sprogs", they are ordinary halflings. Not proffesionals.

I like grapplers. Giving them general access seems a logical step though.

Remove always hungry from the cannons. Cna the blunderbuss be used with TTM? Can it be used with bombs? Giving them the choice might be nice.

The team might need a little more punch. That or a little more to help them score. Why not give them a halfling pirate captain who has some fun skills, leader and foul appearence (his parrot flies round pecking people, making ball handling hard) could be interesting.

Fluff wise it could fit. It is not the most obvious fit (at all) but it does have several merits. The main merit that I can see is that they are a very obviously friendly, happy sort of halfling team. they also attract players that like both pirates AND halflings. (you do get some halfling pirates... just not alot)

I thought G access would be better on the swashbucklers since the team is allready lacking a bit in the offense.

The cannons are just copied from the gnome team. In the list they had Always Hungry and Blunderbuss.

I agree that they can use a little more punch. A pirate captain would be nice indeed. I didn't suggest it since I was afraid that people would think it would end up with too many positionals.

And you're right about the happy, friendly sort. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate pirate halflings Smile
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2007 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I can't make the leap from someone throwing a grappling hook at a ship to using such a hook to somehow keep multiple opponents from escaping. It doesn't make sense.

Maybe not. I did envision it mostly to be against one target. A st 2 player with tentacles would likely just be pushed away if he tried to cover several targets anyway.

Quote:
If a team is in such bad shape that halflings aren't cheap and foddery enough, a boneheaded halfling isn't going to fix your problem.

It's not about them being in bad shape, but with no big guys and AV 6 they are going to lose a lot of players. An ultra cheap player to fill the ranks and make sure that the team has reserves is just a little help. And I thought it was a little fun to have halflings so drunk on rum that they are Boneheaded...but perhaps you are too serious for such things Wink
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2007 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not that fond of the idea of bringing in Big Guys. Maybe the star player fanatic could be converted to a positional to give them some bashing power and a skilled pirate captain could be their new star player?
 Jump to: