51 coaches online • Server time: 17:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll always foul certain types of players, just because they're that dangerous; for example, the Str 4 strip-balling Wardancer HAS to go because he's a risk whenever he's on his feet.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My teams hate fouling. Anyone with a no dp team up for a game? ^_^
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

deathgerbil wrote:
My teams hate fouling. Anyone with a no dp team up for a game? ^_^

I see you used a double on a beastman to take ACCURATE Shocked

Were you very drunk???

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m reading these discussions and gets more and more frustrated. It looks like people doesn´t understand what BloodBowl is about. BloodBowl is about american football, with full armour, spikes and monsters. People ought to get hurt! I would be more frustrated if there weren´t people getting hurt all the time. DP is both a very good skill and at the same time a totally worthless one. Sure, you can make a foul but how many times wouldn´t you rather have block, guard, dodge, RFC aso. on your player.

The important thing is to knock people down, keep them down and/or score some goals.

But the thing that makes me more angry than anything here is that people think that this is some sundayschool league. BLOODbowl is just that. It´s a game where it is about blocking, passing, fouling, Go for it, Dodging, scoring TD:s, Killing players etc. When you get challanged you should accept, a good player plays against any team no matter the outcome in previous games, how else should you learn? The fun in BB is how unpredictable it is. I get angry when someone kills one of my players and then apologises. Hey! Cheer, gloat, rub it in that you have got 2spp, powerplay, and reduced another team! FOr I certainly will!

I rarely choose DP because there are often better skills to take for my players but I would never hesitate playing someone who´s got it. That just means his player have understood what the game is all about! BLOODbowl (just waiting for someone complaining over people getting killed in other GWgames... "I will not play your Empire army because you´ve got a cannon...")

/Gus - angry...

By the way DP isn´t so dangerous anymore. Miss my old beastman who had DP, RSC, MB.... In those days all bonuses added up....
Gil-Galad

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah well, i don't call the players refusing games for the only sake of risking to get damaged, and it's gonna ruin their team built up in safe matches and all " bloodbowlers " . Of course, refusing a match where you have no chance to win is OK by me - i won't send amazons to dwarves or such.. but refusing a match where chances are equal, because you have one DP ( or two for that matters ) ... is not bloodbowling

Welcome to the new GW product : BreedBowl "
Lord_Makari

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

11vs7 on the pitch, i've got the game won 2-0, and that guy is prone? would i foul? Yes. Its best to keep fouling until its just two rookie players left.. Foul the threats away. 6spp+ is a threat in my book =P

Always leave two on the pitch, even if you can take them out, don't. a rock might get one, and if you take them both out and a bad kick happens, then you just get to hit the turn button and sigh at the greed. 14 cas should be more then enough.. and if its not.. play another game as soon as you get done with that one!
Lord_Makari

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Of course, refusing a match where you have no chance to win is OK by me - i won't send amazons to dwarves or such.. but refusing a match where chances are equal, because you have one DP ( or two for that matters ) ... is not bloodbowling

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=170612

Dwarfs suck the higher they get, most front loaded teams do.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Gus38 wrote:
BLOODbowl

Hark, hark. System overload. Circuits failing... It's getting darker... Can't see... Logic failing... Argh...
origami

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

DP is broken, but not when only one player has it. The problem comes when a team has 4+ dp, and is able to foul every turn. A single DP will likely foul only twice per match, if that. He may cause some injuries, but he's hardly likely to cripple the other team.

DP is the only skill that lets elves have a chance of holding their own again a strength team. That's one reason why I try to have one DP on my elven teams at all times. When I knock down that ugly green MB/tackle orc blitzer, I want to be able to make sure that he stays down. When I see a strength team that refuses to play against teams with DP, I see a team that just wants a bunch of easy cas without risking it's own players.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

@Gus38 Bloodbowl is a brutal sportgame and violence is a central part of it. But it isn't the hack'n slay what makes Bloodbowl such a great game.
The (virtual) life-is-cheap attitude which may be right in Warhammer doesn't hit the core of Bloodbowl. The rank-and-file soldier of a halberdier regiment in WHFB may count few, the human catcher in Bloodbowl is valuable, especially when he got several skills.
The roleplaying aspect of the game lets the sensitive player take care for his players. The rationalist player would dislike losing players too, since it reduces his chances to win.
If you ever played Advanced Heroquest - another fine game from GW -you probably know how it can feel to lose a developed hero.
Nonetheless, the danger and risk of failure makes bloodbowl so exciting: No risk, no fun!

Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is not with the skill itself, but the coaches in this league that value there players more than reality, there girl friends or heaven forbid the joy of a game based on killing other players.
I have 2 DP's on most of my teams, and i might cause a cas every 2nd game with them. Mostly they cause a ko, a stun or nothing at all then get banned from the rest of the game. There not as powerful as stated by some, its just that when they work properly they can be devestating which is why those same coaches mentioned above react so negativly toward this skill - although that holds true for any skills like Piling On, Gaurd, Mighty Blow, Multiple Block etc...

Besides, its easy to tag the opponents DP with a crappy lineman from turn 1 so as to stop him being available for the foul. If you just stick anything on him to man-up then the options he has to foul are drastically lowered because he has to block that guy off the DP first, then foul. If thats were his/her attention is, (and not on the ball), all the better.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i dont play people with DP in Ranked. I gotten to many teams trashed up to many times. It's a experience you learn, Get the ref is broken enough as is. In unranked you dont have much choice, so i try to foul there, which i normally avoid unless the advantages would be huge. Now, mimashi fouled every turn when i played him, my ogres got trashed really badly and had to be retired. I dont really see the fun to retire a new made team, when i had some kind of vision for them.

so now he comes, mr I-foul-alot-and-dont-give-a-f*ck complains about how i am a coward cherry picker.
In response to that, GO FAWK YOURSELF!
Wizard

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

But you are a coward cherrypicker by refusing to play certain teams

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Therethere Wizard, that is a bit harsh. It's not like your rats and elves play THAT many games against teams that can truly bash them into the turf.

You do however have an attitude to the game I hope to learn some more from myself. My emotional attachment to my players, while it does add some nice flavour to the game for me in a character building aspect that is added, sometimes impedes my enjoyment of the game.

Just don't stoop to the name calling too much. It tends to put an end to good discussions in the forum.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2005 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Superstar wrote:
Well, i dont play people with DP in Ranked. I gotten to many teams trashed up to many times. It's a experience you learn.

Thing is... having a single DP in your team does not mean that you are a silly all-out-fouler. You can be one without having a single DP and you can be a (fairly) non-violent coach and have two.

Superstar wrote:
Get the ref is broken enough as is.

Get the ref can be broken yes.. I agree with you. Could be better if Jervis Johnson substitute it with the "bribe the ref" handicap (only FIRST foul spotted get canceled). Anyway there IS a way to try and counteract a "get the ref", but you have to foul yourself.

Superstar wrote:
In unranked you dont have much choice, so i try to foul there, which i normally avoid unless the advantages would be huge. Now, mimashi fouled every turn when i played him, my ogres got trashed really badly and had to be retired. I dont really see the fun to retire a new made team, when i had some kind of vision for them.

You failed to mention that I got the ref at the start of the 2nd half and you were playing ogres.
I fouled the ogres because I deemed them dangerous. I was going to score, so i did want to leave you with as few ogres as possible in the following kickoff. Since I was sending them mainly KO i fouled them all (I usually stop fouling after the 2nd/3rd casualty), and in the last turn I fouled a goblin, too.

You told me that last-turn fouls are lame. I agree with you, but the last turn was YOURS, not mine. And with an ogre and a goblin you can potentially score in one turn, if you get lucky.

You told me that all my fouls (except the last) made sense, in your opinion. I even told you to foul one of my players in your last drive, to even the hard feelings.

Also, being I still accustomed with the 3rd edition BBowl, I did not remember that fouls don't give SPP anymore (ehm...).

I recently played against high elves... and did not make a single foul.

Last thing... a newly made team can be safely retired and remade, leaving intact the vision. The problem is with avanced teams.
Also you had only a -av ogre and a miss-game goblin so that team needed not be retired...

Superstar wrote:
so now he comes, mr I-foul-alot-and-dont-give-a-f*ck complains about how i am a coward cherry picker.
In response to that, GO FAWK YOURSELF!

A little clarification request, here... with the "mr I-foul-alot-and-dont-give-a-f*ck" thingie are you meaning to address my humble self ?

Razz
 Jump to: