31 coaches online • Server time: 11:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i like torture. does that make me sick? or just "interesting"....?

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It makes you submissive Wink

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Archevol

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Emphasy's crazy research killz you all!

Yeah; but other people can do the same research:

Emphasy:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2838962

And you too pythrr:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2834926

So it's pretty widespread, I guess.

Hey - and just to save you all looking the two concessions I've ever made were followed by me binning the team.

Not so much 'death or glory'; more 'god I'm sick of the sound, sight and use of this team!' Cool
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe Archevol.

I think you missed the point, I only found those concessions because the very same people think it should be reason for a ban or equal for conceding.

I think, as I wrote earlier in the post, that conceding is just fine for me.

But if you took your time to actual read the post instead of trying to act smart about something, you clearly know nothing of, you would see the point in the links i pasted:)

Nice try though young one:)
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
JHassler wrote:
HAha.. great previous post! Sad to hear that people start a game knowing that it is about the enjoyment of BOTH parties and quit when they feel it is getting boring.

It's amazing how the anti-concede faction always uses this argument - and always ignoring its full implications.

As you quite clearly stated, it is about BOTH parties having fun, but yet you insist on enforcing a state of prolongued NOT having fun on one party. Kindof like establishing a rule PRO torture.

Is it really comparable to torture? Other arguments for concession I can agree with and would support fully, but if someones personal worth is that tied to their teams/CR, I would think some perspective is needed.

It is a game in the end, I would suggest coaches who find their emotions too tied to a team find a masochist inside themselves and build a fling team and see just how beat up they can get it. Make a deal with the flings 6 permanent injuries and they can retire alive Smile If CR is a primary concern do it in L or A and give those guys easy teams to beat on.

I guess I just look at it as if I'm playin the game with my buddies. If my team is gettin trashed that means his team is doing well, so I'll cheer for his good fortune.

Yes I know Im speaking from a 141 CR so obviously that's not my focus. And I would say 140-142 CR is prolly pretty accurate how I play.

here is my concession I had something come up I had to deal with immediately mid game and offered my opponent to pick it up later or a concession if he wanted.

I have been diced (which is hard to tell from when I'm just playing that poorly), I have definitely diced others, but that's just part of the game. Smile, I imagine that's why there is all the wry color commentary in the rulebooks.
Archevol

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Hehe Archevol.

I think you missed the point, I only found those concessions because the very same people think it should be reason for a ban or equal for conceding.

I think, as I wrote earlier in the post, that conceding is just fine for me.

But if you took your time to actual read the post instead of trying to act smart about something, you clearly know nothing of, you would see the point in the links i pasted:)

Lol! *miaouw!*

Hey Emph! Do not be concerned; I was not intending to be snide, so put your handbag away! I just fancing joining the bandwagon of back-match browsing for a bit of light entertainment. I'm doing unpaid overtime at work on a Saturday afternoon, so please forgive my failure to spend more than ten seconds reading the comments.

And I certainly don't need to act smart, when the pudding is so eminently proofed. Cool

It's pretty clear that many coaches have conceded because the game just isn't fun. Despite protestations from others, it's very widespread. So, as long as there's a reason other than just 'because', or due to cheating, I don't think it should be such a problem.

The only place I think it is an issue, is when subsequent games are affected when something is on the line - tournaments, leagues, etc. But that's been eloquently covered already.

Last edited by Archevol on %b %07, %2009 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Hehe Archevol.

I think you need to get off your moral high horse! Nobody is perfect. The admins are hard at work enforcing the rules, and all they cop is flak, because of their own past transgressions. They are not even the ones inventing the rules (at least in theory).

I mean, its like saying that a cop can't enjoy a little blow in his or her spare time, just because he or she arrests people for that while they are working.

Are we all so judgmental in todays society? Did not some hippy dude once say:

"Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

And

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"

Please, lets all have a bit more respekt.

Oscar Wilde
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod??

What high horse? First of all, I never claimed anyone to be perfect. second I didnt attack admins here, only people who ranted about people shouldnt concede for nothing, when they concede for nothing themself...

If you dont know what this is about, why even bother to write something completely out of context?

So please little Grod, read up before you start attacking:)

Archevol: LOL! Just because you dont have the time to read things thru, doesnt mate it a legal excuse:)

I could post your concessions here, and they would have as much meaning as any I ever did:D
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Grod??

What high horse?

I don't know. Maybe its a poney? Or a donkey? Or a nice flash sports car? What's wrong with horses anyways?

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
Grod??
. second I didnt attack admins here, only people who ranted about people shouldnt concede for nothing, when they concede for nothing themself...

Well, erm, that was mostly some admins...

Oscar Wilde
Archevol

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:

I could post your concessions here, and they would have as much meaning as any I ever did:D

Indeed you could, so I shall for you:

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2564554

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2562434

Not ashamed in the slightest, because they were both taking me in a direction I didn't want to go with BB. In both cases, team retired shortly afterwards. I really liked the skaven, so gave it a couple more tries. However, that didn't go at all well, so...

Mutual apologies (hopefully) offered and accepted. Certainly didn't mean to rile anyone. Down Grod, down!

Last edited by Archevol on %b %07, %2009 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Archevol wrote:
Down Grod, down!

GrodEnjoyingSomeWineAndWonderingWhyAnyoneIsTakingHimSeriously...

Oscar Wilde
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the hate aimed where it belongs ppl....at the admins that make up the anal rules as they see fit!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Archevol wrote:
Emphasy wrote:

Lol! *miaouw!*

\o/

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Archevol

Post 18 Posted: Nov 07, 2009 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
Keep the hate aimed where it belongs ppl....at the admins that make up the anal rules as they see fit!

hehe.... You just wanted to say 'anal'...

Honestly, I wouldn't want their role. Balancing their own requirements for entertainment (they are supporting players after all) with regular abuse just doesn't seem like a lot of fun to me.

They're allowed an opinion too. Sure, they have more power to assert that opinion, but I can't see that being any different to any other site to which I've contributed regularly. In fact, they're pussycats by comparison to some others.

And I've heard they suck at BB too...
 Jump to: