44 coaches online • Server time: 09:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we have a SWL/NWL Superbowl?
No. Keep the leagues separate, it's too much of a hassle.
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Option A - Real teams, real results.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Option B - Real teams, just for fun.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Option C - All-star teams, just for fun.
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Option D- PIE!!!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Option E - I've got a different idea! see below
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Fool

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Both Leagues seasons have ended recently, and both leagues will be starting up their new season soon (Season XX for SWL and Season 6 for NWL).

The idea has been bandied about before, but usually the timing hasn't worked out as one league is in session when the other has been in intermission.

Well this is ultimately something that will be decided by the two Commissioners and their admin teams, but I was wondering what the other coaches of those two leagues thought of the concept.

Here are some ideas on how to do it that I had, I'd love to hear of further interesting options from others.

A) The two premier league winners go at it head to head at the end of the Season. It's a real game - including winnings, spps, casualties, etc. Yes, they get a possible advantage by having an extra game in between season, but they earned it for winning the league.

B) The two premier league winners go at it head to head at the end of the season. Not a real game (ie. no permanent changes, not uploaded to FUMBBL) Just for bragging rights.

C) Two All-Star teams are chosen from amongst the players of the teams in the two Premier leagues. The two winning coaches use these teams in a nice bash-em up All-star game at the end of season. Just for fun and bragging rights. SWL All-stars vs. NWL All-stars.

Let me know what you think.
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i think ur cute!
erikekers

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted option C as it lets more coaches feel like their involved. (ie it is the only way i will get any involment)
Plus the All Star games are wicked fun to start with.

I am guessing that these teams would be coached by the Prem winners
toonook

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think death's funny

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

All star teams like the NFL Pro Bowl, Drawn from the premiers league/division of each. And maybe a clever graphics person could do thing to go on each pro bowlers character pic etc ....you know like pro bowl rings or something.

selections of say 1 big guy ( from the big guys list. , 4 blitzer/CW types ( LRB5 non 0-16 types ) , 2 catcher types( LRB5 non 0-16 types ), 2 thrower types( LRB5 non 0-16 types ), remainder 7 lineman types ( LRB5 0-16s )

And do it with SWL 20, NWL 6 ( thats NWLs next season yeh? ) lists from premier. Selections made by the winning season coach of premier in each league.

Be a bit of a prestige thing to be the Probowl coach i should htink, and you could also get braging rights for your Southerners/Northerners. THouh Fool you could cause a problem.... plus think of the game call. We could Teamspeak it or tinshed for comments etc...ah takes me back to when we were doing those game calls of SWL games they were sweet . ( see Channel BB! for some examples. )

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the All-Star idea, and it could be scheduled at a particular day and time and announced so we could all spec. Of course, a full match report via the forums would be required from the coaches. Smile

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

All Star fun game. That way, if you get 4 MNGs in the SWL/NWL game you're not penalised.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have discussed this in the past with NWL Admins and our leaning is to a true Super Bowl... i.e. the two champs squaring off.

We were waiting on the NWL maturing a bit to ensure that the game is competitive, but we havent looked at it for some time.

Clay
SWL Commish.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's important we at least start the rivalry, and now is a great opportunity to do so. If it's deemed by the current leadership that one league is WAAAYYY stronger then let's have a for fun match, and we can tweak how we do it in season's to come.

But we should start playing against those silly teams down-under!!! Wink

Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2007 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering, as we have similar game coming up in NFL, that can the game be played on FUMBBL server? As neither team is FUMBBL team, can the site host the game?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2007 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

@Kyyberi, you can use the FUMBBL proxy for any game of blood bowl (at least, i'm pretty sure you can). However, you can't launch it through the website (i.e. via the "play" link), and I don't think it will show up on the games page. Basically, you need to advertise in IRC what the server/port/proxy is so that specs can join (you can even generate a link in the same format as those on the games page if you want).

Hope that helps Smile

Jump to: