39 coaches online • Server time: 16:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fleetfoot's Revenge may have been seen stumbling around the Open, but that's only because they're on a month long drinking binge, which they're funding by shaking down tourists. In their place cries of 'tally-ho', 'rather' and 'good egg' have been echoing around the training camp -usually followed by the sound of teeth shattering.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=586385
Aldar

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

After their not quite succesfull appearance at the FC the Tigers http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=481193 went into a hard training camp , rumors say in these training camp illegal substances where used to pump up the chances but Naila the upcoming star lion warrior dismiss such rumors as just that...rumors
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>In some tunnels, presumably close to Skavenblight.</b>

Spirox: <i>Iz u shure iz dis waj?</i>
Sniikriit: <i>Yes-yes! Its right this way-way!</i>
Spirox: <i>Wez bin walkin’ in dem tunnuls for dajs… Wez haz too be dere for da draw. Or boss will feedz uz to
da Trollz. And wez dunt likes dat!</i>
Sniikriit: <i>Your boss-boss paid-paid me well. So I will get you there. If the fat-fat gobbo hadn’t got stuck-
stuck and blocked the tunnel, we would already have been there.</i>
Vickerz: <i>I iz not fat! I iz big-boned! *Sniff*</i>
Zoltan: <i>U iz fat! An if uz dunt muv fasta, I foulz u in da next game… In uz eye!</i>
Uji: <i>U foulz ‘im? ’Im iz on uz team...</i>
Spirox: <i>SHAT UP! Allz of u! If u not shat up, I feedz u to da tollz, befoo Boss canz do eet!</i>
Uji: <i>I iz not foodz…</i>
Spirox: <i>Wez all foodz, if wez not dere for da draw. Boss said dat dem trollz, iz not haz foodz for many dajs.
So dem iz very hungy!</i>
Gaix: <i>Dem iz always hungry… *shivers*</i>

<b>To be continued…</b>

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well there are rumors that some young chaos dwarfs want to join.
and not because they want mutations
or cheese
or candies
or pie
or hookers
no they want to get their lazy old niggled arrogant bulls killed !
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Legends describe the origin of the Lizards of ¥umtum Mountain, but what is often forgotten is how they truly became a team.

It was one year ago, during the '09 Warpstone Open. WindexChugger, a new coach from region of 'Eastern Yu-Essae', had brought with him his team of Vikings. The Vikings had a rough time on the roads to Skavenblight, facing several plagues (as described on their team bio); when they finally arrived at the Warpstone Open, they were beaten already. Moral was low, players were injured; the team was falling to pieces. While coaching in the Warpstone Open was great fun, WindexChugger had no shot at glory, and the Vikings were defeated in their first game against some crazy 'Fighting Hellfishes.' The Viking Bruisers returned back to Yu-Essae to train until they were truly ready for the 'big leagues.'

His team was limping back home, but WindexChugger was having too much fun to follow them. He looked up the team rosters and selected a few pro teams that needed new coaching.

After being laughed for thinking he could coach such pro teams, he checked the new teams. The only team not spoken for was some insane, back-water, tribal Lizardmen. WindexChugger had tried Lizardmen in the famous "Black Box" and had enjoyed them even more than his Norsemen. He would give it a try; would these tribesmen even be teachable? WindexChugger would find out.

And thus the Tribe of the Lizards of ¥umtum Mountain became a true Blood Bowl team. Out of the chaos and destruction of the Warpstone Open the team was created. Now, a year later, they have returned to their birthplace. It's been a long road filled with horrors. Many great Lizards have fallen, but the team has survived.

-----------------

And here we are, a mere hour before the draw. The long awaited Lizards of ¥umtum Mountain have finally made it to Skavenblight. They aren't quite as strong as they were a week or two ago, but they certainly will put up a fight.

There has been quite a lot of tragedy surrounding the Lizard's attempt at preparing for the Warpstone Open. Many have concluded that Nuffle must have some burning hatred towards the Lizards (or their secret quest), but Coach WindexChugger had this to say as he signed up for the Warpstone Open:

WindexChugger wrote:
Some days Nuffle hates you, other days you just can't fail. I just hope the team plays as well as they have these last two games and, more importantly, their opponents do the same!

While no one but true ¥umtum fans have bet on the Lizards, they are here and they will be playing in the Warpstone Open.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread rocks!!!

BTW Go Lizards!!!
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford reporting from the WO main draw**

Well Fumbbl fans the main draw is coming up tonight. The teams are slowly making their way to the draws main stage and the place is all qustions. No one actually knows how many qualifier groups there will be, how many teams in each qualifier, how many Skaven teams are going to get the "free pass" and just a lack of knowledge on anything. It seems this mystery will be solved in a few hours and all I can do is just hope it does not break out in anarchy once the brackets are set. There are allready mumblings in the crowd about some qualifiers will be rigged and that some teams are going to get an easy path to the main draw and we are going to get screwed. You know? typical blood bowl coaches bitching endlessly about nothing they have control over.

Well we will just have to wait and see out it all shakes out and get ready for some blood bowl.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking out at the seas near skavenblight, it was clear that there was something happening, as larger and larger ships appeared on the horizon, as they drew closer, it became clear that these were the ships of ulthuan, bringing the finest high elves (or at least those mad enough to risk the exposure to warpstone that would be inevitable) to play at the Warpstone Open.

Among those ships was one that was noticed for being particularly fine and well made. As it made dock it became clear this was the ship of the High Princes.

An "elite" team that only drew from the ranks of ulthuan's nobility.
However, despite this their coach still maintains a deep sense of irony, by naming their captain 'King' even though the only king they recognise is the Phoenix king of Ulthuan.

Their limited recruitment pool means that they are not neccessarily the finest team on the pitch, despite the fact that they act like they are when off it.

In fact, their weaknesses have made their coach wonder if the Gray Seers will even recognise their arrival as a team for the Tournament.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh great some struting High Elves! I can just feel the "Fun" of the WO being sucked into the void with these guys around. They better hope those nice looking ships of theirs are not "deep 6" by the end of the week. You know the Buccaneers just got 2 new long guns on their flag ship, they have been itching to try them out and they have 2 new recruits that are really "green". Those shiny new, LARGE ships would do nice for some practice rounds, and bigger than the broadside of a barn, the perfect practice target.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:

In fact, their weaknesses have made their coach wonder if the Gray Seers will even recognise their arrival as a team for the Tournament.

Oh they will be recongised. You cant miss them! The real question is will the Gray Seers want to deal with a bunch of struting, high flauting, high elves running around their signature tournament.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The Danish Bandits awoke from the slumber to come out to join the fun.

The rumours says that their team captain Mobo is growing old and wants to take a lot more trophies before he retires.

They are looking forward to the draw but first they feast on some unlucky skavens, elves and humans and drink the town empty of dwarf ale
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Other Lizards wish to have some Fun, Star player Annete Olzon 2 could easily pose a threat to even the strongest teams, provided she plays!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=588054
nazgob

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

From deep in the desert, the Slaves of the Ziggurat approach. Rather than blood or victory the Slaves have heard tales of a strange glowing rock deep in the mines. Lead by their one of their founders, Hraz Krackoom, they plan to enter the city of Skavenblight and abscond with some of the precious rock.

No comment has yet been recieved by the seers.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Still somewhere in some tunnels presumably under Skavenblight.</b>

Uji: <i>Iz uz dere jet?</i>
Sniikriit: <i>No-no but soon…</i>

<b>About 2 seconds later…</b>

Uji: <i>Iz uz dere jet now?</i>
Sniikriit: <i>Gah! Stupid-stupid gobbos! Be quiet-quiet.</i>

<b>About 2 seconds later…</b>

Uji: <i>Iz uz de…! *SMACK*</i>
Sniikriit: <i>Now shut-shut up!</i>
Vikerz: <i>Hey! Iz mah frend! *THUMP* *KAPOW*</i>
Spirox: <i>Nooo! Wez needz ‘im!</i>
Zoltan: <i>HA HA! *SPLOOSH* Woops!</i>
Spirox: <i>Idiots! Why did uz keelz ‘im? He was helpings uz get out!</i>
Vikerz: <i>‘Im ‘it Uji! Uji iz mah frend!</i>
Spirox: <i>Jes but why haz u foulzed ‘im Zoltan?</i>
Zoltan: <i>Erhm… He waz down… An Boss, sayz I foulz when dey iz down.</i>
Spirox: <i>U iz all stoopid gitz! I hatez u! We needzed dad rat, to get uz out… We iz not gonna getz dere in time for da draw. An boss will feedz uz to dem Trollz. Iz not good… Iz not good… Wez haz to hurry! Come diz waj me tinks…</i>

<b>Many hours pass.</b>

Gaix: <i>Iz diz Skavenblight?</i>
Spirox: <i>Iz rats evrywherez, so must be.</i>
Vikerz: <i>I iz hungy.</i>
Spirox: <i>Shat up! Wez needz to find boss and da campz. Dere be plenty foodz.</i>
Vikerz: <i>Iz so hungy… *Sniff*</i>
Uji: <i>Kapten Spirox, why iz dem rats wif blades commin’ over ‘ere?</i>
Spirox: <i>Wat?</i>
Brizzikk: <i>Are you the Low-low Few?</i>
Spirox: <i>Erhm… No wez iz da Low Few!</i>
Brizzikk: <i>Yes-yes the Low-low Few?</i>
Spirox: <i>No no no! Wez iz da Low Few… Low Few!</i>
Brizzikk: <i>The Low-low Few… Right-right?</i>
Spirox: <i>No wez iz not da Low-low Few! U stoopid rat! Wez iz da LOW FEW!</i>
Brizzikk: <i>Yes-yes Low-low Few…</i>
Spirox: <i>NO! NO! Uz iz so dumb dat uz motha iz a Troll!</i>
Brizzikk: <i>Gah! I think-think its them. They-they are as stupid as the Boss-boss gobbo said they would be.</i>
Spirox: <i>Wat! I iz not stoopid! I iz Kapten Spirox of da Low Few, an wez will not takes dis from u rat gitz!</i>
Brizzikk: <i>That’s it! Haul-haul these pieces of Rat Ogre dung-dung, back to the player camps.</i>

<b>A little later.</b>

Spirox: <i>We iz ‘ere! Now letz uz go u nasty rats!</i>
Boss: <i>Aboot time u freakin’ gits! Uz iz all gonna bez Troll fodda when I be dones wif u!</i>
Spirox: <i>No no Boss! We iz ‘ere… Not feedz dem Trollz. Pleaze… Pleaze…</i>
Boss: <i>Hrmpf! Gez it couldz be worse… Da draw haz bin mades, and wez got some good news an some bad news.</i>
Spirox: <i>Woz we play den?</i>
Boss: <i>Juzt some big ‘uns. Notin’ ta worry aboot. Iz no prolem…</i>
Spirox: <i>Big ‘uns? U meen Orkses?</i>
Boss: <i>Erhm… Jes.. well almost Orkses…</i>
Spirox: <i>Almost… Orkses… Iz small orkses?</i>
Boss: <i>Bigga orkses… An less gween… But notin’ to worry aboot… Nevamin’ dat.</i>
Spirox: <i>Bigga?!?! Iz bigga den orkses? Iz less gween… Dis zounds baad.</i>
Boss: <i>Well dem haz gobbos too… An dem is stoopid almost like trollz…</i>
Spirox: <i>Iz… Iz dem… Ogers?</i>
Boss: <i>Well… Erhm… Well… Dey iz… Yes Ogers…</i>
Spirox: <i>OGERS! Dem will smash uz like we iz flies… *Sniff*</i>
Boss: <i>Well dunt worry! Boss haz dis covert… I haz u know fought of stuff…</i>
Spirox: <i>Stuff?</i>
Boss: <i>Jes jes… We haz paid someonz to helpz us a littul bit.</i>
Spirox: <i>Huh?</i>
Boss: <i>U nitwit… I haz hired a cuppel uf guyz to helpz uz agenst dem ogers…</i>
Spirox: <i>Huh?</i>
Boss: <i>Iz u nomal dumb or really stoopid?</i>
Spirox: <i>I iz not dumb or stoopid! I iz da kapten…</i>
Boss: <i>Well den kapten... Meet ur new teammates den. Fungus! Bomber! And Nobbla git out ‘ere!</i>
Spirox: <i>Erhm boss…Iz dem u know… Can we truzt dem? I mean dem is not all nomal in dem headz…</i>
Boss: <i>Nevamin’ kapten… Juzt get da rest of da team ready. An let dese guyz do dere magiks…</i>
Spirox: <i>Dey canz magiks too…?</i>
Boss:<i> … … Spirox… U makes me hatez mah job… Now go awaj befoo I feed u to Dwok…An ‘e iz hungry u know… an mad since dere be no haflin’s ‘ere…</i>
Spirox: <i>Jes boss… But da magicks…</i>
Boss: <i>Go…</i>
Spriox: <i>But…</i>
Boss: <i>NOW!</i>
Spriox: <i>Jes boss!</i>

<b>The Low Few made it… So far…

And let’s se if they will make it a little further with a little help from some good friends.

The distinct smell of boiling Mad Cap soup, the smell of black powder and fuses and a distinct humming of a finely tuned chainsaw is spreading in the players camp…</b>

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2010 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The fans are fulminating with the rumour that a goblin team had the termerity to turn up ..but no one seems to know when they are going to take the field.