29 coaches online • Server time: 02:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which player is the worst positional in the game?
Human Catcher
13%
 13%  [ 25 ]
Wood Elf Catcher
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Wood Elf Thrower
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Amazon Thrower
9%
 9%  [ 18 ]
Slann Blitzer
15%
 15%  [ 30 ]
Pact Skaven Lineman
26%
 26%  [ 49 ]
Macavity
17%
 17%  [ 32 ]
Other
15%
 15%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 188

MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to be highly skeptic of the Pact Rat, but his increased MA has really helped in quite a few games. He makes an excellent blitzer in general and the increased +MA helps control the field very well. Animosity makes him less flexible, but for players that aren't destined for line duty +ma is much better than +av.

EDIT:

And human catcher is great. I find it odd/mad that someone doesn't find them useful. I find that the option of fielding 4 is superfluous, but 2 is a great addition to any team.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

But Marauders also have S access which is what makes them such good blitzers. If the Rat did too I would be on board.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
But Marauders also have S access which is what makes them such good blitzers. If the Rat did too I would be on board.

They're different kind of blitzers - Marauders are good for killing blitzes, rat makes a better positional blitzes with Wrestle etc.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Horns, wrestle, tackle / strip ball. I think you can live with 1 player that doesn't get Guard?

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking more along the lines on MB and PO. But yes I do understand where you are coming from. Just not for me personally. I would prefer a player that is equally useful on offence and defence.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Norse Thrower

+1. At least the Amazon Thrower starts with a skill that would normally require a doubles and can become a Blodger with 1 skill.

Human Catchers are actually quite good, you just have to understand they are not Elves.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would remove the Wood Elf Catcher and the Slann Blitzer... And add the Undead/Necro Ghoul and Khemri Passer

For teh Ghoul, only player in the game that costs over 50k that can't be saved via regen or appoth...

Khemri passer, when are you ever really going to pass with him...really!
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah but the Khmeri passer has Surehands, which is vital for Khemri.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

spinball wrote:
Personally I would remove the Wood Elf Catcher and the Slann Blitzer... And add the Undead/Necro Ghoul and Khemri Passer

For teh Ghoul, only player in the game that costs over 50k that can't be saved via regen or appoth...

Khemri passer, when are you ever really going to pass with him...really!

He has cheap sure hands and +MA though, very useful indeed.

Ghouls are great too, just that they dont last which is kind of sad. This does not make them bad though, just fragile.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ghouls are awesome.
I would say Dark Elf Assassin, but that's partly because Dark Elf Linemen are so awesome.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Khemri thro-ra was worst in LRB4, but it got +MA this go-round, so it's a clear advantage over a skelly with SH, and cheaper than a +MA/SH skelly.

My vote would be the Pack-Rat (sounds cooler than pact rat, IMO). For the same cost, you get +MA/-AV and loss of S (and to a lesser extent, P) access. It would be good with A access, but alas, no.

Slann blitzers are a little like bull centaurs: a bit of a third wheel until you skill them up a bit (though rookie bulls at least have ST4). They are certainly expensive, and may win a poll of most over-priced, but certainly not the worst. Heck, they're the only non-negatrait players who get both S and A access. All their starting skills are better off on developed players, so once they become developed players, they are a lot more reasonably priced.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Carnis

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Ghouls are awesome.
I would say Dark Elf Assassin, but that's partly because Dark Elf Linemen are so awesome.

DE Assassin is awesome Wink.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Norse Thrower

This
Bardazur

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, Norse thrower is the worst. LRB6 tomb guardian is also quite bad with no skill, but when the gets block/mighty blow, he becomes really good.
boruppeter

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2011 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Thats a big guy, start a new poll. Worst Big guy Smile I will vote for Rat Ogre or Chaos Dwarf/Pact Minotaur on that one.
No, Minos used to blitz with are great, if they have Juggernaut, as it compliments both Horns and Frenzy (and no turnover on 'both down' results on top), so the Deathroller for sure gets the Useless-Big-Guy-Award...
 Jump to: