49 coaches online • Server time: 20:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really understand the opposition to this.
Most arguments seem to revolve around the idea that smacks are not needed.
I don't like stunty. I think the idea to have fumbbl specific races has nothing to do with bloodbowl anymore.
Yet I'm not lobbying to remove stunty despite it not being very popular and draining members from other places.
The point is: If an idea is popular, people should have the opportunity to make use of it. If you just reject the idea of something because you personally don't want to use it, that pretty much just makes you a douche.

Seriously I have not heard one argument why blackbox shouldn't have (instant) smacks that even makes sense.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %23, %2012 - %15:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Woodstock: Fair enough. I really don't care if I get more tournaments! Very Happy

Smacks don't really fuss me per se, it'll just be nice to have more tourneys to enter. Can't wait to hear more about BBB.

An advantage of smack/sched smack style tournaments is that you enter again next week instead of waiting 3 months. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
oh look...this again...

--j

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21539&start=15

Last post. At least there's a reason for the discussion this time Wink.

why is there a reason for it?...because someone "heard a rumor"?....

despite the fact that all of those rumors are started by someone in the community who isn't even on the tournament staff?...

there's 3 people on this site who would know anything about the inner workings of the tournament scene...Purplechest, somertown, and myself...

if it didn't come from one of those 3 people...it's not gospel...

and half of the time, even if it did come from one of those sites, it's random musings that have little to no basis in what the team's real plan is...

--j

ImageImage
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in that specific case, the post I was referring to was by Purplechest, saying that BBB was a new tournament format for the Box.

Given I think the only tournament format that isn't in B and is in R is Smacks, I'm guessing the 'rumour' was someone leaping to conclusions from that post, and hence, a fair reason for the discussion, being as it was a recent post.

As Woodstock has said though, it's more pertinent to muse about what the format might be like.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ding ding ding! hitonagashi gets a cookie! Very Happy

--j

ImageImage
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
om nom nom
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah exactly, that's where i read it. I knew it was someone important writing it. The smack stuff, i must have heard somewhere else, and combined the info.

And Shadow... What sort of gameshow are you running where the first prize is a cookie.. that seems pretty low budget... Gief bbb spoilers plx!
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:

And Shadow... What sort of gameshow are you running where the first prize is a cookie.. that seems pretty low budget... Gief bbb spoilers plx!

Shadow has a crippling case of the fats. Him giving away any food is a cause for celebration! Very Happy

__Synn
uuni

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2012 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
The point is: If an idea is popular, people should have the opportunity to make use of it. If you just reject the idea of something because you personally don't want to use it, that pretty much just makes you a douche.

I find myself agreeing with this statement wholly.

@shadow46x2 re the other thread:

I guess the cat is out of the bag. Purplechest asked in IRC to start a rumour in the forum about BBB in order to gather viral interest for it. My thread is a viral ad for BBB.

I do not wish to face any repercussions that would arise beacuse I am doing as the people responsible for things ask me to. Thank you. :-I
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2012 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

slavery was a popular idea, and look how well that went over...

--j

ImageImage
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2012 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

stalin46x2 wrote:

--j

__Synn
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2012 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

--j

The real question is if shadow6439z5 would have rejected the idea of slavery back in 1676?
 Jump to: