53 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 27, 2024 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Like, to me, the whole point of 28x15 is that you can keep multiple RR per turn without the OTS issue. It adds so much depth to starting roster design.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2024 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Rawlf that the new rule of passing in BB2020 is not very popular and today elf team are very penalized... reducing the impact of widely inaccurate pass is something i am in favour even if i do not want to give to AG2+ team make passing like a simple rush gainign 1spp for every completion , so to return in a world where elf team were mining SPPs by making 10 passage per game (not with so low risk).

Rawlf wrote:

- Bring risk to the running game. Every movement with ball in hand counts as a rush, ie you roll for it and you can only go for one less extra tile. Apply -1 to all dodges with ball in hand

mmm very strong change .... You're basically decreeing the death of half of the mid-low unagile blood bowl teams.

-
Rawlf wrote:

- Delete Snotlings.

why?

Rawlf wrote:

- Award 2 MVPs, one chosen, one random.

I agree at the mandatory condition that this work ONLY if redraft is implemented. Otherwise we incentivate the fast SPPs farming and we enter again in the stat freak vortex faster then today ..

In general I think there is no need for a major overhaul of BB2020 rules. just a few updates ...

Post   Posted: May 27, 2024 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Another point: multi-reroll should stay as it is in BB2020 rules.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2024 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:
Another point: multi-reroll should stay as it is in BB2020 rules.

Naaa its awful. Makes ott too easy, makes ttm too easy.... and I'm a fling coach ! And I think it suuucks. Also punishes high rr cost teams that already suck like nurgle for example

Post   Posted: May 27, 2024 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I play Elves a lot (relying on 1d actions and 1TTD, thus benefitting from multi rr) and I think it sucks too.
moph

Post   Posted: May 27, 2024 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think rerolls should be the main inducement.

One idea not yet fully thought through:
All rerolls should be represented by models. Yes, this will make the game more expensive, the basic box could include cardboard standees . We would get more cool minis.
Cheerleaders should become the rostered rerolls.
Assistant Coaches should be the rerolls that are bought as inducements. (or vice versa)

One rostered reroll can be used per turn as well as one inducement reroll if available.

Inducement rerolls could also be bought by the stronger team from the treasury. The weaker team would also receive one as compensation.
Would that make the teams with inducements too strong?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
RDaneel

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Multireroll make sense in BB2020 with redraft implemented, where usually should be little bit more difficult to farm skills and have legend players in 25-35 games and keep him for maybe 200 games (and if APO will be revided reworked even more )
in BB2020 several improvements has been implemented to make 1TTD (for Tiers 1/2 and elf team) more complicated (limiting speed MA9, nerfing Elf pass), random MVPs...: i don't think today 1TTD is easier than in BB2016, but if someone have a statistics please to provide.

I would be curious to ask to NAF tabletop players if in tournaments they attend many coaches complain of the multireroll of BB2020. If someone is here would be nice to have his valuable feedback,

For me multireroll in BB2020 does not suck- provided is associated with a serious redraft based on my little experience of coach playing also leagues where redraft is implemented: I attend one TV mid-high level where we have redraft and AFAIK nobody complain on the multireroll, on the contrary the variability of the game is very nice , we don't have many stat freaks (i was obliged to fire my legend trower Blodge Cannoneer Accurate AG 2+ after 4 seasons) and you really get a taste of being able to play this high TV where you have to demonstrate the ability to know how to use a team in holistic way (and not just to rely on a couple of stat-freak monsters).
Lack of redraft with BB2020 ruleset risk generates the aberrations we see on teams with TVs greater than 1500 (vampires doing tightrope walkers, orcs turning into Elves, Gutters pumped with steroids, etc.).

And let's be clear I'm okay with lack of redraft in FUMBBL competitive divisions because I know it's complicated to implement and I can't blame Christer or Candlejack or the others who already do miracles to run maintenance of site during their free hours and I gladly give my periodical donation to this site because it deserves it all! Again THANK YOU CHRISTER.

So lack of redraft can be faced very easily: just play 15 games with a team in the box, and after 15 games put in gamefinder or in some tournaments till a certain limit.... and you can be sure to play games more or less balanced ... and I am pretty sure 90% of FUMBBL coach are happy with this and don't need more .

so again: i hope BB2024 will be an "improved" BB2020 version nothing dramatically changed (maybe some Nuffle prayer removed, some fine tuning of kick off table but anyway.... nothing dramatic IMO)

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

After 15 games the TV is too high, better to play just one game, then make a new team over and over again. More balance and rinse & repeat fun!
Even better, create a team, don't even bother playing it, retire it, make a new one. Even more balance, no race will ever lose, balance amongst all tiers assured!
koadah

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
After 15 games the TV is too high, better to play just one game, then make a new team over and over again. More balance and rinse & repeat fun!
Even better, create a team, don't even bother playing it, retire it, make a new one. Even more balance, no race will ever lose, balance amongst all tiers assured!

Be careful.

If you wake up Spence he'll say that Black Box should be res. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

RDaneel wrote:

For me multireroll in BB2020 does not suck- provided is associated with a serious redraft...

multi rr and redraft have nothing to do with eachother, the problems with multi rr is it makes OTT and TTM too easy.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

2D6 stat checks, with a failure threshold for turnovers.

Current stat values map like so...

2+ -> 5+
3+ -> 6+
4+ -> 7+
5+ -> 8+
6+ -> 9+

A turnover is only caused if you fail by 3 or more, or roll snake eyes. Otherwise the player just wastes time fumbling around (their action ends, and in the case of a dodge attempt they stay in their starting square)

Skills that used to grant a free reroll on certain actions now grant a +1 to the check.

Tackle no longer negates the dodge skill, but applies a -1 to all dodge rolls. It also allows the user to ignore the pushback effect of a stumble when making a block roll.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Overdog can't buy Inducements. Underdog can buy Inducements by spending max the TV difference. Treasury capped at 200k without Expensive Mistakes.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

ugh. no, we need to give high AV teams somethign to spend gold on.

inducements need to be about 80% as good as 'actual' tv. prayers need to be about 90% as good as inducements. (in other words, completely revamp prayers, and relook at most inducements, particularly stars and wizard)

once resorted, allow overdog to buy inducements with treasury, allow underdog to add to inducements with treasury, then give underdog prayers (that actually DO something) after both teams have finished treasury spending
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

High TV teams already have the advantage of not needing to replace players as often as lower AV teams, why they should have an economic advantage by overdogging Inducements?
By the way, I'd like a 200k Wizard.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: May 28, 2024 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i THINK wizards should be about 180k, but i agree that 200k is better than 150k.

and any team that ends up losing money because they can too easily hit 500k treasury, needs to be given a valid option to spend their money. otherwise, treasury is really just 'oh look, at 8+ teams don't have to play with loners all the time', in which case, don't call it treasury, because it's not FOR all the different teams.
 Jump to: