22 coaches online • Server time: 07:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 18, 2015 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A question occurred to me: Why are the High TV qualifiers running on the 20 May deadline for first round? Them being made up of 8 teams only, shouldn't the deadline for 1st round be 27 May?

Incidentally I'm struggling a bit with getting my match scheduled, but that has nothing to do with my query. Wink
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the last round 2 game of the FTA Qualifier 1 has been scheduled for Thursday, 14:00 bbitime. Good times!

Go Cranberries! (Even though I secretly hope they lose, so that the Monsters meet them in round 3.)

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A little sad I had to forfeit my round one match due to real life stuff. Managed a 4-0 in game 2, but I realized TDs and CAS are counted the same at 1 point each for tie-breakers. Kinda crappy, and will make it hard to get a qualifier spot.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There are no teams with perfect record in FTA 2 so still a decent chance for you to progress if you can win the next two.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

drunkagent wrote:
There are no teams with perfect record in FTA 2 so still a decent chance for you to progress if you can win the next two.

Yes, that is/was my plan, but the TD/CAS point system is definitely not helping. Wink

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
drunkagent wrote:

Yes, that is/was my plan, but the TD/CAS point system is definitely not helping. Wink

It's helping the 2 chaos, 2 dorf, 2 neco and 2 nurgle teams who have the top 4 spots in each group quite a bit! Wink

I would have guessed UD would be up there but perhaps that makes me a naive idealist. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, there are just a lot more bash teams in both groups, so it's not surprising they form most of the leaders. And if we were still using TD diff + half of cas diff as the tiebreaker, the only difference to that would be that the teams currently in 5th (DE and Slann) would be in 4th. The top 3 in each group would be unchanged.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Very true, there are tons of bashers in there. If I had had a basher team I would have been tempted to throw it into these qualifiers because of the tiebreakers too. 4 rounds of swiss where CAS are equal to TD for tiebreakers? Why enter anything else? Wink

I have applied to fastest to apply the last two times, but this time I was planning to enter slann and the thought of getting even into the second spot was doable but I would surely lose on tiebreakers to some other team with a 3/0/1 or some such. Maybe next time!

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Apologies to all those waiting on myself and The_Demon to play out our game, we've been trying hard but are generally available at very different times. Thankfully I have a day off work thursday so can be on to get the game done.

@Rabe I think your odds of meeting us pretty good dude Very Happy

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 20:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Interestingly they havnt asked for an extension, and have scheduled to play after the deadline........

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Interestingly they havnt asked for an extension, and have scheduled to play after the deadline........

Oops! Can we have an extension please Very Happy

We have been PM'ing a lot to try get the game done, but have struggled badly to match up play times.

edit: If necessary I can pull a late one wednesday night to get it done then, but other than that with work commitments I cant really justify being up ridiculously late to play it out.

WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the criteria for "Old" Teams in the GLT?

Now playing:
Crossdressers - 334 games
Baleful Uruku - 46 games
St Genis Laval des Bois - 68 games
[R] Tholgorond Dragons - 44 games

Crossdressers I get, the others... ?

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
What is the criteria for "Old" Teams in the GLT?

Now playing:
Crossdressers - 334 games
Baleful Uruku - 46 games
St Genis Laval des Bois - 68 games
[R] Tholgorond Dragons - 44 games

Crossdressers I get, the others... ?

Application is open to any teams with more than 40 games played. I am assuming that younger teams would not make the cut if there were enough applicants.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Good news, looks like we'll be playing our match tonight somewhere around 2300 GMT (server time 0000)

TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: May 19, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The Madness continue their relentless march to un-forlorn the Lizard race by winning their round 2 qualifier match...but at a cost that might stop their run early. They played a Norse team where the match-up on paper should've heavily favored the Lizards and looked a deadly match for the Norse. But, the Norse smuggled in a bunch of steel claws and did their damage whole-heartedly! And out-casualtied the stronger Lizards by 5. They caused 6 BH's, an MNG, and a niggle.

A 1-0 victory ensured the Lizards would move on to the Final Four, but it will be a tough match-up against a 2100 Vampire team. The Lizards will be getting 480k in inducements, which will help them still have the chance to make it to the qualifying finals. But they will have to do it without a MB, Block Saurus and the Guard, SF, BT Kroxigor as they will be sitting on the sidelines acting like cheerleaders for this match.

The action starts live at 20:00 Server time on Thursday 5-21, come and watch to see if the Lizards advance again or get stopped short. We shall see soon enough...

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
 Jump to: