33 coaches online • Server time: 14:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awards
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The man is pure genious
All elf's should aspire to this perfection

The path of the wuhan

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Brad"]

B - Are willing to not exploit broken skills to win.

quote]

What's a "Broken Skill" ??
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

A skill is considered broken when it adds too much to the strength of a team, and thus unbalances gameplay.

Right now, DP and the Claw/RSC combo are considered broken. Personally I would also add the NoS / Dump off combo's on pro-elves.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

First wellcome, hf @ gl
As you can see, there are people here that will play your DP, even if you have more than one defensive one.
Against ar7 teams DP is deadlyer than Block+Tackle, because you can win the match but the +2 to injury is lethal.
Ranked is competitive, and everibody likes its teams, so if you make a team with high cas ratio (DP, Claw+RSC) you are going to see that many people refuse to play against you (even similar teams, fear of suffering more casualties than your oponent is awesome). Try to play even games and you will probably get some. Make killer teams and you will only find oponents that don't mid...
Also unranked is a good option... and stunty also
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Right now, DP and the Claw/RSC combo are considered broken.

Considered by whom? I like DP.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Considered by a lot of people.

Note: This is NOT an open invitation to all people who like the skill to tell us about it here

The DP and RSC skills are being changed in the Vault rules, and for a reason.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sad you didn't mention me in the top list of people who like to foul Wizard =(

DP is not broken. The only way DP would be broken is if PO could be used in combo with it... mm.. such possiblities with that combo if it actually worked.. but i degress.

Look at it like this, there is three types of coaches on fumbbl.
1) those that accept fouling is part of the game, and do it only if they must to win.
2) those that refuses to accept that it is a part of the game, and refuses to foul, even if fouled.
3) those that embrace fouling as a tool for pitch removal, number advantage, and FF milking.

Personally, 1 and 3 are the most fun to play, but its classic when people in the number two catigory go off and rant and rave about their pixils turning into red grease stain pixils on the pitch. Reason enough to foul right there. Wink
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
MrMojo wrote:
Cloggy wrote:

Considered by a lot of people.

Note: This is NOT an open invitation to all people who like the skill to tell us about it here

The DP and RSC skills are being changed in the Vault rules, and for a reason.

I like claw/RSC too, and a lot.

Lord_Makari wrote:
Personally, 1 and 3 are the most fun to play, but its classic when people in the number two catigory go off and rant and rave about their pixils turning into red grease stain pixils on the pitch. Reason enough to foul right there. Wink

I hear you, man!

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you personally think about this situation:

It's middle of 2nd half. You already did 2 casualties. Your leading 2-0 and are about to score another td. Your playing 11 vs 7 and your opponent has no ko's. But one of his players is on the ground.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't consider dirty player too powerful. Most teams have ready access to it and thus balances out the equation. additionally, fouling potentially has major consequences (removal of your player when caught).

To me the only skill 'too powerful' is guard. Highly effective, can be used more than once a turn (even by the same player), no restrictions, no consequences. Furthermore, not all teams have ready access to it. Guard is the main reason why certain teams have to play "mouse" to other team's "cat". something we all hate.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Makari wrote:
Look at it like this, there is three types of coaches on fumbbl.
1) those that accept fouling is part of the game, and do it only if they must to win.
2) those that refuses to accept that it is a part of the game, and refuses to foul, even if fouled.
3) those that embrace fouling as a tool for pitch removal, number advantage, and FF milking.

Don't confuse a discussion about the dp skill with a discussion on fouling. Both category 1 and 3 can be done without a dp as well.

I'm in category 1 myself. Still, this kind of fouling does not require a Dirty Player, since a foul to win a match is mostly a foul aimed at for instance a player who would otherwise be able to blitz your ball carrier next turn. The aim here is to make sure he misses a turn, not that he is killed.

So yes, I do sometimes foul, but I still consider the changes to the dp skill in the Vault an improvement. Fouling a lot becomes easier because of the new rules for the ref spotting the foul, but the strength of the dp is reduced.

Last edited by Cloggy on %b %22, %2005 - %16:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

arktoris wrote:
I don't consider dirty player too powerful. Most teams have ready access to it and thus balances out the equation. additionally, fouling potentially has major consequences (removal of your player when caught).

To me the only skill 'too powerful' is guard. Highly effective, can be used more than once a turn (even by the same player), no restrictions, no consequences. Furthermore, not all teams have ready access to it. Guard is the main reason why certain teams have to play "mouse" to other team's "cat". something we all hate.

Yeah, take away GUARD!

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

AxelF wrote:
What do you personally think about this situation:

It's middle of 2nd half. You already did 2 casualties. Your leading 2-0 and are about to score another td. Your playing 11 vs 7 and your opponent has no ko's. But one of his players is on the ground.

Category 1 will not foul
Category 2 will not foul
Category 3 will foul

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

nah.

Catagory 1 will not foul.
Catagory 2 will not foul.
Catagory 3 will foul that turn, stall untill turn 8 fouling every turn and possibly even forego the td as the game is won and run the ballcarrier back to the LOS to assist in fouls that turn and all subsequent.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Policy of deterrence may work. But could a single 70k dp-lineelf keep a trio of 30k khemrian dp-skellies from fouling? I wouldn't put a penny on that bet.

Jump to: