46 coaches online • Server time: 14:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as I said before, the Brews are "Ready to play".

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha, okay Pro, order another round and we'll be right with you.

RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Da_Todfatha wrote:
Tie breakers will go to head to head, and then probably TD differential or something. In the case given it doesnt matter as icesmooth plans on redrafting I believe.

Still does matter, actually - icesmooth and I were both tied with th0r in a three-way for second place in the division. With icesmooth out of the way, though, th0r beats me on every possible tiebreaker. Smile

I like Ryan's 2nd idea, but I also do like the thought of play-in games. Maybe at least the 6th place of Premier and the 3rd place of Championship should play to see who gets the higher slot? Likewise 2nd place of the two Veterans and 5th/6th of Championship. That would also leave the possibility of more than one team staying in Championship from one season to the next - that seems like a massive amount of turnover, even for the transitionary division.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Th0r is likely out for next season he is away on some sort of military coursework, and is AFK for the near future. Sorry I didnt look into the specific situation but we had discussed Icesmooth earlier today so I was just going off memory.

The amount of turnover is always a very sensitive subject. too much and you water down the Premier Division, too little and people feel like its too hard to break into the good old boys club. I think 50% is about right but I can go a little more or a little less. I like the idea of a play in game for one spot, just as an interesting cinderella story for someone. heheh <-- That's NWL Legend Gold! But I dont want to bog down the postseason with too much play in, KO stuff. Its just not good if most coaches are sitting around while we wait for a couple to play games.

ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The 2nd idea was to have the championship be a tester for a team (no flash in the pans teams promoted to premier), to make it to the premier, you either have it (get promoted again) or you don't (back to the vets for you)

if you want play in games, so long as there are less than 4 veteran divisions you could have the #2 teams duke it out for that 4th spot with the 5th team in the championship, this would also make it possible for 2 teams to stay in the championship
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

this was a busted Top Stars table. heheh

prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2011 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

so whats that TV median again?

Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2011 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The TV average of everyone in a particular Group will be used to determine who can play preseason games and who cant. The games will still be optional, you opt in and we randomly assign the match.

NOTE: Once you opt in it's no longer optional, you cant see who you are up against and decide not to play, your season ticket holders would never allow that!

th0r

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2011 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm back, and ready to go for season two. I expect an immediate drop in active teams now.
Azure

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2011 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Ryan's second idea:

8 team premier
8 team championship
multiple 8 team vet divisions

Keep everything at same number of teams per division. And I like 3 levels instead of two - make winning and staying at the top much tougher.
 Jump to: