Next tournament: NAF Live! 3 DIE BRAWL
27 / 28 June 2020, 6-round, 2-day tournament. AMERICAS group.
Accepting Teams until 09:00 Pacific Daylight Time (18:00 server time) 27 June 2020.
Team lists are due at 09:00 PDT / 18:00 server time on June 27 with the event being drawn 20 minutes later. Please be online at this time. Players who have not been online during this period may not be drawn in the event. This is an important part of registration.
The legendary 3 DIE BLOCK PODCAST brings NAF LIVE! it's tournament! A good old American brawl with simple rules: some skills, no tiers, only your players and your cunningness as coach to enjoy the purity of each Blood Bowl match. Are you brave enough to join the BRAWL?
Round / Europe / Americas (server time - check the top right of the page)
1 (June 27) / 11:00 / 18:00
2 (June 27) / 13:30 / 20:30
3 (June 27) / 15:30 / 22:30
4 (June 28) / 11:00 / 18:00
5 (June 28) / 13:30 / 20:30
6 (June 28) / 15:30 / 22:30
◦ Starting gold 1,100,000 gold coins.
◦ The gold coins can be spent on any combination:
- Players (minimum 11);
- Fan Factor
- Assistant Coaches;
* 0-2 Star Players (minimum 10 players before Star);
* Bloodweiser Keg;
* Master Chef;
* Wandering Apothecary.
-- cards and wizards not allowed --
◦ Current NAF teams are avaialable for use. BB16 and CRP Star Players are permitted as per site implementation.
◦ You must spend all your cash, or discard unspent funds. You cannot keep unspent funds in your treasury and spend it later.
150K for EXTRA SKILLS - NO TIERS
- 20k normal;
- 30k double.
◦ No Skill stacking.
◦ Piling On is as per CRP (team reroll is not required).
◦ Win - 2 points;
◦ Draw - 1 point;
◦ Loss - 0 points.
1) Head-to-Head to determine winner;
2) Opponent's Score to determine top 3;
3) net TD + net CAS for all other positions.
Team Creation Process
Team Creation Links:
European group / Americas group.
Tournament Signup Links:
European group / Americas group.
Add you NAF name and NAF number (This tournament is open to all, so please join us even if not a member)
to your team bio and include any inducements. To add details to your bio, click the "Add Bio / Edit Bio" (Red Circle) link on your team page.
It's easy to add these details.
To add you skills, clink the "Team Options" (Red Circle) link on your team page.
Wait for the team name to load, and then click "Skill Settings" (Red Circle)
Then you can select you skills. If you aren't suppposed to have a skill due to the ruleset, just choose "No Skill" on an unimportant player.
After that click on the group that you are joining.
Then you can join the tournament by clicking the "Apply for Membership" option (Red Circle). Your team wont show up straight away as it will need to be checked.
The last thing to do is to check the time the tournament starts in Server Time (Blue Circle) and be on the site 20 miniutes before the tournament starts. Not everyone is on discord and the way we check who is here and who is sleeping in is by site activity (Green Circle). If the tournament is ready to start and you are not active on the site, we may need to start without you.
-Message from 'goo
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues, we are noting increasing numbers of NAF tournaments are being postponed or cancelled. Health and well-being comes first, and we support Tournament Organisers talking whatever steps they deem necessary with their events to keep people safe.
As we lose these tournaments from the calendar, members are asking us if we can fill the gap with increased Online NAF activity; either via TOs simply holding their events online, or via the NAF providing more tournaments for you to participate in. The former presents us with non-trivial administration, technical and practical issues, so starting on March 28, we will be running a number of ‘NAF Live’ tournaments on FUMBBL for an indefinite amount of time.
We will be reviewing the format and frequency of these tournaments as we go along, but to begin with, these tournaments aim to recreate the real life tournament feeling as best we can, and will run in parallel with existing Online NAF events. Further details:
- Tournaments will comprise 3-6 games of Swiss over 1-2 weekend days (Sat / Sun), with the next event taking place on May 2 & 3.
- Participants will be expected to play up to 3 games in a day according to a set, timed schedule. e.g. Game 1: 10:00, Game 2: 12:30, etc.
- Tournaments will take place in European and Americas time zones. All NAF members may participate, as per usual for Online NAF.
- Rulesets will be taken from postponed tournaments with clear and well written rulespacks, accessible via the NAF site. These rulespacks should be easily implemented on FUMBBL, so tournaments with heavy or unique, integral house-rules should not apply.
Following the successes of the previous NAF Live! events, our sixth event event will feature the ruleset from teh Danish Open, but if there is any sepcific ruleset that you would like to see recreated online, please contact Purplegoo via the NAF website. You should also make contact if you have a good working knowledge of FUMBBL and would like to assist in administering these temporary events for a short time, as with more tournaments comes more work for our team. Please assist if you can!
Many thanks, and stay safe.
Phil / Purplegoo.