46 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roseph

Post   Posted: May 08, 2009 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the first time this happened to me I put the star off the field twice. Nothing like hurting the star early (damn regen on Ripper) to take that away. Every time i see cash I expect a hire. I myself hire with gobbos and flings. Having said that, I dont complain when it happens but if its in my power( dice) the star dies asap
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

treborius wrote:
...i remember that happening to me - agreed on a match with my Dwarf (at a TS-disadvantage) vs. some Ogres - hired a Longbeard-freebooter as linefodder just before joining (now at a TS-advantage, but less than the disadvantage, before) and the guy dropped from the agreement...

...tough luck on my side, but still quite dodgy on my oppo's Wink

...won't tell names, of course Cool

Yup, I felt that you sneaked it in so I took revenge by finding another game Smile Probably wouldnt bother doing this normally but perhaps you caught me at a bad time (ogre TS isnt very accurate in any case).

Quote:
hmmm, that's funny: you don't like asking beforehand 'cause that would be dodgy, but do check before joining the game Confused

Yup, the pregame agreement rules is rather vague but (IMO) frequently broken by site users. I prefer not to stray too close to the line here because its easier to simply check their roster.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
MadPoet

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Player purchase and skills are supposed to be handled before the next game is found. But, some sort of ready state would have to be implemented, such that you can tell that a player has made all his decisions and whatnot.

Freebooting and star players are part of pregame.. totally valid, mandatory for some teams. There's a reason nuffle likes to give them the MVP.
treborius

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Yup, I felt that you sneaked it in so I took revenge by finding another game Smile

darn - now you exposed yourself Razz
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2009 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a long exhausted topic discussed forever, but...

Has anyone asked a coach what they are doing with the money in the treasury and been lied to? I've not. I ask, they tell me, I work out what I'm going to do.

Whenever I've been asked, I tell the truth, and sometimes people (well, Burn!) peer pressure me into silly stars (like Vamp Lords 'You don't see them often...) and we have a great amount of fun seeing if they splat. My new Gobbos are making all kinds of friends bringing Bomber and hopefully soon Scrappa...

Do I live in a silly naive World of honesty and cool coaches? Confused
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i have to say never been lied to about cash

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
Shrap

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What Hogshine said...I had heaps of cash on my undead team because I was saving for a major...the one that just started...but my ST4 Wight...my ST4 guard zombie...my AG4 dodge wight and my 51plus SPP mummy all died or niggled in 2 games and I just used all the cash the buy replacements....Im going to go cry again now...
Kenty

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I was lied to about cash once. I asked this guy to loan me $5 and he said he didn't have any money. Turns out, he did have money, he just didn't want to loan me $5
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 15:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

/me loans Kenty $5 ... and a hug.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a game with orcs vs some Khemri that sneaked in a Ramtut on me, and I wasnt too happy.

He wanted a rematch a couple of days later and had money to hire Ramtut again so I asked him and he said he wouldn´t hire him this time so I agreed to the game. He was a bit suprised though when I had hired Morg to see those mummies off and said something about agreeing not to hire stars.

I then pointed out to him I only asked if he was hiring, I never said anything about myself:D
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Mafo wrote:
I played a game with orcs vs some Khemri that sneaked in a Ramtut on me, and I wasnt too happy.

He wanted a rematch a couple of days later and had money to hire Ramtut again so I asked him and he said he wouldn´t hire him this time so I agreed to the game. He was a bit suprised though when I had hired Morg to see those mummies off and said something about agreeing not to hire stars.

I then pointed out to him I only asked if he was hiring, I never said anything about myself:D

I'm not much into this "smartasses deserve smartassery in return" thing, but I admit this made me grin.
Wink