84 coaches online • Server time: 22:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

One less commissioner to deal with.... dont know if that is a good or a bad thing

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2004 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't dare earn the wrath of us Commish's DL! Wink

This post is to advertise that the <b>Dragons vs Lords of War</b> Premier League match is on this Sunday night 8:30pm Eastern!

Thats 10:30 for poor old BloodReaper... hehe....

We need every advantage we can get!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>LEAGUE UPDATE</b>

OK, here we are after 2 interrupted weekends due to fumbbl crashes.

In the Premier League, a draw was awarded to the <b>Blue Mountain Dragons</b> and the <b>Lords of War</b> who had twice scheduled a time only to be thwarted by the fumbbl server.

Similarly <b>Gumbeast United</b> and <b>Tenebrae</b> - both coaches active in emailing the hotmail acct.

In the Regions A and C, forfeits were again awarded to a disappointingly high number of games.

There will be a massive cleanout of the SWL next season. The Premier / Conference structure works, the Regional does not. We will be looking at each coach in the Regional section and will make changes. If you are a Regional coach and have a high number of forfeited games (wins and/or losses) I would encourage you to contact the swladmin@hotmail account and plead your case for inclusion.

Regional (if it exists) will be a structured league and not Swiss.

Clay
Snorri

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

We need some creative genius for divisional names - so post away!

Some not so genius thoughts:

Premier = "Thunderdome" ( aka Mad Max tribute - chunky can then explain what 'Beyond Thunderdome' is about with his vets )
Conferences = "The Wastes" ( .....deep in the badlands - can used adjectives for multiple groups. "Scorched/Burned" )
Regional = "The Badlands" ( Where teams go to get dead 'ard )
QPool = "The Swamp" ( from where the usual cesspool of wannabe's emerge from )

But then these are very sci-fi'ish and not warhammer'ish. Another idea is to track the game across the southern continent from west to east.

Qpool = "The Borderlands" (aka Western Australia...maybe "The Fringes")
Regionals = "The Wastes - Scorched Wastes, Burned Wastes, Scarred Wastes"
Conferences = "Van Daemon's Cup" and "The Far North Bowl"
Premier = something to do with NZ.

I dunno how heretical that is being an aussie and ending up a train of thought in NZ Smile

Cheers,
Snorri.
Mijjy

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

so commishes when will the actual season start?
and what about for names, we delegate the writings on the bottom of number plates to the divisions?
so qpool is the smart state (queensland oh what irony)
premier can be the premier state for nsw
regionals can be the garden state as victoria is regional?
thats pretty crap i know ah well
if in in division b how would that affect me? i entered the season halfway in coz of a dropout, and i took his/her place
cheers
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 7 will start at the end of this one which has 2 rounds to play, and then a Picnic...
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, as well as the picnic could we have an exhibition tourney put on by Veterans league during the picninc for players that either don't make the picnic cut or go out in the first round and have teams in the vets league? hows that for an idea?

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Vets league is nothing to do with SWL JK. It's simply supposed to be a place where former SWL teams can go and maintain there existence, while getting games with others of their kind. Of course, no one seems to want to play any games in there. I could make it and open round robin thing like qpool, bu to my way of thinking, it's not really necessary, and people should just play games in it as though it's Ranked division, against other SWLer's, with no coach ranking and cherrypicking malarkey going on.

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2004 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Seeing as how there are people who seem to struggle with the idea of getting there tourney games played within the timeframe, here's a handy guide:

1) The minute you find out who your opponent is, PM them with your available times to play, and ask for theirs.

2) Check your own PM's for similar messages from your opponent.

3) Once they PM you back, organise a time for the game. Preferably the earliest one possible, as shit does happen, and that will leave you with more time to arrange an alternate.

4) Should that time not work out for whatever reason, go for the next soonest that works, and try again. Repeat until game is played.

WAYS TO NOT PLAY YOUR GAME:

- Just hope to bump into your opponent on IRC at some stage

- Never actually entering the #swl channel

- Only PMing your opponent a couple of days before the deadline

- Not checking your PM's

Now if only the majority of the repeat offenders actually bothered to read this forum, they might actually find this useful.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>** League News **</b>

Things are not definate, but here goes the latest... PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

<b>Regional Division</b> will be scrapped.

Coaches deemed worthy enough will be promoted to <b>Conference Division</b>

A coach is deemed worthy enough if a) he has a good track record in the Regional structure or QPool and b) his team has a TR of <b>at least 150</b>

Yes that's right, there will be a minimum standard of Conference participation!

A good track record is a subjective matter to be determined by the admins... it will be basically those who don't forfeit!

The structure of Conference in Season 7 will depend on numbers that qualify.

Please note the TR minimum standard as this may influence your decision to retire your current team or promote your QPool one.

Given that QPool is the breeding ground for Conference play, the QPool cap will be raised for next season. TR 170 is currently being mooted.

This will allow coaches a 20TR swing space to prepare teams to promote from season to season.

It is anticipated that Premier will remain 8 teams no matter what with the current promotion / relegation still in force...

This is not gospel, but is getting close. I felt the need to raise this now because coaches will be soon deciding which teams to promote etc.

Any queries of legitamate nature can be directed to us via the hotmail acct...

Clay
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah my Qpool woodies can have more players next season
annachie

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Could I also request some sort of retired team pool, ranging from about TR150 ish to TR 225 ish. Basically, for those of us who want higher level pick-up games without bothering with Ranked. Given the nature of the beast it would probably be best for any team going into this pool to not come out (except by special arangement I suppose), although how this would affect the picnic type tournement I don't know.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

We already have a veteran's league setup annachie. It's just no-one actually plays games in it as of yet.

BTW, on that score, why not? Do you really have to have something structured setup?

The way I see it, it's more advantageous not to setup strubture in that group, as it allows much more flexibility in getting games in.

I suspect an open round robin would just peter out through lack of keen coaches, and neither do I think other structures would work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, a pool setup would show those teams interested, otherwise it can be hard to realise who has a team available for a veterans league.

Just an idea is all.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

But the teams are all in the group page regardless. So it should be easy to tell, just go to the group page, which you'd have to do if there was a pool anyways.