22 coaches online • Server time: 02:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How old are you?
0-15
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
16-17
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
18-21
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
22-25
8%
 8%  [ 14 ]
26-30
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
31-35
22%
 22%  [ 35 ]
36-40
22%
 22%  [ 35 ]
41-45
13%
 13%  [ 21 ]
46-52
6%
 6%  [ 10 ]
53-60
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
61-70
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
71-85
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
>86
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
don't want to tell
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 156

Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Removed by admin

Last edited by Dominik on %b %09, %2016 - %03:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, guys ... can't we just play Blood Bowl and be friends? Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Guys, guys ... can't we just play Blood Bowl and be friends? Wink

Yes, you voted already?
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik, I am telling you right now - dont you judge my dad or anyone else I know due to their belief. YOU have bad experience with muslims. Fair enough. But muslims are not taught as you say here, I know first handed. You are seriously twisted in that little head of yours...
almic85

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Dom, I think you are confusing the fact that some people are arsehats with the fact that some people are Muslim, when the two factors are not mutually inclusive.

This is probably exacerbated by the area that you grew up in and live in having a lot of conflict and tension that was "easily" identifiable as being a difference in religion alone when it is a difference in cultures (regardless of religion) that causes the tension.

I grew up in an suburb in Australia where 60-70% of the people in the suburb are Lebanese Muslims (or descendants), 20-30% were Macedonian Orthodox and less than 10% were other (i.e. White Australian, Indigenous, Asian, etc.). From growing up with these other cultures I can guarantee you that most of my Muslim mates do exactly the same thing as my other mates such as drink alchohol, eat pork, have premarital sex, etc.

Most of my Aussie mates who grew up in different suburbs all have the same opinion that Lebanese/Muslim people (they are synonymous in Sydney) are trouble makers and should be deported. This is especially true of the ones that don't actually have any Lebanese/Muslim friends.

You have to get past the idea of blaming an entire culture for being different or for the actions of a few and concentrate on either accepting people as individuals. If you don't it stops that cultures future generations from joining and enriching your own culture.

With regards to females in Muslim countries having to cover themselves most Western cultures, while not as prudish, are still pretty prudish when it comes to sexuality and nudity.
Most Western cultures have trouble accepting the idea of breastfeeding in public.
Most Western Cultures have trouble accepting seeing female nipples and breasts, but are ok with male bare chests.
Most Western Cultures have only recently (last 50 years) allowed men into hospitals during birth because it was unacceptable for a man to see that part of a woman.
Most Western Cultures are developing issues with infant nudity based on the increase in awareness of child abuse.

I can go on with the number of issues that Western culture still has with gender, but it is safe to say that no culture is nor will ever be perfect in terms of gender equality or any type of equality really. The pursuit of equality is itself peculiar to Western culture anyway, but that is a whole separate argument.

If you're interested join the Fringe
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets get to the root of all of this from Dominik's POV. He literally can't help himself in being xenophobic because it's in their cultural DNA. Hitler could only ever have been an Austrian, no one denies this. To this day it's uncertain if many or any Austrians are actually decent people and I think the only times they seemingly are is in spite of their inherent Austrianess.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Dominik, I am telling you right now - dont you judge my dad or anyone else I know due to their belief. YOU have bad experience with muslims. Fair enough. But muslims are not taught as you say here, I know first handed. You are seriously twisted in that little head of yours...

And he wonders in bad faith why there aren't more Muslim players on Fumbbl. Certainly the 800 lb Nazi Gorilla crapping up threads doesn't help.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Removed by admin
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think "How old are you?" Is a very pertinent question right now........

DLE College 7s
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

GJ Dom, turning a stupid thread into an even more retarded shit piece. Locked.
 Jump to: