25 coaches online • Server time: 01:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Erickan

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested to join. I am bb time +6 if still have international slots
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Draft selections will be made by choice and will adhere to the race restrictions found here: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7146

There has always been an unspoken rule that nobody takes a duplicate race. We obviously will have to start allowing duplicate races but we will restrict it to two types of each race max and only one type per conference.

While I'm talking I'll give you an idea of how this expansion will work. I already have 16 teams playing season VI (which started about 3 weeks ago). Once we have 16 coaches ready to play here we will hold a draft, create rookie TV 1000 teams, and start playing an actual NWFL season with just the 16 new coaches. Then the two conferences will merge together in season VII to create a full 32 team league.

We will then run the same exact format as the NFL with the only exception being that will only place a 14 game regular season (we will not play the two additional out of division conference games like they do).

The other change I've been considering making to the format is how teams are divided up during the pre-season. I have been toying around with the idea of grouping divisions by region/time zone but that will largely depend on the outcome of this recruitment.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So we draft our races? Sounds good. What will be the schedule, 1 game per week or something else?

I am an euro trash, but I understand that this is NA league and I am willing to play at NA hours. If it's 1 game per week or less, count me in.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll also go ahead and point out to our new International coaches that my expectaion will be that you will be availabe on the weekends REGULARLY as that will likely be the most ideal time to schedule against us NA coaches.
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi - it will be just one game a week required. If you can play ahead that's great, but I understand that the times will likely lag for you cross ponders. Wink
Apojar

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

All the races will be able to be drafted, or are we restricted by the current roster of coaches? If so, what races are already taken?
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

- All races will be open at the start of the draft.

- Once a race is selected it can not be selected again.

- Once the max percentage of a race "type" is reached no more races under that type may be selected (for 16 teams the max is 6). Race types can be found on that link I posted above.

That's it for the draft.

OH YEAH! I also forgot to mention that our league uses the "Right Stuff prevents tackle on a block" special rule. This is to encourage the use of stunty teams. So far Azure hs been the only one ballsy enough to venture down that path.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

WTF does that mean "prevent Block or Tackle"?

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

prevents "tackle on a block"

When a player with right stuff (a stunty) is blocked by a player with tackle a pow/push is treated as a normal push if that player also has dodge. Basically they're still allowed to use dodge if they have it. Right stuff negates tackle, dodge negates POW, block is treated like a push.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2012 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand, but is it possible to do that kind of stuff with the client?

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2012 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We currently use it in the original NWFL.
burgun824

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2012 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely. There are a number of optional game rules built into the client for [L] division. You can select them when you start a tournament.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2012 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I want gobbos or underworld!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2012 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I would guess that you shouldn't have a problem with that.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2012 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

You did not call out your daddy!?

You know I have played moar fumbbl than any human alive.

Check your stats sir.

I will clawpomb your mom in her mouth.. A lot.

Anyway... sure I will play another league.. why not?
 Jump to: