44 coaches online • Server time: 00:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Was it worthwhile to lock this thread? http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20464
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 36 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 44

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Evo’s constant spam for the sake of arguing (when he’s around) posts

It's really sad when moderators fail at basic reading comprehension. Anyone who comes to that conclusion is completely out of touch with reality. If that weren't the case, I'd find it terribly offensive.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously?

Legowarrior's post was against the rules about public naming, he was just doing it wrong without caring about a quick look at the rules. Locking was fair and nothing personal, so all this emo thing about leaving the forum for a legit locking seems pointless to me, close to trolling Very Happy
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow was very gracious in the way he locked that thread. He pointed out you may have had a point, but you went about expressing it in the wrong way.

If you had made a similar thread without naming anyone in particular, it may have been an interesting and useful discussion.

Oscar Wilde
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Where does one draw the line when it comes to naming and shaming? Is the quote at the top of this page not public naming and shaming by a mod? If not, why not? Why is one allowed and the other not?

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo, Purp was using you as a counter arguement to the OP (and you know it). Quit stirring.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Evo, Purp was using you as a counter arguement to the OP (and you know it). Quit stirring.

Quit biting, n00b. Wink
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

And if you want to go back to your idea in the original thread:

The problem is that some coaches have been on these forums way too long. They don't share the excitement and passion of newer members to discuss things about FUMBBL and Blood Bowl anymore, but feel it is their right to find fun in the forums anyway by trolling and de-railing threads. I agree such behaviour could be better moderated by deleting offending posts and perhaps giving warnings / temporary bans to repeat offenders rather than locking threads that get deliberately de-railed. However moderators do have better things to do with their lives than solve every problem that appears on the forum, so I don't expect this to change, and fair enough too.

Oscar Wilde
KenThis

i want to play i want to play.
harvestmouse stinks of cheese.
and no-one loves him.
and he squeaks like a girl.
Chewie

Purplegoo wrote:
Chewie wrote:

Quit biting, n00b. Wink

Razz
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
Where does one draw the line when it comes to naming and shaming? Is the quote at the top of this page not public naming and shaming by a mod? If not, why not? Why is one allowed and the other not?

Ideally the name would have been moderated out of the original thread too.

Oscar Wilde
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:

Still doesn't make it any less of a public naming and shaming, doesn't it? Or am I missing something? Or are you trying to say it's okay to name and shame so long as you are using it in a counter argument? That would be a pretty bizarre rule don't you think?

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Since when do anarchists care about rules?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Randy_Moss wrote:
Since when do anarchists care about rules?

Maybe he hasn't fully Evolved yet
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care about rules. I certainly don't care if they are enforced fairly or consistently. I certainly don't think I could make helpful suggestions that would benefit the whole community. I just like to spam! Isn't that obvious from the lack of coherent arguments that I post. All my questions are irrelevant spam! Certainly not worthy of being pondered over or answered. After all, anyone who actually knows anarchists or what anarchism is all about, knows that you can just easily dismiss anything I post as useless spam.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2011 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the only reason the admins still have not locked this topic too is to give some feedback to Lego, allowing him to understand there's nothing against him if he manages problems in the right way, because yes, i find this topic heavily lockable too Wink
 Jump to: