34 coaches online • Server time: 14:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

That game, just watched it, the ghoul did not seem to change much, watching the second one now
Malmir

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't play much/any necro, but when I've faced them, they have all had ghouls and if they hadn't, I would have been delighted.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
CharlatanXIV wrote:
so you use ghouls as ball carrier?

I prefer to when I can. MA 7 blodge surehands is good enough and with a deep bench you don't have to trot him out on defense if you don't want to.

The way i'm playing right now, i basically blitz every single turn with my clawpomb wolf, if i have a ball carrying ghoul my other wolf will seem useless. I might be to much in a rince and repaet style kinda of play tho, hahaha.

The other wolf can be a threat enough if you even get him to blodge side step because of the surf.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Very much so, yes. Yummy pace and AG, what's not to love?
CharlatanXIV

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3585952
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3605027
Here are the replays of the two majors Necro have won.
Both had Ghouls.

Thx, those were great games. But my feeling of ghouls being so so is even stronger after watching those. Even the blodge 4 agi seem to change pretty much nothing during those games. My overall feeling would be that an lvl 2 sure hand ghoul is as threatening than a superstar one(due to no TV bloat). Could be the "7 move-dodge" zombie kinda deal that is appealing... ... somehow necro never need cash so why not, an over agile and fast zombie. That i can agree is very nice
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the Ghouls were instrumental in both those games.
Deffo a case of why not, 30TV for a useable player is nothing.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for the replays. i agree 30k for 7 move and 3 agi is quite free, even tho the 7 armor and no resurection.

i did buy 1 anyways, let see how it goes. Probly i'll go the wrackle way
bghandras

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I strongly recommend against frenzied ball carriers. The opportunities are endless to exploit. You will be screwed against a good coach.
I really like the ghouls. Actually more than the wights. I could see a team without flesh golem and without wights. But I would not drop the ghouls. They are great. They are a complete package at 6 spp with blodge or wrodge.

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

CharlatanXIV wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3585952
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3605027
Here are the replays of the two majors Necro have won.
Both had Ghouls.

Thx, those were great games. But my feeling of ghouls being so so is even stronger after watching those. Even the blodge 4 agi seem to change pretty much nothing during those games. My overall feeling would be that an lvl 2 sure hand ghoul is as threatening than a superstar one(due to no TV bloat). Could be the "7 move-dodge" zombie kinda deal that is appealing... ... somehow necro never need cash so why not, an over agile and fast zombie. That i can agree is very nice

I would not take two games in a niche environment and use them as evidence for Ghouls: yey or nay. Most Blood Bowl is not played at that TV, under a KO format, at the sorts of TV differentials you often see there, etc.

Ghouls really help accentuate Necro in the areas they are good in. That little bit of extra movement is a huge boon. I'd rather go without Fleshies, and I'd not go without them.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro, unlike Undead, can be played well without Ghouls.
delusional

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2015 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I think without Ghoul's the Necro's would suffer from the Chaos Dwarf predicament (I.E. how do you beat CD. You occupy both Bull Centaurs).

If you are planning to dominate physically though, having the extra muscle would be valuable. But it shouldn't be hard to get a wrodge or Blodge ghoul, are they really that bad compared to say a ghoul with block!
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2015 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't use ghouls because the armor 7 bites me every time. At least the wolves can hit back. If I start rolling doubles on the wights I'll make one a dumpoff / nerves to the wolves so they can run away with it.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2015 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I always liked to play a Guard spam necro team. All doubles on zombies guard, guard second on FGs, guard first on Wights etc.. With that I'm safely blocking with both Werewolves. That makes a single ghoul the main ball handler.
Kenty

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2015 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played a couple of games with necros and think ghouls are absolute rubbish.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2015 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's a tricky one.

Not many Necro games for me but I use a WW to carry. I just don't trust AG3/AV7 no regen, no apo. But knowing my luck, if I had one already it would be bulletproof!!! Twisted Evil

Jump to: