56 coaches online • Server time: 21:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2009 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'm going to like to rules in general for this league.
I am not a fan of multiple DP teams but I do think the limits are 1 DP too low for each division.
Maybe that should only be bumped up for a few of the suboptimal team choices like Norse.
BTW... Did I mention I plan on playing Norse in NEW this season.

Glad to see the 7 day rounds implemented.
I kind of wish an end of season KO was in place but I can live without it.
I'd say 3 promotion/demotions is about right for 8 or 9 team divisions.
The divisions structure is good allowing for both NEW and CONTINUED teams.
And the racial diversity rules help keep the league from being all the same few teams.

Looking forward to having my team trashed all over the field in Fringe this season and lucking my way to a few ties and the occasional win.
screech

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2009 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

We are starting to touch on the real hot issues for the NWL here and those seem to get coaches all bent out of shape.
All my seasons in the NWL these 3 issues have allways come up and are debated with passion and coaches have left over them.

SO

Lets just set these in freaking stone and do not become swayed by the passions of the forums and keep going back and forth on these hot button issues.

Make it cut and dry and the debate is OVER.

I dont care which way it goes but lets end it and make these three rules permanant and move on. Let the chips fall were they are and move on.

Ok screech that was my well thought out response to your post many pages ago.

Couple of things.
First i hope you dont think it was me getting out of shape, cuz geez-louis it's just a game.
As to the same topics coming up and setting rules in stone with no more complaints, you must be living in a fantasy world with pixies and elves (and they probably play some sort of game that similar to a real sport, but involves a spikey ball) if you think that will ever stop debates and complaints. I mean you can set your calender to when the next big fouling thread appears on the forum. It's the nature of the beast i guess.
For that matter, It's my firm belief that all ingame rules should adhere to the lrb, it makes thing simplier, and puts it out of the hands of partisan arguments.
I'd say more, but i really got to leave work now.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2009 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I agree Screech that debate will allways happen. But what Iam trying to say is that the league as a wholle is not swayed every season to changing rules back and forth. I understand as a league we dont want to run off players but at some point we need to stick to our guns and say this is how it is.

What if Christer was allways changing how fumbbl was run based on the 101+ threads on fouling and DP. Now granted his fall back is allways if you dont like it find a league, we dont have that luxury. But its the big point. At some point we as a league have to define ourselves and stick to it. Thats all Iam saying. The sometimes wishey washey approach to the Big 3 Issues seems to cause a lot of grief.

There are a lot of side issues like 7 day or 10 day rounds. Or how do we handle forfeits that season to season could change. BUT those do not effect actual game play like the big 3.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2009 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState - I agree 100% with your comments.

I choose to play leagues where a) I like the coaches and b) I like the set of rules. But buidling a team and committing time to a league that is continuously going back and forth on these major issues can be a tad aggravating.

I ran the CCC with a distinct set of rules that was not up for debate. Some coaches liked them (and played) and some coaches thought the rules were stupid (and stayed away). But the coaches that played had some comfort in knowing that those rules were set.

I had run multiple leagues in the past before learning that if you stick to your guns you will probably piss off 50% of the coaches, but if you try and please everyone you end up pissing off all of them.

DAT - if this is your league, you run it with the rules you prefer. If you see changes that would improve the league then make them. The coaches who want to play, will play.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2009 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok let me clarify some things before my last post sets off a flame war.

We are starting to touch on the real hot issues for the NWL here and those seem to get coaches all bent out of shape.

Here is my real issue....I like panties!

DP's: , more panties in a wad and now we are slowly creeping back to unlimited for game balance.

Stars/Wizards: and more panties get waded up and we then outlaw both but then more panties are waded up and we go half way and allow the wizards. The undead coaches, but there are so few, get their panties all waded but since those garmets smell and are rotted we dont really care.

Pain, you have a problem with panties....and this undead coach does not wear panties, only thongs.... O.O

I couldn't agree more though, please set these rules in stone one way or the other!
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2009 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice Altus. One of the best posts of the season Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2009 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cmon, people in NEW! Get playing! I wanna see some blood, guys!

Z
SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2009 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't really read much on the forum until recently. Now, with a new season starting up, I guess it's time to throw my two copper pieces into the mix.

I agree with PainState and Altus, rules should start to be set in stone, after 12 seasons, it's kind of odd that we must continue to endure so many changes. But here's my personal thoughts on everything.

* Round Length: I'm cool with that.
* Winn/Draw/Lose: I like it. Ties worth more, I tend to tie a lot. Smile
* Promotions/Demotions: Makes total sense. Good there too.

* DP limits***** Okay, first of all, personally, I hate fouling and think DP is way too powerful in LRB 4.0. However, those are the rules we must endure right now, and I understand fouling is part of the game.

That said, why must we constantly change this? What if my premier team gains 6 DP's out of 12 players, and I got demoted? Now I must cut my team back to 8 players? Madness! How about making it a flat 2 or 3 DP (or unlimited), for ALL divisions. If some coaches feel they must allocate DP to their players, that's other skills they are missing out on. It also will make their DP's targets for me to go after.

Make it all or nothing, than there's no worrying or changes that have to be made. 3 DP is way more than enough and would satisfy everyone, without worrying about unlimited. (I'd be content to see zero in the entire league).

***Stars & Wizards**** Okay, here's another one that really should be all or nothing. You can't truly justify wizards when undead don't get them and dwarfs get a crappy runesmith. So if you are going to allow wizards, than allow stars too. And don't limit it if you do allow them. Both stars and wizards cost money, so if a coach is wise and crafty and saves up money to hire such, than let them.

The other option is to ban both and force NWL coaches to play teams consisted of their players. The biggest problem is we are trying to advance a system based on old rules, and truthfully, that is why LRB 5.0 and 6.0 were born. Face it LRB4.0 is antiquated, so we really can only modify it so much.

Make it ALL or NOTHING. Still allow freebooters though. Personally, I could go either way, but I would not like to see them allowed and limited. That's just nonsense.
Rules Changes for Season 13
Round Length 7 days, begin/end Thursday night!
DP limits slide over 1 so Premier unlimited, 2 max in vet, 1 DP allowed in Fringe.
Win/Draw/Loss points changed to 4/2/1
Promote/Demote 3up 3 down in Premier and vet.
Provisional rule: Advantage: teams may hire a star or wizard twice per season(or 2 stars, 0 wizards, etc. total 2) any combination. this rule is a one season trial. Use it while you got it.
westerner

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2009 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I am interested in joining the NWL New league. The rules state to contact the recruiter, but they don't give his name. Who should I speak to?

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2009 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay folks, after further review for season 13 we're gonna go back to our roots! Twisted Evil

Rules Changes
1. DP is allowed and uncapped.
2. Wizards are allowed and uncapped.
3. Stars are allowed and uncapped.
4. Win/Tie/Loss will be 4/2/1 respectively.
5. Rounds will be 7 days starting on Thursday and ending on Thursday.
6. Promote/Demote is 3up 3 down, before retirements, etc.

basically, the rules we will use will be 100% LRB 4.0. And may Nuffle have mercy on us all! (a bit more mercy on my orcs than those pesky elves, of course)

PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2009 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I will vouch for you westerner....talk to Todd and he will get you all set up.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2009 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
Okay folks, after further review for season 13 we're gonna go back to our roots! Twisted Evil

Rules Changes
1. DP is allowed and uncapped.
2. Wizards are allowed and uncapped.
3. Stars are allowed and uncapped.
4. Win/Tie/Loss will be 4/2/1 respectively.
5. Rounds will be 7 days starting on Thursday and ending on Thursday.
6. Promote/Demote is 3up 3 down, before retirements, etc.

basically, the rules we will use will be 100% LRB 4.0. And may Nuffle have mercy on us all! (a bit more mercy on my orcs than those pesky elves, of course)

I like the changes. I doubt it will help my dwarves one bit, but it might make it fun to play a vampire team now in NEW. Also, undeads should get a welcome boost.

I hope those with concerns realize that these rules actually can work when the league is not full of power-gamers.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2009 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my! What a change. Ok, I'm still diggety diggety down for this, I'm just sad I had to retire my DP zombie in new Sad

Z
SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2009 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I feel the changes are fair and will be adequate since they are universal for ALL divisions.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2009 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Premier SEMI-FINALS tonight at 9! 9:15 Kickoff!!!!

Elfball at its finest!

Woot!

Jump to: