17 coaches online • Server time: 03:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the limits of viable anti-ClawPOMB tactics?

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

*starts stopwatch*

how long before this is locked too?

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It shouldn't be. I got Christer's personal approval to start this topic.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

i thought my fouling changes post recently was a good solution. of corse as this will disapear in a minute i can say what i like.... SHADOW IS FAT, I ALWAYS HATED FOULING REALLY, I HAVE 7 ACCOUNTS AND CAPSLOCK = AWSOMENESS mwhahaah no-one will ever see this

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
It shouldn't be. I got Christer's personal approval to start this topic.

arrrgh you could have said that before!!! bad canadian bad

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Way to go pauly - you've just guarenteed this thread will survive.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we get back on topic, because it's vital to know what the limits are because it's possible if you break them your team will be retired. And nobody would want that.

And I'm curious if the rest of the site is of one mind like some of the admin are as to what the limits should be.

And I'm sure lots of people would also appreciate discovering some new anti-ClawPOMB tactics.

Lots of fruitful topics to disucss.

And discussion is good for the community.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's Pythrr when you need him?
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! Way to suck up to the big C... Wink

but seriously, I think that eventually people will get bored of getting cpomb'd and come up with more and more interesting tactics to avoid it. The thing I hate most is the "can't beat em join em" argument...

Don't join em! ..."frankenstein" em. There is no limit.

TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The solution is always moar clawbomb.

~Robert Wilensky

http://thespoonybard.mybrute.com/
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it's almost impossible to quantify, each situation is so unique and individual to each coach, team, opponent, score line, division, match relevance, etc.

IMO as long as a coach isn't match fixing, the way they choose to play should be down to them.

Acceptable IMO:

Leaping DP trolls - They are fun and do not guarantee an opponent a win, easy game, SPP farming or anything else. Although they arguably do increase the chance of all 3 of those things.

Playing dead to avoid cas (either to survive for the next drive or match) - Seems to be genuinely the best tactic in certain circumstances (even if it is dull, no different to stalling IMO - often boring, but often the best option).

All snotling teams - It's been proven that they can win games so why not. I don't think anyone is under the impression that all teams are equal.

Playing primarily to main your opposition - (I assume studman want mind me referring to him). Studman clearly IMO did not always make 100% effort to win a game, in instead was more interested in hurting his opposition players. I don't have a problem with this, he still won some games by his chosen tactic.

Not acceptable IMO:

Pre-match agreements / SPP farming - For me this is where the distinction clearly lies. Entering a match (mainly in Ranked) with no intention of winning, putting up any resistance or something similar. In ranked you can choose your opponent so prior to accepting a match you should feel that it is possible to win the game and have the intention of doing it (in which even manor you choose).

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Arranged games (ie. playing to lose) will not be tolerated. The same applies for coaches allowing each other to score extra touchdowns and all other SPP generating events.

Is this the rule that certain anti-CPOMB tactics are considered to break? Or is there something else somewhere that I have missed?

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Judging from the Frankenstein vs Azure match it seems like a possible winning tactic to hug the corner when kicking in 1st half. Or if we assume kicking will bring you in an initial losing position hugging the corner might be a good way to increase the chance to draw substantially.

Especially with a deep bench you can keep your best players benched and completely safe until they go on pitch to win your drive.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2011 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul EVERY TURN and be as rude to your opponent in chat as the rules of the site allows.