46 coaches online • Server time: 16:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2012 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I talked a bit with Kalimar about he get to work on a dungeonbowl back then. And most likely it is just a small addition to blood bowl. Most likely will be fun in the start, but then people will drift back to league, ranked and black box and stunty.

The time and effort to create it most likely not worth it IMO. Plus kalimar have said he would like to get all the cards working, so dont hold your breath for dungeonbowl.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

He is working on the special play cards for inducement? That could be great fun.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but not for [R] or [B], since they're under the optional rules in the book.

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2012 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Boo, though then again increasing the randomness isn't always a good thing as experience of the KO table shows.

But not even R or B tournaments?

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2012 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

nice dream - would hang around in the dungeon as often as i could Mr. Green
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyanide's Dungeonbowl has been available for a month now. Is anyone here playing it? Is it a success? What's to like? What's not to like? All I have so far is hearsay (such as a long overdue spectator mode - I wonder where the got THAT idea from)...
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Cyanide's Dungeonbowl has been available for a month now. Is anyone here playing it? Is it a success? What's to like? What's not to like? All I have so far is hearsay (such as a long overdue spectator mode)...

Haven't bought it or the other Cyanide junk. The beta was enough to turn me off. But I do follow the forums.

Cost is ridiculous for a 'bargain' game. 15 euro for 3 teams, but 6 euro for each set of two DLC teams after that. Looking at 40+euro to get a complete game.

Bugs. Same old bugs as Cyanide BB, plus many new ones. Game-breaking bugs they had in the original beta still exist. Plus many more new Dungeonbowl related bugs, including players stuck in walls.

Sync issues. Still tons of sync issues killing people's games with no acknowledgement from Cyanide on fixing the game.

DLC. Cyanide blamed a lot of stuff on Focus, but now they are on their own, they are having issues where people can't even buy the DLC because of their payment system. Seems Focus was only a part of the problem. Wink

People on the DB forum complain there are very few people online and can't get games often.

It's Cyanide for crying out loud. They're abysmal. This is, plain and simple, a money gouge. They have the models and basic code (as shitty as it is) and have put in some work to add dungeon and a dungeon editor and are trying to milk it for all they can.

So in short, ignore it. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmh. I was under the impression that the user base at least for Legendary Edition is pretty large. Considerably larger than ours here, in fact. I've also heard that LE is much better than the original version and they fixed a lot of issues. Is that wrong? Is Dungeonbowl a step back from that?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If the issue is user-base, I think there are three things to greatly improve ours:

1. The new client - Almost done this. Having all the skills will be great. If we can then add cards, it will be supreme.

2. Online & TT leagues - If I were Christer, which I am obviously not, I think the single biggest thing we could do to enhance FUMMBBL currently is to add the ability to have leagues that are TT/online hybrids and also exclusively TT leagues. I believe the site that handled a lot of TT leagues is now gone, and by offering the TT and hybrid solutions you bring in the core group of TT players who have traditionally foregone FUMBBL. This could be a big win for FUMBBL and sway a lot of the player base this way. This will lead some of them to start playing here on top of using FUMBBL to host their league results. I know there is some work to be done on this, but to me, it is way bigger than the new LFG or anything else.

3. Double-size (or scalable) client: The single biggest complaint I hear from friends and other new players coming to FUMBBL is the size of the icons and client. It is also the number one reason given by people playing Cyanide as to why they stick with a bug-riddled game versus coming here. If we had a client option with 60x60 (or larger) squares (versus 30x30) it would help immensely. The icons could look so much better too.

Last edited by WhatBall on %b %30, %2012 - %17:%Jul; edited 3 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

LE does have a big user base, and they fixed some bugs, so it is better than their original version, but there are still hundreds of bugs including some real game breakers like - if you catch your own kick off on a Blitz kick off result it causes the game to freeze. They have two forum threads on the subject. One of confirmed bugs which is about 11 pages long last time i checked and another of uncofirmed bugs which is even longer.

So yeah, silly amount of bugs still.

I havent played dungeon bowl but apparently it is similar standard to the original release, with a load of game breaking bugs etc...

will find the links. its pretty ridiculous tbh.

edit : here are their confirmed bugs - http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=100

here are their uncofirmed bugs - http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=580

Sycn errors - http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1213

as I say just ridiculous. cant understand why anyone would bother with that piece of poo tbh.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
as I say just ridiculous. cant understand why anyone would bother with that piece of poo tbh.

As I mentioned in point 3, it is a shiny piece of poo. People like shiny and get fooled by it.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It has some marketing. It is Blood Bowl, at least in name. And it is in 3d!
No wonder people play it. Whatball makes some good points, scalable client would be good. Some would like bigger and some (increasing) want to play on notebooks etc.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Shiney poo is still poo. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I play if only because it is the best way to play Dungeon Bowl atm. Ignoring the bugs and Cyanide the main pros/cons compared to regular BB are as follows (IMHO).

Pros:
1/ Claw pomb becomes far less useful as all ko's/bh's can be magic sponged back onto the pitch in two turns.
2/ Far more surfing fun which is always great, and now we get to surf into Lava
3/ There is always a chance. Due to the way the game plays even if you do lose 4 or 5 players early on the game can still often be saved with a lucky teleport etc.
4/ Mixed races make for more interesting builds
5/ General mayhem is far greater

Cons
1/ Can easily turn into a grind fest that takes forever.
2/ Plenty of cheesey tactics available that have yet to be exploited to a mass scale so are going unseen at the moment (try standfirm two players in a two space wide corridor, when they go down don't stand them up, now opnly leaping or fouling will get you past. Fouling with 1 assist is pretty likely to get you sent off before the player is removed)
3/ Secret weapons are an issue, there is no sending off yet.
4/ It is probably even more luck based the BB, so many rolls needed to do so many things that can destroy you (opening chests, teleporting, precarious rolls just to name a few)

All in all I am enjoying it, but I think it will soon come crashing down. Oh and if you do decided to play please don't get a roller, strange to think the most over priced player in BB is over powered in dungeon bowl.

Nickname in dungeonbowl is 'Lomi' for those that care
Gritter

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I bought it about a month ago, thinking 'only a tenner!' and I have kind of enjoyed it as I went in with very low expectations. That said it is VERY badly coded, right down to having issues actually clicking players, and not being able to see squares as the camera does not rotate in that way. I saw more advanced looking games in the 90's tbh!
Given other things you can but for a tenner, like half a cinema ticket in the UK... i would still say its ok value given how many games i played of it... but then cinema tickets are HORRENDOUSLY overpriced Sad

Verdict- worth a punt if you are bored.
 Jump to: