19 coaches online • Server time: 03:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
oryx

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2009 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm this thread seems to be a little bit dead. We need to spice it up!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2010 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Trying out some stat stuff for the NWL.

1st attempt: Epic fail

2nd attempt: Fail, but getting closer

3rd attempt: SUCCESS!!!! I will get the NWL Season XV stats up and running on the NWL STATS page.

Premier up and running on the stats page

Vet up and running on the stats page

Fringe up and running on the stats page.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2010 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL Stats page completly up to date for your viewing pleasure.

Up to date Championship rankings.
Previous Winners
and
Season #15 Stat leaders for each Div.

Enjoy.

The link is on the NWL main page.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2010 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, how is it that in a Premiere division with 2 CD teams, a dwarf team and an orc team, one of my elves led the season in blocks? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!
xyon

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been back for about a week now.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
xyon

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2010 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I have IRC installed, it should be working but my connection is being refused. And my current computer is still not working so I'm having problems getting that up, but my dad has some computers I am using. So people can contact me through PMs

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I propose a two week time limit for the first week of play after the start of the new season, it seems that after the season starts some were not aware it had started , and don't usually have two days to cram a game in, a 60% forfieture happened in that last season for the first week, and it soured a lot of people, in fact the worst season for getting games done, I personally think it was Becuase of that, it certainly was all the talk for the first few weeks

the secound week could be 10 days and then back to 7 days for the rest of the scheduled teams, but this is just another idea to help get the season rolling from the begining, it might help, It might not , but its an Idea
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I propose a two week time limit for the first week of play after the start of the new season, it seems that after the season starts some were not aware it had started , and don't usually have two days to cram a game in, a 60% forfieture happened in that last season for the first week, and it soured a lot of people, in fact the worst season for getting games done, I personally think it was Becuase of that, it certainly was all the talk for the first few weeks

the secound week could be 10 days and then back to 7 days for the rest of the scheduled teams, but this is just another idea to help get the season rolling from the begining, it might help, It might not , but its an Idea

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Also in two of my leagues there were a couple of players , that for whatever reason got signed up, Never were going to or just didn't play any of the games in the season, can we have a confirmation from anyone thats suppose to be in a league that they'll play in it or can we get endusements ( like a forfieture), its not cool when the first 3 guys to play someone that disappears get the score the skills the money , and the guys down the line get Nothing!
just something that I have seen, felt and heard others that have been slighted by this little problem

It might also be a better reflection of the better players that do show up for more than the first 2-3 games
again, I don't know how to go about this exactly, I am sure that someone here thats Large and in charge would or could do something to make this better for all, its an Idea!
not in any way meant to get on anyones case or to say that anyones doing anything wrong or badly, something to be kicked around or trashed

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mwilli72 wrote:
Wow, how is it that in a Premiere division with 2 CD teams, a dwarf team and an orc team, one of my elves led the season in blocks? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves!

You must have 1 pretty kickass blitzer mike. You probably make him your 1 guaranteed block every single turn and protect him with some fodder. Basher teams have so many options on who to hit with that any player could miss out on several turns of blocking to be an assist for another player.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I could support a little more time for round 1 say 14 days instead of 7 and then returning to 7 days for all other rounds.
I could also support giving round 1 and 2 10 days each and returning to 7 days for each round thereafter.

If something needs to be changed around it is the N.W.L. NEW Division.

I suggest that it should START each season for any brand new teams (with zero games) in a scheduled KO Tournament just to get things rolling.
A few teams would come out a little beat up but they would be off and rolling.

I couldn't believe how few people would step up and play my Orcs considering there were several other teams to recover against should I do a little damage. Which I didn't do to anyone really. I had no MB... no DP... no will to do anything other than play a few games to gear up for Fringe... those of you that played me are awesome... thank you.

But how can we allow such blatant dodging of opponents to continue in a division that is set up to give anybody plenty of recovery time? Next time the Bashers getting Dodged could be your own.

You can bet that if you didn't play my Orcs my next squishy team will be dodging you in NEW... unless I'm pretty sure I can pwn you... so maybe you should be dodging me.
Mully

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

10 days always seems to be a happy medium that works. 7 days is not enough when real life gets busy and then coaches just start to give up and not schedule (like this season in premeire). it was basically a wasted season.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

After the fiasco we had this season I'd vote for going back to 10 day rounds again.
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just talking to two of the guys in the SWL,one of the guys said there first round is 14 days has been that way for sometime, to help get everyone back on board after a break in the season, 14 for the first round 10 for the secound and then back to 7for the rest , would be cool, but at least 10 for the first week has got to happen, that last season hit a brick wall hard!
we want people to keep coming back to play, not all pissed off, cuase there lifes are hectic, and they feel they have no chance of a number 1 slot from the first week does not make for fun or strength in a league