27 coaches online • Server time: 02:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
oryx

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

not a big fan of the 7 day rounds - but that could be because I don't have internet at home right now.
mwilli72

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2009 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any word on when the playoff match is happening?
xyon

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2009 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be fine with trying either 8 or 9 day rounds as a compromise between the 7 and the 10.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Are the Playoff teams not playing the game in some sort of protest?

NEVER MIND... Getting used to the new layout of the site for leagues. My Bad....OR a little resentment still lingering from being left out of said playoffs?

OH well I will get over it and take it out on someones pixels in the first round of the new season.
celas

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I could have been playing a playoff game over a week ago! ;-P

Maybe PS and I should play for the right to play Johnny Ryce. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2009 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote to forfeit the playoff's finale and get on with season 14.

This takes forever.

When is draft going to be? Draft day is always a fun day Smile
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok were is the fourm troll in charge of setting up the season#14 thread?

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Black Fire Pass Blitzers vs. Ice Nine: Blitzers win 3-0

Giant Killers. That's what we are this season.

The NWL Black Fire Pass Blitzers have put in quite a few seasons in the NWL, initially battling their way up to Veteran , to Premier and for the past several seasons have yo-yo-ed up and down between the two groups.

Last season was a break out session for the Blitzers who claimed the Veteran title undefeated and set themselves up for a big run this year in Premier.

Expecting a tough game from Ice Nine, the former Champions, this looked to be an all-out war with two division champs going toe to toe. As coach Johnny_Ryce said, the Dwarfs came out slugging and despite being out-fouled 6 to 1, the Dwarfs inflicted the reverse in casualties, 6-1. That was the tell tale difference.

Team Captian Jak Hammerbert, #58 was amazing this game, inflicting 3 casualties as well as stealing the ball and throwing it for a completion for a TD score. No wonder he was voted MVP of the game.

Both Blitzer runners scored, with newcomer Merill Hodge-Podge, #33 really taking to the game and scoring twice in this venue.

Ice Nine did their best, but really had no shot at winning this one. Yes, they were last seasons Champs. Now there's new Sheriff in town.....
celas

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Update on Late Fringe Match:

Due to the late addition of one team, Meech and Catalyst have an extension of their first round match up until this Wednesday. Please see notes below:

Everyone involved in these second round match ups should start PMing your 2nd round opponents so that you can get the 2nd round match done in short order. This first round match will not be granted an extension past Wed. thus you know you will be able to schedule the 2nd round match anytime after that.

Hopefully this does not come across too harsh; it's for the good of everyone that this moves ASAP.

celas

PS: On a side note, A LOT of scheduling matches seems to happen in the chat; if either one of you do not frequent the chat, then you have to work twice as hard to make sure the PMs are flying quickly. I realize that the late start in adding Meech's team is the major reason for the delay, but in general, when it comes time to determine who is responsible for a match not being played, the commissioners have only the following to go on (in order of importance): 1) PMs from both coaches stating what they have done to try to schedule the match, 2) Previous history with NWL and difficulty in scheduling matches, and 3) Whether we can see how available you are to play the match.

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2009 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

yea im waiting to get my round 2 game in but unfortunately my opponent still hasnt played round 1 game... hopefully will get the game in tonight (wed) or thursday at the latest (which is good since thursday is the deadline!)

SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2009 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The NWL Black Fire Pass Blitzers continue their new path of domination, this time against a cagey High Elf team coached by mwilli72.

The Blitzers received the ball first and started to march their way down field. Despite desperate attempts by the elves of Valar Quendi to get at the ball carrier, the more advanced-skilled dwarves managed to keep them at bay. The cheaty elf team even broke the code of dwarven honor 3 times by kicking men whilst they were down on the ground in the first half. Still, what more can one expect from untrustworthy elves?

The half ended with a late score by Mwelde "wants" Moore. Kicking to the elfs, coach SteelThunder manged to pull out a surprise and unleashed a perfect defense against the elves.

Alread backed up, the elves of Valar Quendi gave it their all, but were running out of chances (rerolls) quickly. Losing a few key players to blocks, they found 3 of their receivers double covered. After some great tackling by the dwarfs, including Cyle Kalamity (the diving tackler), the elfs were left open for a blitz by Jak Hammerbert.

Hammerbert, #58, and team captain, laid a huge hit, popping the ball loose, only to be snatched up by Merill Hodge Podge, #33. Merill made clear of all the blockers, who were adequately containing any elven pursuers. Merill managed to score the second TD and lock in the victory for the dwarf team.

mwilli72 tried his best, but Nuffle favored the Blitzers this day and this just may be their time to take the Premier division by storm!
th0r

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2009 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance of getting the NWL New tournament started? The division is dead right now and myself I haven't played a game in about three weeks. It's great that you've restarted the division, but this just brings up another issue, the TR cap. My team has already cut players to meet the start of the tournament cap, so I obviously cannot play any more games. The low TR cap is really unfair for certain teams, as it means I can basically just get block on all my players and little to no good skills, which means I will most likely be bounced first round by elves/amazons. Anyway this way the tournament will end around the same time as the regular NWL divisions and we can get on with it.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think what we are seeing in the NEW after two seasons is just what you are talking about th0r. In the big picture the vast majority of teams in the NEW are coached by guys who allready have teams in the main Div. So they play games in the NEW when they have some free time but are not actively looking for games. So the NEW is left with only 3-6 coaches who are trully playing to get into fringe. Once you have played all the active coaches and a few of the passive coaches you are left with nothing.

But the point of NEW was to get your team started up with atleast some skills and then off you go. Before NEW you were thrown in the fire with a starter team that could take 3-4 seasons to actually get up and running. So I think the trade off for the true new coach to the NWL is that you get your team atleast ready to play with, have some skills, and then you can compete right off the bat in fringe.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the Buccaneers have finally given in...We have fought long and hard for 2 seasons to try to climb the summit but it is just not going to happen. The premeir div has just chewed up the bucs and spit them out. So its time for the big rebuild and probally a two season crash all the way back to fringe.

Or will the goon squad make an apperance?

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2009 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

DAT - can you put the NWL group link on the home page of the Honor league? It's an easy way to follow how you "real coaches" are doing.

Jump to: