39 coaches online • Server time: 13:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Recruiting now - Gre...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post fumbbl Dungeon Bowl
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vicius

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

vote for ammozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and the WO winner will be Nestoroide the mega lucker master!!
KenThis

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2011 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

sarcasm on< cheers kryten >sarcasm off
i have 3 words for you.
Kiss Of Death.
game to be played Tuesday evening 9pm BST.
KenThis

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2011 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mystic Rabe's prediction of the rats sneaking it 3-2 v the dark elves proved correct. should have taken a bag of gold to his local goblin bookies.

now I'm going to have a go at predicting the 3 Quarter Finals i don't have a vested interest in.

Popes of Mope v qwerty team this is gonna be close but I think Popes will take it 3-2 when they receive first in OT.

Wild Wicked Witches v High Princes this is also gonna be close but i think a 1 turn td from the ma9 witch might just mean the difference in a thrilling 3-2 in normal time.

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e v Chaos Waste Crushers is gonna be a big upset with the dorfs managing to receive first in OT to stall out an impressive 2-1 Morg will once again get man of the match
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2011 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Pftt! Who is this KenThis predicting my team will lose?

Where is Milford!! He'll give us a straight prediction! Oh wait...he also tends to bet vs. the Crushers.

Could be because the Crushers tend to suffer from horrendous luck and they can't hurt an overstuffed grounded fly. I'm apparently only slightly luckier than Malmir. My money is also on the Dwarfs, who advance after a 2nd straight beatdown of a vastly more powerful team.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2011 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting draw in that the last two bashers left were drawn against each other. Can one of them now go all the way against a tide of elfball?
KenThis

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2011 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing personal Sigmar. By all means try to prove me wrong.
I'm mostly just going on all the teams drawn first in the last round went through.
But obviously I'd love that pattern to get broken...
Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2011 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford back from the land of reality**

Well the final 8 are set up and it is looking very interesting. That random draw for the quarterfinal set up some very interesting match ups.

ImagePopes of Mope
VS
Imageqwuerty Team

Well the Popes come into the match looking good. They will be getting some nice inducement cash to play with and are solid. But only one tackler, he better be on his game this match. The popes will have to rely on their pro elf skills to somehow get a TO and turn the tide on the qwuerty.

qwuerty took it on the chin in the opening round but are still going strong. They have a really solid lineup from top to bottom and out skill the elves. I think a change in tactics might just work in this match, cage up and attempt to go bash heavy on these pro elves might just break Popes before half time.

This will be a very interesting elf ball match up. Iam confident it will be a close match that comes down to a few key plays in the game to determing the winner.

qwuerty has to much skill for the Popes to overcome in this match. qwuerty pulls out the close match in the closing turns 2-1.

ImageLegion of Longevity
VS
ImageCowardly Calcium Compounds

Well the battle of the unskilled linemen is on display in this match.

Legion is set to play some serious elf ball in this match. Got the OTS gutter and a top heavy team of storm vermin and the rest of the gutters. Run and some serious gun will be in order for this match. Just run up the score and attempt 1 or two turn scores all game long. Make the woodies match score for score, and if the Compounds decide to stand their ground, well that is what storm vermin and rat ogres are for.

The compounds also bring their top heavy speed freaks to the match and also are looking at running up the score. And the game plan is the same for them.

This will be an interesting and high scoring affair if both teams decide the path to victory is scoring at will, no stalling, and make this game come down to who ever turns over the ball first.

Iam hoping for a real high scoring affair which would be a real change of pace for a major.

Compounds use their superior AG to get a key turnover late in the game and win this one 5-4 on the last turn.
(Gutter AG 4 is vastly superior to Wood Elf AG4, thats just how it is, dont know why)

ImageWild WIcked Witches
VS
ImageHigh Princes

Well the Witches are another really nice looking Dark Elf team that is skilled up from top to bottom. But they will have their hands full against the princes. They will have to bring their A game to overcome the skill and inducements the high elves bring to the match.

The Princes are set up really nice in this match. They will be getting some nice inducement money to play with and they are not overmatched to much in the skill game. They should be able to give this a serious run.

This is a really even match up. It is a toss up match that will come down to who ever get the timely CAS or lucky TO on a failed dodge. So in essence it should come down to about 4-5 key plays of the game.

Going with the slight upset in this match. Princes get the TO on turn 16 and do a endzone to endzone OTS FTW!!!! 2-1

ImageHanazakari whats their name
VS
ImageChaos Waste Crushers

Well the battle of the bashers in this match. This is both good and bad for both team. Good in the sense that the match plays to their strength, bash. Bad in the sense that the other guy can also bash and blow up pixels. I think they were both salivating at the shot to bash up some elf ballers.

The Hanazakari dwarfs will be getting some nice inducement money to play with and they will bring the bash. Cage and blow up some chaos scumm is the name of the game. But going in with 11 men and a journey man it is not looking good, in fact it is really grim. They get shortmanned early and this match will be over.

The Crushers bring the +ST upgrade and will attempt to blow up the dwarf LOS and lay them out. Cage up and "lean" on the dwarfs with all that +ST should be able to break them.

This will turn into a very interestomg tactical bash fest. The Dwarfs will be hard pressed to stand toe to toe but have enough power to attempt it. This game will turn against the dwarfs FAST if they do not get some early CAS.

Crushers dont crush, more like demolish the dwarfs. Crushers 1-0 in a stall and demolish gameplan of attack. The crushers will not be able to resist the 8 turn stall and clear the pitch in the second half.

This should be a lot of fun this round. 3 of the 4 matches look really close and will be very fun to watch. IF the Dwarfs put up a valliant last stand there could be a real upset special in the works.

Last edited by PainState on %b %21, %2011 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2011 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milfords back page editorial **

Well I just have to point out the final 8 teams trully represent the variety of team match ups that Ranked play has to offer. Notice no mirror matches in the final 8. I would also like to point out the relativly low TV of the final 8 and also point out that none of the final 8 are the dreaded and feared Legendary teams that got a conversion boost or a birthday team, that for some reason a lot of coaches think are still running around.

( I just could not resist the Milford rebuttal to the 20 page epic thread of all the mirror match/scheduler in the box is broke flame war and of course the idea that the converted LRB4 teams in ranked would rule the day and that the birthday teams are going to get converted and have the boost of the birthday to reign supreme for a few majors) Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2011 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
ImageWild WIcked Witches
VS
ImageHigh Princes

Well the Witches are another really nice looking Dark Elf team that is skilled up from top to bottom. But they will have their hands full against the princes. They will have to bring their A game to overcome the skill and inducements the high elves bring to the match.

The Princes are set up really nice in this match. They will be getting some nice inducement money to play with and they are not overmatched to much in the skill game. They should be able to give this a serious run.

This is a really even match up. It is a toss up match that will come down to who ever get the timely CAS or lucky TO on a failed dodge. So in essence it should come down to about 4-5 key plays of the game.

Going with the slight upset in this match. Princes get the TO on turn 16 and do a endzone to endzone OTS FTW!!!! 2-1

Game coming up in about 10 minutes time!!

Get your seats in the stadium now!

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the WO **

Massive explosion at a local hostel, Assisination attempt

That is the headline today at the Warpstone open. A local hostel that the Legion of Longevity was staying at blew up into a million shards last night. The death toll is still climbing as the bodies of dead rats are still being pulled out. The Legion are fine as they were registered to stay at the hostel during the tournament but actually sleep and hang out on the surface in a local grove of trees.

The local rat catcher (cop or officer for us humans) says that the explosion was a very crafty skaven bomb that clan Eshin are fond of using. It was a combination of Calcium Hypochlorite and Trichloro-s-Triazinetrione and the detenator was a slow fuse liquid of Poly [oxethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride]. So in laymans terms, one freaking big bomb.

Rumors are flying at the WO about this assisination attempt and the heat is squarly on the Cowardly Calcium Compounds. The spokerat for the compounds says any relation to the componets of the bomb and the team name is dumbz. But the rumor is catching on as the compounds 3 gutter runners are know associates of clan eshin and have intimate knowledge of these types of devices.

Needless to say this is an underhanded, over the top, down right cowardly and totally skaven like tactic that rumors that the Compounds are behind this attack will probally never go away.

Last edited by PainState on %b %22, %2011 - %21:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

That was just an accidental explosion of the warpstone heating. Nothing to see here. The honest council of Skavenblight would never approve such manipulation. Go rats!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

First they cursed my poor Agility Monsters, now they mess around with explosives... I hope rats and dwarves both win their games and the dwarves mangle those filthy folks!!

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2011 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the WO **

Class action lawsuit filed against FUMBBL and the Warpstone Open competition commitee

Today back in Altdorf a group of supporters for the rights of Journeymen in the FUMBBL leagues filed a class action lawsuit. They demand contracts, a stable work enviroment and a pension for the deceased players relatives or debt holders.

The statement basically accuses FUMBBL and the WO of deceitful work place practices by telling any joe on the street that they can earn up to 100 GC to stand in on a blood bowl team on a one game basis. They say that FUMBBL is preying on the incompetant, drunk and naieve members of society. They also issued a veiled threat that they have information that some of the Orc and Chaos teams are inpressing players into journeymen roles on a game to game need. Thus a form of slavery according to some.

The "class" decided to use the backdrop of the Warpstone Open main draw to place their claim in the hopes that the heightened awarness during a major would help their cause with the peasentry.

Word out of FUMBBL HQ was mum on this...a statement was released that said that Lord Christer would hear their claim and ponder this situation. Lord Purplechest the administrator of the Majors did not issue a statement but when asked about it at a local tavern in Skavenblight responded by holding up his brandy sniffer and issued this toast: "A toast for all our lovable Journeymen, may their niggles and stat decrease injuries heal fast and the daisies blossom to full bloom on their graves...A Toast!"

Well you draw your own conclusions from that.

The "class" members who showed up to the Warpstone Open committe to issue their claim, well we have not scene them since this morning. I dont think their claim was received very kindly, that is just a quess not fact.

Last edited by PainState on %b %23, %2011 - %05:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2011 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yay! revenge for Deepfist and Hotlightning!
Kryten

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2011 - 17:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So when is the last quarterfinal match scheduled? I want to see the last of the bashy matches in the Warpstone. Sigmar1? amen0?

I am predicting a shocking dwarf upset, with at least one +ST chaos warrior killed in action!
 Jump to: