43 coaches online • Server time: 17:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Hi, this is mrt1212's wife. My husband just passed away from someone named MattDakka's lack of self awareness and outward presentation. Just dropped dead right on the couch. I always knew BB would kill him and leave me a widow but too soon, much too soon.

LOL @mrt1212's widow

edited - this was funnier before I realized the comment I was responding to was on the previous page Embarassed

Last edited by Cavetroll on %b %11, %2016 - %02:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweetspotting:Blackbox = Cherrypicking:Ranked

Box is already a place where TV management is the most important thing in team building. That suits your style. Fine. But it draws away many who are not so centered on the price/effectiveness side of team building. That's a fact.

Now you go on a 7-page rant (sorry but i call things as they are) because something goes in the way of your teambuilding strategy in a way you don't enjoy.
With an attitude that even draws away people who agree with your point.

Is that supposed to draw more people in blackbox or draw more people to play it?
Or is it just a rant because you got a wrong match?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It's like Dakka is a mid level predator who is miffed that hes the prey of bigger predators.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Sweetspotting:Blackbox = Cherrypicking:Ranked

Box is already a place where TV management is the most important thing in team building. That suits your style. Fine. But it draws away many who are not so centered on the price/effectiveness side of team building. That's a fact.

Now you go on a 7-page rant (sorry but i call things as they are) because something goes in the way of your teambuilding strategy in a way you don't enjoy.
With an attitude that even draws away people who agree with your point.

Is that supposed to draw more people in blackbox or draw more people to play it?
Or is it just a rant because you got a wrong match?

It's not a rant, in the past I got other mismatches and I wrote nothing (even when I lost).
This time I thought it could be useful trying to suggest a TV limit to Black Box draws to reduce the chance of such a big TV gap happening again in the future.
mrt1212 wrote:
It's like Dakka is a mid level predator who is miffed that hes the prey of bigger predators.

If I wanted to be a top predator I would play Nurgle only, not fail design teams like Slann, but feel free to think whatever you want.
Amazons, Norse, Undead, Chaos Pact, Chaos Dwarfs, just to name some, are way better teams to play at low TV only.
I find quite boring playing clawpomb teams, both for me and my opponents.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %30, %2016 - %19:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You find a lot of things about BB boring.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Yes, I tend to see the flaws even in the things I love.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Yes, I tend to see the flaws even in the things I love.

Hows that working out for you?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to digress, please send me a PM, I will reply there.
I don't want to spam the thread with off-topic.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

It's not a rant, in the past I got other mismatches and I wrote nothing (even when I lost).
This time I thought it could be useful trying to suggest a TV limit to Black Box draws to reduce the chance of such a big TV gap happening again in the future.

I understand that. I don't necessarely agree but I understand.

But you did that in the first post.
We're on page 8 now.

Let's move on.

It's time to activate 2k pro elves.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

I understand that. I don't necessarely agree but I understand.

But you did that in the first post.
We're on page 8 now.

Let's move on.

It's time to activate 2k pro elves.

Sure, I tried to give my suggestion, no matter if it won't be implemented.
We are on page 8 because I answered to posts and other people added their posts, not because I single-handedly wrote 8 pages or planned to write 8 pages.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
What Woodstock is saying is that the scheduler picked your frogs because the suitability score for Frogs at 1380k was deemed better than vamps at 1420k TV.

Unless Vamps met that Nurgz team, this Suitability score is a result of the Random factor (0.02) and the Racial factor.

Where can we find racial factors?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
What Woodstock is saying is that the scheduler picked your frogs because the suitability score for Frogs at 1380k was deemed better than vamps at 1420k TV.

Unless Vamps met that Nurgz team, this Suitability score is a result of the Random factor (0.02) and the Racial factor.

Where can we find racial factors?

ConSpirocy!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

O RLY?

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2016 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
ConSpirocy!

Only if the lists generated by the scheduler are unordered, because stable roommates.
Desultory

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2016 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with MattDakka on pretty much every point.
It seems to me that Throwreck, DukeTyrion and Purplegoo all seemed to agree with his point(s) at least to some degree as well.

Given the high skill level of these players, I think it obviously shows that there is a game, or matchup flaw which the very skilled players can see, and in various ways it has stopped them from playing the game as they would like.

As an unskilled player, being completed dominated in an 'unfair' game is also not fun.

In my opinion it would be better for the skilled and unskilled players if these quite simple issues got fixed.

It's a shame this turned in to the typical mrt1212 hijacked spam BS thread. Personally I don't see how MattDakka is to blame at all for being 'needlessly confrontational' by defending his points against what I view as needlessly pointless posts.
 Jump to: