35 coaches online • Server time: 09:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my thoughts on the 7 or 10 day rounds.

This is all prefaced on that fact that as a group we like the concept of hard deadlines, but the majority of us realize that a lot of coaches in the leagues have familys and "other" stuff going on, situations arise that are out of our control so even a 10 day window might not be good enough. Even with all the "tough" talk we still allow some extra days to get games in.

So

Go to a 7 day schedule BUT allow a 3 day window if coaches PM there respective commish and inform them what is going on.
or
Go with a 10 day schedule but be really firm with the deadlines.

My real issue with this is I dont think the league needs to be really hard ass about the deadlines as long as coaches are making attempts to get games played. Obviously if a game is over a week then something needs to be done and a forfeit choice has to be made. This season was really good about getting games played and we had allmost no forfeits if any.

The issue of guys racing ahead of the schedule I really have no clue on how to solve that issue. I dont think there really is any resoulution to that issue to be honest.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question? Are we accepting more teams for the NEW division for #13? Or is it too late?

Z
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea Alcing. I would like to get a team in the NEW for season #13. I have been to focused on trying to get season#12 over with that I have not even thought about the next season yet.

TODD what is going on with the NEW for next season?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
OK guys here is the deal

This is a public service post to let everyone else in on the loop

This was a PM sent to Mully to inform him of the post season and what to expect

Iam posting it here so everyone else knows what is going on and what to expect in the next week so we all can get ready for the next season. In the big picture It would be in everyones intrest to get the premier season put to bed and get the playoff done. AND have the NEW Tourney also finish so we can crown the champs and get ready for season#13. Todd and myself, and probally alot more of you, would like to see the Season#12 come to a complete end by next Thursday if not sooner. So everyone still left standing make every attempt to get your last few games played.

Ok here is the deal. I have issued the come to Jesus edict on Lucky and Sami. They have until Thursday night to end the season.

IF they do not finish it Iam going to forfeit Sami and you and Lucky will play each other for the title.

IF

They get the game in and finish the season then you will play Sami for the right to take on Lucky for the title.

As the biggest benefactor of a forfeit in the history of the NWL (see my season 11 premiere championship title), why would the rules be altered at this time to say only Mully and Lucky would play for the title. I am not aware of all of the "behind the scenes on who is to blame for being WELL overdue the deadline", but if you have to hand out minus points for not getting the match done, isn't there still a chance everyone's least favorite dwarves would have a shot at beating up Mully's elves in the game to see who gets to play LE for the tourney title?

Please note, I am not assuming that Tod or PS are altering any rules. I have full faith in them to make the right decision and I think Thursday is a good deadline date. Now having said that, everyone should be motivated enough to get the game completed and make sure the dwarves are done for the season!!!! Wink

...or you could let me continue to practice my Piling On skills....

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Celas your point is taken. Todd and I Briefly talked about this and in the intrest of getting it done we decided on a whim that we would just get this thing over with and let mully and lucky go at it. BUT you are right that if forfeits are handed out you would be by the rules the next guy in line so we will go that way with it. SO IF the game is forfeit you will play mully and then the winner will get their shot at Lucky.

Lets just hope Sami and Lucky can get it done by Thursday so we can end it the offical way.

We were not even thinking about the rules per se just trying to get this season over with.

Kinda of like the bail out, just get it done we dont have enough time to actually think about it and have a plan.

Last edited by PainState on %b %25, %2009 - %16:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as long as your bonuses get taxes 90%, we're cool.

Z
celas

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok Celas your point is taken. Todd and I Briefly talked about this and in the intrest of getting it done we decided on a whim that we would just get this thing over with and let mully and lucky go at it. BUT you are right that if forfeits are handed out you would be by the rules the next guy in line so we will go that way with it. SO IF the game is forfeit you will play mully and then the winner will get their shot at Lucky.

Lets just hope Sami and Lucky can get it done by Thursday so we can end it the offical way.

We were not even thinking about the rules per se just trying to get this season over with.

Kinda of like the bail out, just get it done we dont have enough time to actually think about it and have a plan.

w00t!!!

/me shuffles his hands together like Mr. Burns while muttering "Excellent...excellent"

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey 10% of 20 million is still better than nothing.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

AlcingRagaholic wrote:
Quick question? Are we accepting more teams for the NEW division for #13? Or is it too late?

Z

I don't believe the call went out for draft lists yet so you should be alright to get a NEW team in.

As for your other question, given the amount of people exiting in Premiere and Vet (through demotions, restarts or hiatus), in the past, more than just the winner of the NEW group was elevated to Vet. We will have to wait and see what happens though.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No kidding.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Man Celas now you got me thinking about this wholle end of season crap. I dont like to think man.

I will defend Sami in this that its not like he is not making an attempt to get the game in either. He has his side of the story also. SO if we go by rules we are going to have to have a committe meeting just to detemine by our own frankenstein monster rules for forfeits. Which could lead to Sami falling to 3rd but still ahead of you. Lets just hope it does not come to that.

(to have to have) is that even proper english?
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Northern Waste Goon Squad is ready to roar into the NEW DIV and rule the NWL in a few seasons. This goblin squad has a mean dispostition and some really sharp teeth. Early reports from training camp shows that these guys actually have a game plan and are really orgainized, strange for a Gobo team. Their Hunka Chunka play is looking good and there should be some high flying gobos on the pitch this upcoming season.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't there supposed to be a draft, or can I make any team I want?

Z
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be a draft....BUT only a fool such as myself would take goblins.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2009 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dammit Todd, setup the drafts for NWL NEW 13, curse you! Do it NOW!

I wanna make a team for when the Necros completely tank.

Z
 Jump to: