74 coaches online • Server time: 22:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this is a little after the fact, but I was reminded a couple of days ago to get everyone's opinions on the FA Cup (and Plate) we held over Christmas.

Would you like to see a tournament like this again, interrupting the usual league schedule? Would you like to see it more often, or just over periods when lots of coaches are likely to be unavailable like Christmas/New Year? Or would you prefer it to never darken your door again?

Some coaches have noted that they have exams coming up from around May. It's possible we could have another cup covering this period.

Please post opinions and suggestions below, anyway!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I loved it. It was great fun, I'd love it to be more often, as tournaments are generally great fun. Probably only over periods where coaches are going to be away though...
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to alternate bewtween League & Cups.

Or run it as a seperate tournament using non league teams.

It would be cool if Christer could implement 'allied tournaments'

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see this run again, but only during times when coaches aren't always available... like Easter, Christmas, New Year etc... The only reason that I say this is because I feel that if we alternate the league and cups we will lose momentum from coaches that get knocked out in the early stages and having to wait some time until the next season begins again.

I did thoroughly enjoy the cup though.
phil78

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of just running a cup when people are away , if it gets run too often it might lose some of the magic.
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2007 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:
I like the idea of just running a cup when people are away , if it gets run too often it might lose some of the magic.

I agree. Cups are good but the leagues are the main event. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to bump this a few days later - but I agree with the majority. The league is the main event, and the cup might lose some of it's magic if we ran it too often. It was quite the event in it's first run, with some notable games, upsets and feuds beginning (!) during the cup run. I'd like to keep that 'special' feeling attached to it.
 Jump to: