38 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2013 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Our first two teams are into the final rounds. We have a Skyre Slaves team and a grandfathered Goblin team.

Alas, my Pygmies had a shot tied 1-1 with the ball on the ground on turn 8 and Mike TeeVee in scoring position. Veruca Salt dodged, dodged again, picked up the ball in two tacklezones, crowd roars, leapt, crowd nearly riots, and then flubbed the hand-off. Crowd groans.

While the Chocolate Factory All-Stars finished undefeated their second tie crushed all hopes of advancing. It was a fantastic game, playing from behind from a brutal turn 1, with a great shot at winning on the last turn. I hope I represented Pygmies well and I hope that more people take up the good fight and play a great race!
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2013 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Group eight is still a close race, but we are green and cutie mark crusaders are almost eliminated from competition due to score and tie Breaker stats.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Bullroarer4 wrote:
Group eight is still a close race, but we are green and cutie mark crusaders are almost eliminated from competition due to score and tie Breaker stats.

All of sudden this group is extremely tight.

Junior Dirty Eaters have finished out their qualifier with only 3 games played due to a miss matched.

Now all of a sudden We R green and Cutie Mark Crusaders if they win their last two matches will take the lead.

Drachenfels and Smashing if they win their last match will force the tie breaker which leans towards Drachenfels.

Missed matches really mess with round robins. I understand they happen because of real life or one of the coaches has thrown in the towel and does not play. But man they totally throw the format for a loop when it comes to scoring.

Bottom line. Junior Dirty would probally have this qualifier really close to locked up even with a loss in that missed matched.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the current standings in the battle between Millford and Baelnic. Those in bold are a done deal or close enough. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

** Deep in a crypt **

tap, Tap,Tap

Lord Von Braun Ostard freezes in place. Who has found his double secret hidden crypt? He told know one about it except elizabeth, his mid night trist, but she is over in the corner, cold as a coffins crypt. Who could it be?

The door latch comes undone. Breaking 5 wards of protection on the door. 'This is no bueno" Ostard thinks to himself.

The door opens up on its rusty hinges sending a spine curdling, pull your hair out and run for your life screeching sound. In walks the Drachenfels butler. A solemen and soft spoken chap. In fact so soft spoken he has not spoken in 172 years. He looks really, really serious to Ostard. In his hands he carries a helmet with jewels and a gold inlaid symbol of Drachenfels on the side. He places the helmet on top of the lid of Ostards crypt. Bows and then walks back with all ceremony to the opening in the door and just stands there.

Just as Ostard is about to ask the most obvious question he hears a voice in his head.

"Ostard you idiotic fool."

Ostard steps back, stunned. "My Lord? Lord Constance Drachenfels?"

"Who else would it be you moron?"

"Well you have been gone so long. I had given up hope of your return?"

"Return? Who said I was coming back? My genius and evil was to great for such a back water universe that you live in. I moved on but I still have a soft spot for the old castle and some of the minnions such as Butler."

"Iam honored that Iam one of your minnions that you still watch over."

"Hardly Ostard. You where only good at moving around my coaches. Otherwise you are very poor Strig Lord. Why I gave you a lordship in the first place perplexes me now that I think aobut it."

"My Lord Iam dismayed! Where are you? Are you here right now?

"Do you not listen Ostard? Iam 40k Years in the future riding on a dreadnaught class battlecruiser relaxing in my sleep. We are preparing to launch a massive assault on some back water star system so I can once again crush and conquer a new universe."

"Well my Lord your departure was premature then. For you did not crush and conquer this universe."

"Ostard my displeasure is growing every time you open your mouth."

"Sorry my Lord, just stating facts that is all."

"Well I having pressing battle plans so Iam going to keep this short. YOU ARE FREAKING FIRED!"

Ostards white skin turns so white he goes plaid.

"That is right, take that Ostard. You have some how bungled and GFIed one to many times. I watch over you guys because one of my hidden deep passions for enjoyment is Stunty Blood Bowl. And you have totally botched that to the point that I cannot even watch the second halfs of games. Your style of play is unispiring, dumb and I cannot take it any more."

"But, But my Lord it is not my fault. The thralls....."

" Thralls, Schmalls. Oh that time has come and gone Ostard. I have allready found your replacement. Lord Max Hidenburg He earned his Lordship the old fashion way. By maiming, killing, destroying and advancing my agenda an age before you where even born. He will lead the Coachmen to victory and domination now. You on the other hand. Well I have decided that instead of blasting you to sub atomic particles or sucking your soul and putting it into a china doll to live out your days in a doll house. I did contemplate sucking your sould out and infusing it into the FCC trophy for you witness first hand on a trophy case what real winners look like. But I decided that would be way to good for you."

Ostard starts looking around. He has to find a way out of this crypt. But he comes up short when he notices the Butler pulling out a gem encrusted longsword with runes of undead bane glowing on it.

"My Lord lets talk reason. Lord Hidenburg is a much older Strig lord than myself. But how can you trust a Lord who was put down in his crypt when he was in bat mode and taken down by a hedge wizard who cast a luck fireball. If I recall he is the butt of jokes about that day. Him falling from the sky in a ball of fire as his bat wings burned to cinders. His crash destroyed a out house and you had to personeally fetch him out of the toilet."

"LOL, oh those where the good ole days. Thank you Ostard for bring back some of the old memories that are so fond."

"My Lord that was a insult not a journey down memory lane."

"ROFL, oh stop it Ostard, Iam about to lose my lunch Iam laughing so hard. Ok here is the deal. I have relegated you to assitant coach during matches. And you will still be captain of the coach IF for some crazy reason I decide to return."

Ostard falls on his knees at the base of the telepathic communicating helmet of by gone years that is infused with so much evil no mortal could even touch it.

"Thank you my Lord. I will strive to become the greatest assitant coach of all Stunty time in service to House Drachenfels."

"Stop it Ostard. Oh to hell with it. Iam keeping tabs on you Ostard. One more blown match and I might decide that the reason for the lose is poor assitant coach work. Butler get me out of here. I have important stuff to do."

Butler walks up to the helmet and craddles it under his arm. As he turns to leave he looks down at Ostard and speaks for the first time in 172 years. "You lucky, lucky bastard."

When Ostard looks up he is in a empty crypt. Relegated to assitant coach duty. Fame and glory fading. His greatness snuffed before his time. Ostard shuffles out of the crypt like a man on a 1000 mile death march.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2013 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the junior dirty eaters have two wins (6 pts), one tie (2 pts) and one concession win (3 pts) for a total of 11 points.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2013 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bullroarer4 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the junior dirty eaters have two wins (6 pts), one tie (2 pts) and one concession win (3 pts) for a total of 11 points.

I have no clue...It depends on how the scoring is performed by Shadow and the FCC team.

IF neither team gets any points in a game not played scenario then Qualifier VIII will come down to the last week of action.

IF shadow is awarding the Eaters a concession win then it BE OVER they have won qualifier VIII.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2013 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not sure how Shadow will score it, so my confirmation of Junior Dirty Eaters may be wrong. Apologies.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2013 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Group six is hotting up. With Azure's Lost Paladins taking down Lorebass' Squigly Squags it sets up a very possible three-way tie for first with 10 points apiece. With a +5 TD ranking Azure looks to be the front runner. Lorebass needs to win by 3 TDs (or by 2TDs and 15 casualties) and M0gw41 needs to win by 5 TDs. Can anyone catch the Paladins?

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2013 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

interesting turn of events...i wasn't aware that a "forfeit" decision did not automatically assign points to the match...

so here's the situation...markin's match was a noshow by the opponent...in any other non-point based tournament, markin would advance etc etc etc, yadda yadda yadda...

here, it gets a little bit wonky...

i was under the impression, when assigning forfeits, that the winner of the forfeit would get points for the win, and the loser would get points for losing...
i'm going to talk to the tournament staff and see if there are any major opposing opinions to continuing that train of thought, and i'll have an updated status on that come wednesday night...

as it stands this could throw a monkey wrench into quite a few of the current standings...

there's still 2 weeks of play left after this round is concerned, so i can't come up with a genuine reason why it would cause a dustup...

regardless, there's been a few learning curves with this format, that i'll need to address before next year's cycle...

--j

ImageImage
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2013 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 3 FCC Stats.

For reference the average Cas/G was 3.28 in the ECC but we expect higher Cas/G here because the teams are developed.

Albion Fae - 1 Team
0-1-1 (.250)
0.5 TD/G while giving up 1 TD/G
1.5 Cas/G while suffering 5 Cas/G

Chaos Halflings - 17 Teams
13-5-23 (.378)
0.76 TD/G while giving up 1.20 TD/G
4.63 Cas/G while suffering 4.78 Cas/G

Eshin Adept - 1 Team
0-0-3 (.000)
0.67 TD/G while giving up 1.67 TD/G
2.0 Cas/G while suffering 6.0 Cas/G

Forest Goblins - 10 Teams
13-7-6 (.635)
1.46 TD/G while giving up 0.96 TD/G
4.08 Cas/G while suffering 4.54 Cas/G

Gnoblar - 6 Teams
6-2-9 (.412)
0.82 TD/G while giving up 1.18 TD/G
3.12 Cas/G while suffering 5.41 Cas/G

Gnome - 4 Teams
7-1-6 (.536)
1.14 TD/G while giving up 1.00 TD/G
3.64 Cas/G while suffering 2.64 Cas/G

Goblin Cheaters - 6 Teams
3-7-7 (.382)
0.71 TD/G while giving up 1.47 TD/G
2.65 Cas/G while suffering 3.35 Cas/G

Goblins - 1 Team
3-1-0 (.875)
2.25 TD/G while giving up 0.5 TD/G
6.75 Cas/G while suffering 2.5 Cas/G

Horrors of Tzeentch - 7 Teams
10-2-7 (.579)
0.89 TD/G while giving up 0.58 TD/G
3.11 Cas/G while suffering 3.79 Cas/G

Nurglings - 6 Teams
10-3-3 (.719)
1.5 TD/G while giving up 0.63 TD/G
5.38 Cas/G while suffering 3.31 Cas/G

Pygmy - 1 Team
2-2-0 (.750)
1 TD/G while giving up 0.25 TD/G
3.75 Cas/G while suffering 5.5 Cas/G

Skyre Slaves - 6 Teams
8-3-7 (.528)
1.06 TD/G while giving up 1.0 TD/G
5.33 Cas/G while suffering 4.11 Cas/G

Snotling - 3 Teams
0-1-3 (.125)
1 TD/G while giving up 1.75 TD/G
2.25 Cas/G while suffering 6 Cas/G

Squig Herders - 8 Teams
13-2-13 (.500)
1.25 TD/G while giving up 1.232 TD/G
4.79 Cas/G while suffering 4.04 Cas/G

Strigoyan - 3 Teams
3-1-3 (.500)
1.0 TD/G while giving up 1.29 TD/G
5.71 Cas/G while suffering 5.0 Cas/G
baelnic

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2013 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Also,

The Lost Paladins are our Casualty leaders with 29.

The Chocolate Factory All-Stars and Biscuit Tin Bear Trappers have suffered the most casualties with 22.

And the Krusty Kritters have scored the most touchdowns so far with 9.

Still more games to play to get your name immortalized!
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2013 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
interesting turn of events...i wasn't aware that a "forfeit" decision did not automatically assign points to the match...

so here's the situation...markin's match was a noshow by the opponent...in any other non-point based tournament, markin would advance etc etc etc, yadda yadda yadda...

here, it gets a little bit wonky...

i was under the impression, when assigning forfeits, that the winner of the forfeit would get points for the win, and the loser would get points for losing...
i'm going to talk to the tournament staff and see if there are any major opposing opinions to continuing that train of thought, and i'll have an updated status on that come wednesday night...

as it stands this could throw a monkey wrench into quite a few of the current standings...

there's still 2 weeks of play left after this round is concerned, so i can't come up with a genuine reason why it would cause a dustup...

regardless, there's been a few learning curves with this format, that i'll need to address before next year's cycle...

--j

What I usually do in a [L] tournament is give the coach who lost an opportunity (who was fofeited against) either the average points he scored in his other games that season, or the minimum number of points for a win (i.e. a 1-0 win); whichever is higher. (this can be extended to tiebreakers as well)

That way coaches doing poorly get a 1-0 win, whereas coaches who win all their other games 5-0 won't suddenly get a meager result because their opponent didn't show.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2013 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Has a decision been reached as to the status of qualifier VIII?

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2013 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i believe shadow said in the other fcc thread he'd work out everything on wednesday
 Jump to: