42 coaches online • Server time: 17:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2009 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of waiting ....Any idea when the 2 elf boys will be finishing up their final game in Premeire?

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

First, I apparently offended you, and I apologize for that.

However, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. your perception is skewed to favor your point. If you in fact played only 1 game/week it is absolutely impossible that you waited 30-40 days between games. 20 is possible, which Im sure you would still find unacceptable.

Instead, what you are saying is; "because I played multiple games within the prescribed time for a single game, and that worked for my schedule, I think it should be expected of everyone else."

Perhaps we should limit "playing ahead", that would solve your problem with our fixed schedule, however would not be as favorable to your argument.

Finally, Round length will be shortened to 1 week (7days) for Season 13, however, 3 days shorter rounds will not make it that much less likely for your scenario to occur again.

thoughts?

Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

10 days was good enough

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
Finally, Round length will be shortened to 1 week (7days) for Season 13, however, 3 days shorter rounds will not make it that much less likely for your scenario to occur again.

thoughts?

I'm against the shorter rounds from a personal perspective, but have no real valid reason to argue against it, so I guess that means I'm for it?????
Well lets say I'm ok with it for now. Although I'm thinking it might cause a lot of extensions, throwing off later games, but I guess we should see if that's true or not.

If, or rather when this is implemented, can you make the weeks start on a thursday or friday. It'll make it easier for people like me who weekendsd are generally bb free able to schedule my games in easier. I generally need to shift my work/rl hours around if I need to get games in earlier then my usual playing time (such as when i have to schedule game with you toddles).

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm against seven days. I would hate for someone to forfeit a match because they had a busy week.

I am for stepping up the 10 days, though. When last match of round X is played, then round Y begins.
Alexis

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty new in NWL as I don't have any active team in Fringe, Vet or Premiere so take my opinion lightly, but I would prefer to keep the 10 days/round. I'm in the military and its common for me to have excercices that take a week long.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking the 7 day rounds will begin on a Thursday, and end effectively on a Thursday. The weekend following will be the dead stop for any possible extensions, but are at the discretion of the Division Commissioner, you will have to com-mu-nee-kate with your commissioner if you need an extension. You should provide a time and date on which you will play your match (if it falls outside the round) <-- NOTE: This means you will also have to com-mu-nee-kate with your opponent as well.

BTW, thanks to everyone that likes 10 day rounds for speaking up when Pain State and Altus Bellator were handing me my head! heheheh

mwilli72

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I was one of the first ones this thread to push for shorter rounds, but if we get the movable deadlines that's really all I need. I just don't like the big waits at the ends of the season.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The reality that I alluded to early is that if you get your game in on Day 1 of the round, you could potentially have to wait a full 2 rounds to play your next match. That's the problem with fixed schedule leagues. We try to recruit people that are commited and we'll be fine as a group, but its going to happen sooner or later. If both coaches have played their match from the previous turn, it stands to reason that they should be able to get their match played within 7-10 days of that time, however it is a management nightmare to try and enforce it. That's why shortening the rounds is better, there will still be some coaches that have family emergencies, military duty, etc. that will negatively impact the league from time to time but that's just the way it goes, and we'll work around that as best we can.

prophane

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

a bit after the fact then, i prefer 10 day rounds too.

altus_bellator

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
I'm thinking the 7 day rounds will begin on a Thursday, and end effectively on a Thursday. The weekend following will be the dead stop for any possible extensions, but are at the discretion of the Division Commissioner, you will have to com-mu-nee-kate with your commissioner if you need an extension. You should provide a time and date on which you will play your match (if it falls outside the round) <-- NOTE: This means you will also have to com-mu-nee-kate with your opponent as well.

BTW, thanks to everyone that likes 10 day rounds for speaking up when Pain State and Altus Bellator were handing me my head! heheheh

You mistake my opinion for taking offense, I assure you, I did not. Nor was I referring to myself, but those in my division. If you look at the current game that has been pending we have one coach who's last game was played 2/18/09. Today's date is 3/24/08. A period so far of 34 days and counting...this domino effects to the rest of the division.

I have never been a coach screaming me me me, this is a division wide problem in my opinion and thus a league wide problem. 10 days is not unreasonable, if admins will step up, be the jerks they have to be when the case arises.

These sort of delays are what I am trying to help resolve Tod, and I promise, I like your head right where it is and will only take it off on the pitch. Wink

I didn't want to get into the exact examples because it is too close to pointing fingers, I know how tough it is to play admin of a league. I am just not necessarily good at communication without sounding harsh.

I really am just trying to help. Smile
Haxtor

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2009 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Just like to throw out there go go New Tournament! Great job catching up the rounds guys. An underdog in the final, I know Alcing played a tough game against me, but I am going to have to watch the replays of the other ones. That is exciting news!
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Even though this is late:

I'm a big fan of the 10 day setup. I tend to get really busy with wife/job/running tourneys/local leagues. It's fine that we are moving to a weekly basis, but I'd prefer a little more time than that. Also, NWL is pretty much all I play nowadays. I don't really play any other games besides NWL, so, take that as you will.

Also, come on Vol, beat Johnny! I'm tired of playing down 30 something points!

@ Tod: Whether I win or lose, do I automatically get into Vet with the Redux?

Z
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

OK guys here is the deal

This is a public service post to let everyone else in on the loop

This was a PM sent to Mully to inform him of the post season and what to expect

Iam posting it here so everyone else knows what is going on and what to expect in the next week so we all can get ready for the next season. In the big picture It would be in everyones intrest to get the premier season put to bed and get the playoff done. AND have the NEW Tourney also finish so we can crown the champs and get ready for season#13. Todd and myself, and probally alot more of you, would like to see the Season#12 come to a complete end by next Thursday if not sooner. So everyone still left standing make every attempt to get your last few games played.

Ok here is the deal. I have issued the come to Jesus edict on Lucky and Sami. They have until Thursday night to end the season.

IF they do not finish it Iam going to forfeit Sami and you and Lucky will play each other for the title.

IF

They get the game in and finish the season then you will play Sami for the right to take on Lucky for the title.

Time is of the essence and here is what Tood and myself expect, with in reason of course. I will assume the game is played.

You play Sami in a timely manner. Hopefully get the game played by tuesday of next week and then the winner takes on Lucky a day or to later. In the big picture I would like to see the Playoffs done by next Thursday so the enitre league can move forward to next season.

It really is up to you and the other 2 coaches to get this thing done.

I PMed Lucky and Sami and after kicking them in the butt told them the same thing I told you about the playoff situation so they know what to expect.

I will keep you up to date on what is going on.

SO just be ready to move once the last game is played so this does not drag out.

PainState
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Screech I have not forgotten you earlier post, you brought up some good points. Iam just trying to mull them over and come up with a responable response. Iam taking my time to think about it because your post hits on some of the really hot button issues with the league and a few seasons ago a innocent discussion of DP's turned into an all out flame war that sent about 4 coaches packing up and leaving and got everyones panties in a wad.

I will get back to your post in a few hours or days or maybe after season #13.