29 coaches online • Server time: 02:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2011 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

So long as we're clear. BYE WEEKS still suck.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2011 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So, what are the tiebreakers? Once icesmooth and I get the points from the week 9 concessions, we are going to have a three-way tie for 2nd in Brass Balls...
SavageJ

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2011 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, when should we make roster adjustments? That TV 1550 human team mentioned previously has an AV-busted ogre who may get sent to the sideshow permanently. That would affect the median TV calculation for the division.
cyric612

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Stone Boot Season ending stats
North American Poets, Best Record at 7-1-0
North American Poets. Most casualties caused at 24 and best Casualty Difference at +16
Black Plague, Most Td's scored at 16
North American Poets and Black plague best TD difference at +6
Spook show and Black Plague most Casualties taken at 23
Spook Show Highest casualties against difference at -20
Some player stats
Emily Dickinson Most Casualties Caused at 7
Robert Frost Most Td's scored at 7
Both from North American Poets
Cyan Bloodbane from Black Plague and Thing T. Thing from Spook Show both had 5 completions
Longines from Modern Family was the Crowd favorite with 3 mvp's
Gloria Delgado-Prichett from Modern Family had the Lone Interception in the Stone Boot division
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

is the premier division made up of top 2 teams from each division or 8 best records overall?
I assumed top 2
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Premier will be made up of top 2 from each unless a team in that number retires or cant play for some reason, and then we go to the #3 of that Division or the best #3 team in the league.

Tie breakers will go to head to head, and then probably TD differential or something. In the case given it doesnt matter as icesmooth plans on redrafting I believe.

There can be I believe a bit of gamesmanship with regards to TV and the median for the Division as it effects preseason match allowances, however you can be burned by that just as easily, so if the human team in question thinks it's best plan forward is the replace the Ogre and get games in then they probably should get their TV down no?

are you thinking you hold onto the ogre for the TV calculation to make the median higher then dump him to qualify for the preseason? The calculation and qualification will likely happen in one go. TV is XXXX, these teams qualify, please notify so and so by friday if you desire to play a preseason match, so and so does a random draw, one round tourney on Friday, everyone has 3 days to play the match. something like that.

The game should be played between 2 teams that fall below the median, so if you are sitting on bank and think to purchase the ogre prematch, that wont work I dont think.

Is there a problem with that?

ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i think they were referring to you could get the preseason game under TV and after the 1st game of the season (which you qualified for TV wise) you could buy that expensive positional or two and have a larger TV advantage, (depending on whether or not how you feel about inducements)
Deviant_Strategist

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Then solve the problem and work from TW and not TV for the median calculation.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

just some other ideas, if you are still looking: (i think the pictures are easier to explain rather than typing it all out.)

there would be very little movement for veteran teams with only 1 per division moving each season

or a bit more team movement for all divisions
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ryan I don't see any images. is it just me?

Okay, there is some confusion about the TV median. The median does not qualify you for the season, it qualifies you for the preseason. cutting TV to get to play a preseason game is legit if you think it will help. Yes you can keep your median low and thus lower the average median for the division and effect the preseason in that way, and then once the regular season is ready to start you may purchase rookies, that's okay. They are still rookies.

We'll have to see if the system can be exploited, I dont think it will be very dramatic. Im sure someone will see it differently. ha ha Who's it gonna be?

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

oops I see the pics now

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2011 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ryan I like it, that's basically what I was thinking, for season 21 we're taking the top 2 in each division with #3's targeted to replace any teams not continuing...the for season 22, with a Premier of 8, it depends how many teams we have in Vet. I like how the max 4 Vet Divisions, so 30 teams would be 3 10-team Vet Divisions, and 32 Vet teams would be 4 Divisions of 8 teams. I also like the play-in, again how that works will depend on how many teams. We also could do top 3 premier teams have immunity but everyone else could be relegated, at least by play-in.

Ryan are you returning? I think you were one we hadn't heard back from. ha ha

screech

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

So can i keep my team the way it is (postmatch sequence), qualify for a preseason match, have the matchup set, hire a new wolf before game, play game, profit?

Maybe have all team ready for play before calculating median tv's? Otherwise team's will not qualify for preseason or median calculations?

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

so are we ready to go for next season? what is the TV cutoff for pre-season games?
the St Louis Brews are at 1200TV and would love to get some pre season action going if possible.
Thanks!

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

screech, if your new wolf puts you over the median then you are disqualified from playing the preseason match in your example. If your wolf doesn't put you over then you could have bought it before and you still would qualify, right? Or am I missing something? Screech we can do what you said, we will calculate Median after all teams are set "Ready to play".

Jump to: