58 coaches online • Server time: 23:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BHeaded

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently joined Fumbbl after a (very) long hiatus from playing Blood Bowl. As i do not have a lot of time to play, i only have 1 active team- my Orcs.

http://fumbbl.com/teams/Big+Meeniez.html

After browsing the various forums and teams on Fumbbl i quickly realised that there are countless coaches vastly more experienced than i am.

So, i ask the advice of everyone on how to advance this team. Any advice will be welcome, including pointing out errors i have already made.

My basic idea was to go for Block and Guard on all the BOB's and Tackle on the Blitzers (pretty boring i know!). I decided against MB and DP as i don't want to make finding games any harder than it should be.

I am also not quite decided on a Troll - not really sure about Big Guys.

So, there it is.

Any advice, comments, remarks and suggestions are welcome.(except maybe to play something else - i like Orcs)
Meech

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I reccomend stat increases too Smile
Heh, looks like you are doing well. Only thing I see is FIRE NIGGLERS. They are a pain!

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, fire nigglers.

Otherwise Guard on all players scare me away before Mblow on all players does, but that's something else...

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Whenever possible, score with your BoBs. The first skill for them should be block.

I would buy the troll and 1-2 goblins, simply for the option of a one-turn-touchdown.

My own Orc team has a hard time finding games, despite the lack of Mighty Blow and DP. My route for the BoBs is Block, Break Tackle, Pass Block. Blitzers: Guard, tackle. Linemen Block, tackle, passblock, pro.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=205872

EDIT: Oh yeah and the side step on my goblin was a mistake - since goblins are mostly used for the one turners, their priority should be catch and sure feet.

Last edited by Optihut on %b %03, %2006 - %18:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire the niggled player , he wont ever amount to much and if he does he'll always be niggled .

Also get a goblin or two , they can be very useful if you need an extra tackle zone as the dodge stunty combo keeps them quiet mobile and they are quickish (compared to orcs )

Edit : id probably sack the -ma aswell for a blitzer its bad . On something like a lino not so bad as you just put him on LoS . But the blitzer is one of your 4 players allowed a movement that will keep him up with most basic linemen .

The thing with ranked is its more important to have players at their best than in competitive leagues where bums on seats is more important . (i.e in ranked you are better of having a tr of 180 than 230 with niggled players as you get to choose your opponents , and they will most likely be 230 with no niggles or 180 with no niggles etc )
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Trolls are handy to soak up a block or two on the LoS.

Drop th niggled lineman, and look to save up to replace the -ma Blitzer for starters.

Block/Guard on the BOBs is perfectly fine, but it might be nice to build up a Blitzer or two with Tackle/Mighty Blow/Strip Ball to take out the opposition ball carrier.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, everybody seems pretty clear on the point of nigglers, so i fired the niggled lino and also the -ma Blitzer.

Any other suggestions? Is it better to have all the BOB's progress more or less the same (after Block obviously) or vary them.

And on the topic of the Troll, isn't he more of a liability than an advantage?

Thaks again for the help!
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Trolls are only a liability if you try to do important things with them like Blitzing.
If they start in the center of the LoS and can just stand next to people, they are doing great.
Get them Guard and keep doing this.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

BHeaded wrote:
Ok, everybody seems pretty clear on the point of nigglers, so i fired the niggled lino and also the -ma Blitzer.

Any other suggestions? Is it better to have all the BOB's progress more or less the same (after Block obviously) or vary them.

And on the topic of the Troll, isn't he more of a liability than an advantage?

Thaks again for the help!

I almost always go the Block, MB, Guard route for my Bobs... the MB helps a lot to get that 3rd skill and u don´t need to score with the bobs every time... which leads to more spps for your lineorcs or blitzers

A troll is a must have on the los. Don´t do important things with him unless he has block and / or pro.

Get a 4th blitzer as soon as possible, then the troll and the goblin(s). Try to skill your bobs asap to the 16 spp (all of em!), the blitzers will get their spps anyway...
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

After a team has spent 8 hard turns grinding their way down the field to tie the game, it just feels so good to throw the gobbo to win it as time expires Smile

Get the MB. You shouldn't have any trouble finding games until your TR is much higher. By then you can just start another rookie team to reduce your wait time.

If you really want to play vs wuss teams the easiest thing is to start a wuss team. Smile

By the time you get your fourth blitzer, troll, 2nd thrower & gobbo you won't need all those linos. You'll find that they rarely get on the field and increase your TR.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

As with most teams, kick on a lineman when you can, will help.
 Jump to: