46 coaches online • Server time: 12:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
The New Rulz are:
Exactly what I wanted and predicted
17%
 17%  [ 14 ]
A sign the GW is getting the Blood out of BB
13%
 13%  [ 11 ]
A bit better than a piece of pie
28%
 28%  [ 23 ]
The final nail in the coffin of my hopes in humanity
19%
 19%  [ 16 ]
Par for the course
20%
 20%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 81

PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Now my glimmer of hope is in the new rules that you can spend money on inducements and not give equal value to your foe. Now, with those rules, gold once again has value. You can use your gold to give yourself an edge if you want to spend it.

CRP gold gives your foe an equal value so you gain little to no edge by spending gold pre match. In fact most coaches would say you are crazy to transfer money pre match and give your underdog foe even more gold to use against you.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
Painstate, if you read the rules in full you'll realise that under the new rules a millionaire team is "potentially" even more game breaking than in CRP

I know what is going on, iam strictly speaking CRP here. My "beef" is that millionaire teams in CRP are a joke and not game breaking at all, in fact that is the problem, they are not game breaking.

The new rules with their new bank system + allowing you to spend gold pre match and not give equal value is a good thing. I have been begging for that since day 1 of CRP.

So, do not misunderstand what Iam saying about this. I like the new rules when it comes to gold.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

I know what is going on, iam strictly speaking CRP here. My "beef" is that millionaire teams in CRP are a joke and not game breaking at all, in fact that is the problem, they are not game breaking.

Imagine to play against a team having millions in the Treasury and underdog.
This team is 30-50 TV underdog (therefore slightly underdog), it can induce either a babe, or a bribe, or an Apo or even a Wizard by using gold from the Treasury every game in which it is slightly underdog (without giving the same inducements to the opponent team due to the small TV gap).
That is clearly an advantage.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %28, %2016 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Bazakastine wrote:
I think the soft cap will be at 300K. Trying to keep yourself in the 160-190 range doesn't seem better than trying to stay around 260-290 knowing that 1/6th of the time you will drop to around 130 or so. That added 100K in flexibility seems worth the risk.

Exactly, which means the "keep 3 times the price of your positional" is now somewhat built-in the rulz.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Those CD have sweet spotted there team.

The more you have in your treasury, the sweetest are the sweet spots. A sweetly spotted team with an infinite treasury could remain around its sweet spot indefinitely.

I've seen teams like this one destroyed by CPOMB. One week later, they were all back to their sweet spots. Wonder why?

It's as if you've never spectated B during NA evening times, PS.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Players with interesting background/fluff/match history will be old players. There shouldn't be a penalty/charge for keeping players around for those who like to write some player background or mention their match reports etc. All I hope is that this is not going to be a problem going forward. If it is more a case of you may lose just a couple of experienced players it may be ok (similar to old retirements), but I hope not to the point that old teams become very similar to young teams with regards to individual players game played. Most will not keep a fun but inefficient/expensive player if there is a penalty.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Now my glimmer of hope is in the new rules that you can spend money on inducements and not give equal value to your foe. Now, with those rules, gold once again has value. You can use your gold to give yourself an edge if you want to spend it.

CRP gold gives your foe an equal value so you gain little to no edge by spending gold pre match. In fact most coaches would say you are crazy to transfer money pre match and give your underdog foe even more gold to use against you.

Wow, seriously? That is a terrible change, imo. Are we really going back to the days of teams stockpiling cash and buying tourneys, rather than winning them with skill?

First tourney final I got to back in the LRB4 days, my opponent won it because he had enough cash to hire Count Luthor and I didn't Sad

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2016 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Do CAS caused by fouls add to the post-season buy back budget?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
PainState wrote:

Wow, seriously? That is a terrible change, imo. Are we really going back to the days of teams stockpiling cash and buying tourneys, rather than winning them with skill?

First tourney final I got to back in the LRB4 days, my opponent won it because he had enough cash to hire Count Luthor and I didn't Sad

Maybe.

1. You want enough cash at season end to rebuy your team as much as possible (provided you have parts worth keeping).

2. You don't want so much cash that you risk the loss of it entirely thus squashing any inducement funsies and hiring players back players for next season.

3. It may very well lead to situations where its worth the risk of floating your treasury up to 500K so you have a few shots in a tourney to induce a player you'd either not get as an underdog, or one that would tip the game even more in your favor as an overdog.

I think the not counting against TV is kinda crazy but this certainly lays bare the claim that there is nothing good to do with extra gold now.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:

Yes.

5,000 gp for each casualty the team caused last season.

The real rules lawyering comes in form of Diving Tackle - does causing a CAS through using Diving Tackle constitute a CAS you caused or is it only CAS that you rolled Dice for in your turn?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

@mrt1212: Yeah, it's a fair point that 'Expensive Mistakes' and the end-of-season buy-back rules (if implemented) might help to offset the tendency of coaches to use cashpiles to buy tourneys. Also, back in those days, there was some strategy to the conservation of cash through a tourney: "Do I use some of my cashpile now to buy a wiz to make the next game easier, or am I confident enough that I don't need it, that I can save it for later?" Also, even without petty cash, it should be possible to use Tournament Weight to limit how big a cash pile teams could take in.

Obviously, we need to look at the whole ruleset in combination, rather than each piece by itself. I'm not 100% sure where those rules I mentioned above sit, in terms of being 'optional' or not.

Imo though, if petty cash were removed without the above offsets, or any limit on cash being taken into tourneys, it would pretty much ruin the [R] and [B] tourney scene.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

Yes.

The real rules lawyering comes in form of Diving Tackle - does causing a CAS through using Diving Tackle constitute a CAS you caused or is it only CAS that you rolled Dice for in your turn?

That would need some extra implementation as the game doesn't keep track of foul cas scored in teams or reports.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

Yes.

wot about crowd pushes?

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
the game doesn't keep track of foul cas scored in teams or reports.

Yes it does. Both client and site.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2016 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
Balle2000 wrote:

Yes.

wot about crowd pushes?

Thank you pythrr, I knew I could count on you to bring up the other rules lawyer thing.
 Jump to: