15 coaches online • Server time: 08:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HunterX

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
it's better than most i've seen, and i'm glad someone is coming up with ideas that are actually applicable to the GW universe, and not something retarded that has no ties (cephalapods anyone?...)

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/gaming/seamonsters/tentacle.htm - great concept (can we unofficially extrapolate from this?)
http://dougram.battletechnology.org/TableTopGaming/GamesWorkshop/ManOWar/ManOWar.htm - hmmm. Is this official?

Is this substantial enough for you to shut the hell up? Is GW the only one with creativity? Are you that much of a fanatic that everything MUST come from the source? Call them something else if you don't like it, or just pretend you don't see it. I've been the recipient of enough of your bile now. If you have any decency just go away. I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of seeing your trollish postings.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well....

Shadow is right on most of the points:

1.) Orko's idea is good. This is not an overpowered team.
2.) Bray Herd is applicable to the warhammer universe. HunterX, that card indicates that the Kraken can make a 2 dice attack against crew. Meaning in one turn, it is capable of slaying what is supposed to indicate roughly 20 guys. The cephalapods really don't fit in with Bloodbowl.
3.) Orko has taken it all in stride. I for one would like to see the Bray Herd made into a Stunty race.

__Synn
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I´d like to start of by saying that that I have no wish to make some sort of superteam (as some teams I have seen proposed).
One of the basic guidelines when proposing a new team to be considered is (I believe) the simple question; would I myself play with and more importantly play against this team at TR100, TR150 and TR200.
In this case I´d say yes but I´m definately not adversed to hearing what others think about it.
So heres a couple of answers to the latest imput.

@johan. I think you mean Eshin showed us to be supercareful about 4 daggers and ma8 st2 ag4, not ma6 st3 ag3, right? Smile
Last I checked it was a world of difference between ma8 ag4 and ma6 ag3 but as I am quite drunk atm I might be mistaken and/or come of as rude and niether is my goal. =)
You might have a point though as I have no intent to make some sort of uber-goaling team but a nice fluffy team with no BG´s (st5guys that is) that can be built in different ways depending on coaching syle.
I do not however consider ma6 ag3 st3 with the BG neg-trait to be that dependable, I mean pickups alone is failing one out of three with no RR and the average stunty will get a twodice-block with two assists (a more risky onedice with only one and concidering they have niether general or agility access thats a 50%chance of a knockdown) but I might be mistaken.

@Killhouse. I´m sorry but please try to give some advise/criticism instead of just saying it´s an awful idea, it realy would be much more constructive. Open discussion is a much better way to come up with something new and exiting than bashing and random naysaying.

@Shadow 46x2. Thanks for the compliment. Do you have some ideas for improvement or do you think it looks good as it is? Also. Don´t take it the wrong way but I think (or at least hope) Killhouse had some idea how to improve the Bray Herd with his comment so please don´t point out his previous post as that usually is a sure recepie to start unconstructive flamewars and I´m sure we all are pretty fed up with those, right? I have to thank you for the links though as I really enjoy looking at other peoples ideas for new teams. Smile

@HunterX. Hehe, you´re not the only one to have played Man o´War Smile Great fluff and a cool idea but sadly a horribly broken game, (atleast in my local gaminggroup). It is however beside the point of this thread to discuss Man o´War or it´s possible application on the Stunty Leeg here on Fumbbl. If you have a comment on topic I´d love to hear it as all imput is good imput.

Thats it for now as I feel I´m going to pass out any minute now Smile
Thanks for reading and especially thanks for the constructive criticism.
//orko_oskar
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

@Synn.
1 Thanks, the idea is as previously stated not to make an uberteam.
2 Youre right. The Kraken do exist in the warhammerworld and I like Cthulhu as much as the next guy but I do believe that particular discussion belongs in the cephalapods thread. =)
3 Again thanks again for the compliment. I also would like the chance to thank you for your previous imput about the team. I think that realy made it better and more in line with the rest of the stunty teams. I did honestly not see the slaangor as a scorer but a blitzer and you made a good correction.

//orko_oskar, who feels he should stop sounding like a kissup and pass out already =)
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

first off....hunter....

no i'm not riding your nuts at all(and for the record, you have gotten nowhere near any amount of "bile" or any other sort of venom that i'm capable of spewing out, like some people here have, so get over yourself), i'm just tired of seeing people spouting off about their non-canonical teams, begging for attention and wishing their tripe would become league teams...

sure there's a kraken in the GW universe....

do you grasp how HUGE a kraken is?....it would take up the freaking pitch...

need a point of literary reference?....10,000 leagues under the sea? ring a bell?

but since you're so adamant about bringing down pitch-flattening monsters on the field, why don't we make a new rule that chaos can summon khorne, nurgle, tzeenth, and slaanesh themselves?....i mean...seems rational, give your arguments, don't you think?

i'm sure there's all sorts of creatures in the BB universe that have never even been touched on...earthworms!! how bout dung beetles?...maybe fire ants!! oh i know!!! HEAD LICE..i'm so going to make a team about head lice...

but tell me, do *ANY* of these teams have any relevance to the universe, or any ties to lore other than "sure they exist"?...*NO*...

so yes, for the record, i am enough of a "fanatic" to think that everything involved a game should have some relevance to the source material....what's the point in playing blood bowl if i'm going to make a team called "new england patriots"?....why don't i just go play fantasy football in that case? the whole point of having canonical teams in the BB universe, is so i can play BB, and feel like the teams i'm using are tied to the lore of the universe...why is that such a bad thing?

so yes, i think your idea for cephalapods is ridiculous, and idiotic...sue me...again, you ask for public opinion on your team, i give my opinion...don't like it? why don't you take your own advice and (i quote) "just pretend you don't see it"?...

but back on topic...(sorry orko)

suggestions? i don't really have too many, i think the roster is a pretty nice one...

the only thing that rubs me the wrong way a little is the big guy trait on st3 players...the fact that they lack G access, limits them already, and making them st3/bg just cripples them, imo...

look at the mechavermin for example...a similar player, without the huge crippling of inability to use rerolls....

an st5 in a stunty league that doesn't need rerolls, while still a small disadvantage, isn't gamebreaking...

st3 in an st2 league could be very detrimental....

--j

ImageImage
Craftnburn

Post 12 Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea a lot but I agree with Synn on some things (I can't believe I said that! Shocked).

Maybe:
0-16 Ungor 5 2 3 6 Stunty, Dodge, Horns Ph/S 40k
0-2 Gor 6 3 3 8 Wild Animal, Horns Ph/G/S 60K
0-1 Minotaur 5 5 2 8 BG, WA, Frenzy, Horns, MB, Thick Skull, TTM, Always Hungry Ph/S 110K

I like the idea of S access on the Ungors, Guard fits their Herd nature, but I don't understand Agility access really. I see Ungors as Stunty yes, but not especially agile. I like the idea of a Mino on the team for theme reasons and the Gors fill the middle ground. WA makes ball handling with the Gors tricky, though no BG helps moderate that.
Rugzif

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a great idea! and i agree with the dropping of the BG on the khorne-/tzeen-/slaan- gors, maybe even drop their AG to 1.
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

@shadow46x2. Thanks for your thoughts on this but I think that by removing BG on them they would be way to reliable, especially as scorers. Keep in mind that the Mechavermin has ma4 and bonehead as well as G-access. Making a team too good is a fault I´ve seen time and time again around here and is usually a good way to be ignored or flamed to smithereens.

@Craftburn. While S on stuntys is a fun thought to play arould with I honestly think it would be horribly broken after about 10 games. As for the rest I´m afraid I have to repeat myself. The idea behind the team was to have fragile linos with a couple of different non-st5-positionals to make a team a little more versitile than many others. Not max out the positionals and stock up on the BG´s but a team where you have to descide how you want to play as early as team creation.
I know the mino fits fluffwise so mabye a really expensive mino Star could work?
As for agreeing with Synn theres nothing wrong with that, I´ve done it too on occation Smile

@Rugzif. Thanks for the compliment. Dropping ag to 1 could work if the reason was to also drop the BG. But what would that give us but a more reliable blitzer. Keep in mind that BG does not mean they are big but is used as a gamemechanic to prevent them from using RR´s. This is done to make them more unreliable at all they do, not just the ballhandling (though the ballhandling of the followers of slaanesh is quite legendary Wink).
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

orko_oskar wrote:
@Craftburn. While S on stuntys is a fun thought to play arould with I honestly think it would be horribly broken after about 10 games. As for the rest I´m afraid I have to repeat myself. The idea behind the team was to have fragile linos with a couple of different non-st5-positionals to make a team a little more versitile than many others. Not max out the positionals and stock up on the BG´s but a team where you have to descide how you want to play as early as team creation.
I know the mino fits fluffwise so mabye a really expensive mino Star could work?
As for agreeing with Synn theres nothing wrong with that, I´ve done it too on occation Smile

I'm not so sure about 10 games.. with no G access for sure hands, block, or tackle and no MB for cas they won't have that many opportunities for spp.

I understand your wanting to avoid the standard ST5 Big Guy idea, but I think it just makes too much sense for a Mino to be on the team to avoid it just for that interesting but somewhat arbitrary concept. Plus if the 0-2 choice of 4 is an issue (I have no idea if it is or isn't) then this would eliminate that problem.

Also you didn't comment on my Gor suggestion. I think the WA on them limits their ability to dominate Ball control with their ST3 AG3 G access. Plus the WA fits the fluff of less disciplined Gors vs Beastigors (aka Chaos Beastmen).
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I do really like the team from a rules point of view and would love to see them added to stunty. I also think some of your ideas would work as new team for regular Bloodbowl.

however from a fluff point of view Ungors shouldn't have horns or stunty, they are only slightly smaller than the average man and nowhere near as small as a goblin.

also the very point of ungors is that they don't have very prominent horns, that's why they are ungors. plenty of players in bloodbowl have spiked helmets and getting headbutted by a human with a metal helmet with spikes on it would be far worse than the pathetic bumbs on an ungors head. Sorry to be a pedant but I think your team has more merit as a regular BB team than a stunty team.

make ungors more like human catchers, add a blitzer as centigors and/or bestigors and a mino and it'd be a cool team. maybe some sort of tiny mutant beastman team for stunty would work too, as horns is new for them

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2007 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

orko_oskar wrote:
@shadow46x2. Thanks for your thoughts on this but I think that by removing BG on them they would be way to reliable, especially as scorers. Keep in mind that the Mechavermin has ma4 and bonehead as well as G-access. Making a team too good is a fault I´ve seen time and time again around here and is usually a good way to be ignored or flamed to smithereens.

agreed, and i meant to touch on that as well in my post but it fell out of my head in my "screw you" rantings....sorry bout that Sad

the catch with the mecha, is bone head isn't anywhere near as crippling as big guy is...

i don't know the GW fluff behind brays, so is there any other fluffy negatives that could be applied to the gors without completely crippling them?

--j

ImageImage
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2007 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

@Craftburn. Ok, 10 games is mabye overreacting but I think that in the long run s-access will be a bit much.
The mino is imho not nescesary ruleswise. While it is correct fluffwise a lot of things can be used based on fluff but sometimes fluff has to take the backseat. Mabye a minotaur starplayer could work.
WA might actually be better than BG to limit them, gonna take a think about that one.

@spubbba. Thanks for the compliment. I do know that ungor technically have small horns but sometimes you have to locck the other way with the fluff to make a better idea.

@shadow46x2. As suggested by Craftburn WA might be better to use than BG.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

orko_oskar wrote:

Rerolls:70k
Apo: yes

<b>0-16 Ungor</b>
The meat and bones of all Bray Herds.
Rather ordinary stuntyplayers with the usual low strength and armour.
While some teams have armourvalues of 7 on the bulk of the team I feel
the unarmoured Ungors doesn´t merit that.
Ma-5 St-2 Ag-3 Av-6
Stunty, Dodge, Horns
Access-PhA
Cost-40k

I like this statlinemakes them agresive mobile blitzers something of a niche stunty hasn't had i agree with you on the str acces being overpowered str 2 guard lineos are way to much for stunty

orko_oskar wrote:

<b>0-1 Centigor</b>
Strong and durable but unpredictable to say the least.
While their constant drinking makes them rather dullwitted it also makes
them fearless enough to go up against any foe.
Ma-6 St-4 Ag-2 Av-9
BG, Sprint, Dauntless, Thick Skull, Very Stupid, Always Hungry (or rather Always Thirsty only for fluff)
Access-S
Cost-100k
Possible look:
ImageImage

this looks good although not sure that WA wouldn't be better for them

orko_oskar wrote:

<b>0-2 Dedicated Gors.</b>
A bit like the ogres on the Gnoblar team you get to have <b>up to two dedicated Gors chosen among these four types</b>.
While they are only ST3 they, like the Centigor, have the Big Guy Negative trait.

this is where it breaks down for me i would eiter add a mino or up the centigors to 2

and with the removal of those you could add in a killer stunty

0-2 ungor heroes 6237 stunty dodge horns G A Ph

orko_oskar wrote:

<b>Starplayers</b>
I´m not sure if they really need a starplayer but here goes anyway.

The Spawn of Chaos/ The Blessed One
None can remember his name so he is only called The Spawn (or The Blessed One if a more personalised name is better).
Rumored to have once been a mighty Beastlord on his path to deamonhood this wretched soul fell from grace.
This pitiful heap of mutated flesh is sometimes dragged from his lair in the outskirts of the Darkwald Forest and brought to the bloodbowlfield in chains to be unleashed upon the herds haples foes.

Ma-3 St-5 Ag-1 Av-9
Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Tentacles, Foul Appearance, Very Long Legs, Two Heads, Extra Arms, OFAB (with no thralls this makes him as unpredictable as the Spawn of Chaos he is)
Cost-90k? (I really have no idea what is reasonable for a player such as this)

Might give them a Mino as well for Fluff reasons. How about Grashnak for about 30k more?

of course they should have stars though i think the spawn would be better represented as a ball and chain say mv4 str5 ag3 av9 block mb ball and chain

or you could put in 4 beastmen stars to represent the 4 chaos gods
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2007 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this team. Unfortunately I also like my teams...

I'd drop the different powers approach, it was nice but it sounds like it's gonna have to be dropped before it makes it onto FUMBBL however nice it is. might as well remove it now.

I like the idea of wild animal on bestigors/gors. It makes them less likely to handle the ball and when they get it they're unlikely to either score (what do they care?) or hand it to a friendly player (they picked it up after all, why not keep it?).

btw, the four stars, one for each power idea is very nice.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
orko_oskar

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2007 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally got around to lose the Pestigor (as Nurgle already has a team) and changing BG to WA for the Dedicated Gors.
Wish I had computerskills to add it to the Compendium though as was suggested by people even in it´s first (pre G-removal) incarnation.
 Jump to: