58 coaches online • Server time: 16:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Regardless of where this thread is situated or if any of these proposals will ever get implemented it's an intresting read. Is's always a 'pleasure' to see Shadow swoop in with his same old over the top admin act.

I would like to see any widely accepted rules to be implemented via the usual testing process. But I'm happy either way. My thanks to Plasmoid for at least making an effort if nothing else.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bitter, bitter, bitter! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yes because moving the thread to a different forum that's more appropriate, and is still listed in the "recent forum topics"...is sooooo stifling...

seriously, you clowns really need to get over yourselves....

--j

ImageImage
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bitter! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
yes because moving the thread to a different forum that's more appropriate, and is still listed in the "recent forum topics"...is sooooo stifling...

seriously, you clowns really need to get over yourselves....

--j

Clowns is it?

What did that really say before you edited it? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

it would have said the same thing had it been edited...but since it wasn't...

--j

ImageImage
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
yes because moving the thread to a different forum that's more appropriate, and is still listed in the "recent forum topics"...is sooooo stifling...--j

Ironic the people who wish to see this thread removed from the recent forum topics are contributing to it staying there by bumping it. Thanks Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The quickest way to see this thread die will be to turn it into an anti admin flamewar so those of you who do want to see it live (which includes me even though i dont care about the proposed rules- no offence plasmoid- i just dont like seeing threads get locked) best drag it back on topic fast Smile

For those who want to argue mods policies etc why not just make a new topic on the subject? if you do it politely and stick to the forum rules i doubt theyd lock it (they never deleted or told me off about my blogs against policies). Just for gods sake put it in the right forum Razz

Now.. back to why Plasmoids ideas suck Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
yes because moving the thread to a different forum that's more appropriate, and is still listed in the "recent forum topics"...is sooooo stifling...--j

Ironic the people who wish to see this thread removed from the recent forum topics are contributing to it staying there by bumping it. Thanks Smile

ironic that nobody said anything about removing it from the recent forum topics, but somehow people keep enforcing that as a motive...

--j

ImageImage
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Plasmoid.

1) With your PO rules there will be less players prone (after using PO) so it will be easier to protect the ball.

The other PO and keeping Lightning bolt makes using PO more risky and therefore more tactical (and interesting IMO)

4) I'm not really feeling the love for those suggestions (although I prefer them to dryads). I still prefer the on field master chef or maybe just 2 of your fat boys (with tweaks?).

@ Shadow. If the issue of posting threads in the correct category concerns you that much start a new thread and I will gladly respond, but please stop chatting off topic in this thread (I'm sure you of all people know you shouldn't be encouraging a thread to go off topic).

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

you first?...it's a free world, any coach is free to speak in any topic they wish....but you can't imagine that any coach would overlook someone disparaging them in a public forum, and not respond...

--j

ImageImage
legowarrior

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

To make pile on less attractive, why not treat it as knocked down, and have the pile on player also have to roll for armor break? That why you can still pile on, but you have to ask yourself, "do I want to risk being stunned myself?"
Pile on then has a similar risk that fouling does, that their a chance you might get sent off the pitch (due to injury).

Now, this might unfair benefit high Armor value teams like Dwarves over teams like Norse, but it is something to think about.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring back Foulsumms thread about creating LRB7 we could use another of those Razz

Also I would like to see someone do something a lot more drastic like a complete re-write from scratch, that puts the game more in line with 1st edition, with crazy rules like this one from first ed"when a werewolf blocks a skeleton the skeleton can't regen because the wolf runs off with his bones".

And the sniper, that can kill a player from the opponent team before the game lol

That would make more interesting reading in my opinion Razz
Niebling

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion dont forget if that same werewolf was left next to a treeman he might be "distracted" Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

exactly 1st edition = win Very Happy