30 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to buy?
Catcher
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Blitzer
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Reroll
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Lineman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Crook666

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys, beg your pardon if this will end up being a stupid post. Fact is, i have started this new Slann team:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=722488

I started with 3 catchers and no apo, and in the first match one catcher was killed. Then I bought the apo. Other linos get injured, i didn't replace them , the team progression has been a bit slow due to journeymen regularly stealing SPPs and poor money prizes. Now I got some money and i ask you: what should i buy? I am not a Slann expert, but they are fun and seem to have great development opportunities. Should I buy a third catcher? They are fast and got great agility, they leap easily over opponent's heads, but they're only ST2. Or should I buy a second blitzer? Diving tackle is a good skill, very useful, and they are fast too, but expensive, and maybe could bring my team to a too high TV. I could also buy another reroll (I have 3 of them now.) Or a lineman, but that seems useless to me. So if you have some free time, tell me what you think about it. You also can just vote, I'm adding a poll here.

Thanks and have a good day.

Last edited by Crook666 on %b %23, %2013 - %21:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

hookers n blow

just saying

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a lot of folks better at Slann than I am think you should develop some catchers/linemen before investing heavily in blitzers.

You could probably add a 4th rr though. That might be the way to go.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

You are wise in the ways of professional sports, pythrr.

3 RR should be enough for a starting team (in the sense that anything less than 7-8 is enough for any team, ahem). Altho' 4 eventually, esp. if you Leap a lot.

There's another thread that recently has been debating the "blitzer or catcher" starting roster/early build approach here - just skip over the first WoT response.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2013 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, just speaking from experience (my one solitary year as a backup on a semi-pro soccer team, many years ago). But still, hookers n blow were the order of the day.

Jump to: