42 coaches online • Server time: 15:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
On1

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

solid outline +1
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

As a fellow colorblindy I am all about this. That outline thing is perfect, imo.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like the idea that, for new folks trying it out, we could say, "If you're colourblind, try the normal ruler, instead of the rangefinder, it will be easier", as opposed to, "Hey, if you're wondering at all the strange, contrasted colour choices on everything, it's for the colourblind to have a better time". Be helpful, but accept that the majority are not affected by this.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

+1 to this.

I realise that it's not possible to change a game especially for colourblind people. but small things could be done. And I prefear taking this up now then in 6months when you guys are done with the client.

But I am really gratefull for your work on this! I love the new client and seeing as lrb6 seems to stay for a long time I think this client will be loved for a long time.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I do like the idea that, for new folks trying it out, we could say, "If you're colourblind, try the normal ruler, instead of the rangefinder, it will be easier", as opposed to, "Hey, if you're wondering at all the strange, contrasted colour choices on everything, it's for the colourblind to have a better time". Be helpful, but accept that the majority are not affected by this.

this...

accessibility to everyone is a very noble goal, and one that's great to strive for...

with that being said, they need to be customizable options of some sort...build for the majority, but do not discriminate against the minority...the default should be a standard field that any person without color-blindness would be able to use without high-contrast color changes, and a simple "high contrast" toggle in the options would change the display to something that a person with color-blindness would be more capable of interacting with...

or even a simple "theme" or something for high contrast usage....

having options for color-blindness users is great..
forcing those options upon users who are not affected is bad...

--j

ImageImage
On1

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 +1
Ancre

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Damm the internet show up people as more aggressive than they really are and I did a gigantic rant just to say that more than changing the whole thing we could just have another ruler as an option somewhere. After all, the designers took the time to do things such as making a sound when a troll eats a goblin ; and everybody submits random ideas to improve the client, either new things to do or things they would like better in another way ; so I feel he is in his place asking for a something new for the client, even if he is asking for something functional rather than something aesthetic.

Well I did another rant after deleting my first one ... time to go to bed I guess.
 Jump to: