13 coaches online • Server time: 07:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

also, the much-quoted "..Until recently, Wizards could be hired as a permanent member of a team’s coaching staff..." means (IMO) that the wizard is still a member of a team's coaching staff, the change in his status is from permanent to freebooter, not from coaching staff member to something else.. open to interpretation of course, but that's the way I see it..
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:

nothing there says, or even implies that wizards are coaching staff...it said they USED to be

The fact that the wording says they used to be "permanent" members of a teams coaching staff, can mean that they are now temporary members. Otherwise why wouldn't they simply have said they "used to be members of a teams coaching staff" and left out the word permanent. So it can imply that they are still temporary members. That doesn't mean that they are, just that the wording is not clear.

"I used to be God Blessed."
Doesn't mean I am no longer blessed. I'm just no longer blessed by God. I might still be blessed by nuffle, but I also MIGHT be no longer blessed. We don't get enough info from the sentence.

"I used to be Blessed."
Does mean I am no longer blessed.

English, more words and less info. Smile

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
farung

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Or we could all just agree that the Mickey Finn result would be useful/fun if it allowed the temporary loss of apoth/wizard/whatever....
We DO want fun, don't we??
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

farung wrote:
Or we could all just agree that the Mickey Finn result would be useful/fun if it allowed the temporary loss of apoth/wizard/whatever....
We DO want fun, don't we??

Sure we do want fun but more than that we want the right LRB version, which includes possibility to loose apo+wiz
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

In our league, we use the alternative table, which has Mickey Finn wipe out ALL of the coaching staff, which does include Wizards, Apoth, cheerleaders, assistants and head (for arguing penalties purposes only).
Jahira

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

lol real albert einstein theories here ?
Khaan

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm certain I've heard from many old time players that you could MickeyFinn the head coach of undead teams (their necromancer) which in essence denied the 'regenerate' ability from all the undead on the team, since the head coach was where this ability stemmed from. In addition, the ability to raise a zombo from a killed enemy player would vanish by doing this.

As I'm not a long time Bloodbowl player I don't know where this came from. It might have been some alternative rules, but thought I would bring that up anyway.

The Boyz
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2004 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

um..isn't the Halfling Master Chef the new head coach of a halflin team, and thereby exempt from this rule?

Where did i leave that rules review..............

Post 7 Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Was just reading the PDF file for Nurgle teams on the BB website :

"Coaching Staff: Nurgle teams may not employ or use apothecaries, ... They may use other coaching staff or wizards that will work for Chaos..."

kind of confusing since wizards are listed under the heading of coaching staff but then it says 'coaching staff or wizards' but my opinion is that they should be considered as coaching staff Razz
patton_71

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

look..the real issue is that the handicap table is not being properly implemented by the client...until it is, it should either be disabled until it is completely implementable, or just accepted as is. the choice is yours....
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2004 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

"Until recently Wizards could be hired as a permanent member of a teams coaching staff."

What Skijunkie says above about the ambiguity of is true enough when taken alone, but...

"Until recently Wizards could be hired as a permanent member of a teams coaching staff. However, the colleges of magic soon became worried by this dreadful drain on their resources, and now coaches may only hire a wizard for a single match at a cost of 50,000gp. If you are playing by league rules, Wizards are hired at the same time as freebooters, and will only play for one game."

I see no ambiguity here. The explanation that follows explains that the change has affected the permanent nature of the Wizards only. It makes no mention of a change to the Wizards' role as a member of the coaching staff.

It doesn't say...
"However, the colleges of magic soon became worried by the tax implications of being employed as a coaching staff member..."

It makes direct reference to the change in permanency, which makes the first sentence a declaration that Wizards are indeed Coaching Staff (despite ambiguity elsewhere). Simple fact is, if you ain't a player, you're coaching staff. Isn't this obvious to everyone? There aren't any aspects of the team that aren't either one or the other...
The term "coaching staff" hasn't been extended to cheerleaders because of their coaching ability. It's because everyone who is not a player is coaching staff...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
some stuff

Twahn then wrote:
Simple fact is, if you ain't a player, you're coaching staff.

finally, Twahn also wrote:
some other stuff

my thoughts exactly, but far better worded =)
 Jump to: