24 coaches online • Server time: 12:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

One hour later

A GLT official showed up in the locker room and looked around. There are dead rats all over the place, severed heads, torn off arms and carnage everywhere.

The official looks at his roll call sheet.

"Are you guys the Rabid Ruffians?"

A wight approaches him, a chill overcomes the official.

Then the wight breaks out in a big smile.

"Yep, we are the ruffians. Now let me see that clip board."

The official meekly hands over the clip board. The wight inspects the sheet.

"There seems to be two mistakes on the roll call, good, sir. You misspelled 4th Annual Necro by putting down Rabid Ruffians and the race box was mis checked with skaven instead of Necromancer. Other wise every thing looks good. You want some rat tail? It is still raw but I can whip up some cooked tail for you."

The official looks around. Looks back down at his clipboard, the team name and race box have been crossed out and replaced, and signs off the sheet. Then turns, walks out of the locker room, takes a hard left and RUNS FOR HIS LIFE.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2015 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there 'GLT pitches'? I remember there being a Fumbbl Cup pitch and there was some talk of pitches for the other tournaments. Or am I imagining this?
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Milford was misinformed there, the Ruffians are in their dressing room right now with a new collection of skulls. Easy mistake to make though - there are plenty of dead rats on the streets of Altdorf. 50,000 furious Ruffians fans went on a bloody rampage of rape, murder and pillage. The Imperial Army was called out. Rumour has it that Griff Oberwald's prize poodle Cynthia will never be quite the same again.

DrDeath and the lads had been checking the main square where all the GLT announcements had previously been made for four days. When news reached his ears that the draw had just been made without them, he was so furious he immediately went down to FUFA (Federation of Underhand FUMBBL Admins) Headquarters with scout Douglas Ratams and Captain Skrit Razorclaw to get some answers.

Chief Goblin Bepp Splatter nervously pointed out that Pink Form 4286693572B had been waiting all along in their public information archive. This turned out to be a small underground room full of cobwebbed files, down a flight of steps with a broken lantern, with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'. Apparently the 8 Goblins involved were completely unable to send a message to the Ruffians because Little Ernie - the only one of them capable of writing - had been eaten by a leopard. Bepp gulped nervously and then added they were unable to correct the draw, because all the ball-thingies for the goldfish bowl had been eaten by the reticulated python in the spare room.

DrDeath politely listened to all these wonderful explanations, gave a great sigh, and then nodded his head with great magnanimity. It was at exactly this point that Skrit Razorclaw launched himself across the room with a bloodcurdling howl and decapitated Bepp Splatter on the spot. The other goblins cowered in the corner, where Skrit proceeded to beat each one to death in turn with the severed head. I'm afraid there's nothing you can really do with him when he's in that kind of mood.

So there you have it. FUFA have lost Bepp Splatter and 7 other goblins, the Grotty Little Tournament is very Grotty indeed, and the moral of the story is you should never trust a goblin to do anything.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2015 - 21:06
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

YEs. If you want something done right, do it yourself. like apply to the finals group.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2015 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Jewels to face Keroro's Squad tonight, 22.00 bbtime

Dark Elves vs. Slann, not the typical pair for a Major final 16, and you'd normally expect the Frogs to be the underdogs. But Keroro's Squad are bringing some serious stat freaks to the pitch, and on the side line they have anisdrin, a former Major winning coach. Slann fans have held high hopes for the XFL winner of 2513, although the loss of their POMBer in the Qualifier final has been something of a damper.

Black Jewels, on the other hand, are just a plain, ordinary Dark Elf team, and coach Verminardo is a newcomer to the final 16. Both teams are competing for the questionable honour of - most likely - facing Watchmen Philosophy in the quarter final. "We are happy with the draw", commented Verminardo. "Keroro's is a great team and it's promising to be a fast paced, entertaining match. And as for the Watchmen, well, we've beaten heavyweight Chaos and Nurgle in this tourney before, with a little help from Nuffle. You never know."

Kick-off is tonight, 22.00 bbtime. Maybe the only chance in this GLT main event to see two "ball gamers" face off. Don't miss it!
Strider84

Post 18 Posted: Jun 15, 2015 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Maybe the only chance in this GLT main event to see two "ball gamers" face off. Don't miss it!

We played 4:2 yesterday in 16 turns... If that isnt a ball game what is? Wink

Good luck and may the better team kick out the watchmen Smile
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2015 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Blasensky. Let's complement Blasensky's MATCH PREVIEW with some stats provided by TOP25 RANKINGS

Keroro's Squad -Slann- (anisdrin)

GLT XI: Forlorn Races Qualifiers 1

How to read the stats:
i.e.3-0...155/172...53/50...1/2...58/31...0/2
Final Score...Turns played/rival...Blocks/rival...Cas/rival...Total yards/rival...Fouls/rival
* Conceded

1st Round Keroro's Squad (2170tv)...Golden State Warrior's (Slann-1630tv) Valen
3-0...155/172...53/50...1/2...58/31...0/2
2nd Round Keroro's Squad (2100tv)...Avengers of SHIELD (Chaos Pact-1690tv) duplesgallegos
1-0*...62/44...18/17...4/1...12/0...0/1
3rd Round Keroro's Squad (2340tv)...Still Vicious (Undead-1970tv) S4T
2-1...114/160...24/51...1/1...40/34...0/7
4th Round Keroro's Squad (2260tv)...Vampiros del Valle (Vampire-2150tv) Morao133
1-0...136/141...36/38...0/3...19/33...0/5

HONORS

TEAM:
XFL VIII Slann (W)
FUMBBL SMACK Legend CCLIX (W)
GLT XI: Forlorn Races Qualifiers 1 (W)
TOP25 (R) SLANN team of 2513

COACH:
WoC winner with Chaos Dwarf (7-0)
WO Top 4 with High Elf (6-1)
XFL Orc winner twice (5-0)
XFL High Elf winner (5-0)
XFL Vampire winner (4-0)
XFL Slann winner (4-0)
XFL Wood Elf winner (3-0)
RRR winner (4-0)
BRAWL Birthday winner (4-0)
4 x Brawls winner (3-0)
5 x Smacks winner (3-0)
FUMBBL CUP 6th round with Skaven (5-1)
BLACK CUP 6th round with Chaos Dwarf (5-1)

Coached TOP25 (R) High Elf team of years 2512 and 2514
Coached TOP25 (R) Slann team of year 2513
Coached TOP25 (R) Vampire team of year 2512
Coached TOP25 (B) Orc team of year 2512
Coached TOP25 (B) Chaos Dwarf team of year 2511

Hit a TOP25 COACH Position 4 years in a row, 2511/12/13/14
Best position 4th
Heavyweight TOP25 ALL TIME COACH with 1318,00 (6th)

Black Jewels -Dark Elf- (Verminardo)

GLT XI: High TV Qualifiers 1

1st Round Black Jewels (1880tv)...This Is My Journey (Wood Elf-1780tv) easilyamused
2-1...161/150...38/36...2/2...29/24...1/0
2nd Round Black Jewels (1880tv)...Hard and Ugly (Nurgle-2130tv) stboub
3-0...140/168...23/57...0/2...30/20...1/0
3rd Round Black Jewels (1900tv)...Chaos Waste Crushers (Chaos-2310tv) Sigmar1
1-0...149/151...37/41...1/2...18/12...1/1

HONORS

TEAM:
FUMBBL SMACK Sched VET CLXI (W)
GLT XI: High TV Qualifiers 1 (W)

COACH:
Best position in the TOP25 Rankings 93th with 129 pts in 2514.
Scored points in 2513 and 2512 too.

Last edited by sonrises on %b %15, %2015 - %17:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2015 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Quote:
Maybe the only chance in this GLT main event to see two "ball gamers" face off. Don't miss it!

We played 4:2 yesterday in 16 turns... If that isnt a ball game what is? Wink

Good luck and may the better team kick out the watchmen Smile

Ha! Not on your life. We want the Corsairs!

(Though in reality Nuffle will probably have us lose to undead)
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2015 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha thanks sonrises, gotta work on those coach honours... Wink
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2015 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting early!
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Not my finest match. I already knew it was gonna be rough, but I had no focus today.
The game started with a twist. 2 rocks were thrown, knocking out the chainsaw and injurying a wolf. Sadly that was the highlight of the game. None of my bombs hit. My trolls didn't brainfart this game, but they got stuck to zombies/flesh golems and couldn't hurt a fly.

Maybe next year goblins will win, but not today.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2015 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords Back Page Editorial **

Once again FUMBBL fans Nurgle defeats Chaos in a critical main draw event. The Nurgle Scumm are outnumbered 3-1 in the CPOMB and on the opening kick off it is looking grim for the Nurgle, rotting scum, the betting public is going all in on the Execution squad.

Never again doubt me!!!! NURGLE VS CHAOS IS A 80+% chance match for a NURGLE victory!!!! In ranked play it is one of the top "picks" if you play a Nurgle team.

Execution is sent to the slag heap of losers in the GLT. Oh, sure, they will say, "Well, come on man, we at least made the main draw, unlike all you other chumps."

There is much truth in that statement, but, us chumps love seeing a CPOMB to the hilt team sent packing. You cannot deny that, can you? Gives us hope that there is more to this game than hitting yes on every do you wish to PileOn pop up.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

BLASENSKY'S BLOG FROM THE GLT

Cheers Blood Bowl fans, here is a special edition of Blasensky's Blog from the GLT. The round of 16 is almost done and we've already seen some close and exciting matches and some surprises, too. Human heroes Red Corsair beat the Vampires of Mesmerizing Looks 4-2 in the highest scoring game so far. Red Corsair are dreaming the dream of unforlorning Humanity but first, they have to get past the Teachers of the True Teaching, still ever the hyperbread Dark Elf team, who are down to a squad of 11 after defeating the Rabid Ruffians. Er, Necros. 4th Annual Necros.

Apart from that, it hasn't been a good round for the Forlorn races. Hop on Pop played a good game against the Brutal Cherrypickers but Nuffle denied them. The Dwarves proceed to face Run With The Pack, another Necro team that beat up some Goblins on the way to the quarter final. No miracle for We gOtZ XplosiVeS! but they put up a good fight in the first half!

The other Slann team, Keroro's Squad, had a black day against the Black Jewels. I've been watching that match in a tavern full of Slann fans. First half didn't go so well with all those K.O.s but the unstoppable Kuuzokuoh Dororo managed the equalizer. "Still looking good", a very fat and very drunk frog said to me while generously showering me in spittle. "Get some of those K.O.s back, and…" His eyes bulged when he saw that none of the K.O.s were back and the Frogs were down 7 to 11. "Never mind", he finally squeaked. "As soon as Kuuzokuoh has the ball, what are they gonna do to stop him?" It was at the time the Dark Elves got a perfectly timed Blitz! to a perfectly placed kick, rushing a whole formation in to secure the ball, that the wailing started all over the place... Black Jewels will be playing the winner of Watchmen Philosophy vs. Ugly and Dumb, and no one really believes that the Undead can pull off a miracle in that one.

In the lower bracket, Chaos fans are now cheering for ENI, who defeated the third and final Necro team in the draw, Manzazuu. ENI will be looking to avenge Excellence of Execution!, who lost in a close and exciting match against Warpstone Open champions Uusiverikulho. These Nurgle are in very good shape and will be tough to beat, especially as ENI's only CPOMBer is missing the game with a broken jaw!

Some interesting matches still ahead before the Watchmen and Uusiverikulho face each other in the final. Or maybe they won't after all. Nuffle only knows.
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

No one really believes that the Undead can pull off a miracle in that one. Very Happy
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2015 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Nomad took full advantage off some terrible dice and the Watchmen are out of this one. Great job by the undead in the match. We'll be back next time around.
 Jump to: