27 coaches online • Server time: 08:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scaramanga

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2013 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats to the winner of the preseason .

NWFL weekly is very fun to read, thanks !!!
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2013 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats on the preseason win, Blazer! And congrats on stealing away the trophy for most cas taken from my Cleveland Men at the last minute Wink
Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2013 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

NWFL Insider - Season Preview

The draw has been made and we have 8 divisions of four teams - all primed and ready to compete. In this edition, we will focus on Auld World Conference:

AWC East
Two lizardmen teams, a slann team, and a brand new chaos team make up the east. While Surrey Serpents (Blazer) are riding high after winning the preseason - the team has struggled with injuries. The 3 MB sauras are solid and the ST 3 skink can be a game winner...but they do not have a bench or much in the treasury. Coach Blazer, "I am very proud of my team's performance in the preseason, but we need to remember those games do not count...now is time we get down to business." Fellow lizardmen team, Detroit Lyin' Lizardz (schlergs), are very similar to the Serpents - but lack the hitting power and overall are just a bit less developed. Butte Kickers (oneturnscore) come in as rookie chaos...one of the weakest teams at the start means that the beginning of the season will be rough. This brings us to the last team of the group - Slann Frogcisco 49ers (CW)...the slann have to be overjoyed at this draw. They are faced by lizards and chaos - two teams that are traditionally late to get tackle and sure hands. The lack of sure hands or ST 3+ ballcarriers by the lizards in particular means that the slann will have a big advantage - with all 8 positionals able to take dodge and already having 2 wrestle/stripballers.
Division Winner: Slann Frogcisco 49ers (CW)
Compete for Wildcard: Surrey Serpents (Blazer)

AWC North
White Rock Midnight (licker) - 1600 TV Dark Elves - closer to 1800 after missing blitzer heals up are the clear favorites here. After the draw, we caught up with licker outside a team meeting - we tried to get a quote about the draw, but he just had such a happy gleeful look on his face...well that says it all. The other three teams are 1110 High Elves, 1100 Undead and 1230 Amazons. The Dark Elves have lots of blodge in addition to MB tackle should rule this division and keep everyone else down as well. We tried to reach keggiemckill for a comment on their bleak outlook and were surprised that he just laughed at our question - refusing to give an offical comment - but he made it clear that he wants the performance on the field to do the talking.

Division Winner: White Rock Midnight (licker)
Compete for Wildcard: North West Walking Brawls (keggiemckill)

AWC South
Detroit Delvers (Miyuso) - are a solid dwarf team that is going to bring the pain and will be a tough team to defeat week in and week out. St. Luna Cardiac Cardinals (Garnak) - are expansion winners and a team that is peaking right now with all positionals getting multiple skills. They have the proven track record of a team that has been there - and done that. Nocturne Falls Honey Badgers (burgun824) have shown flashes of promise - and are always in the playoff discussion, but then end up coming up short each season. The last team, Har Ganeth Korsairs (ryanfitz) have fallen on hard times - to keep their unbelievably good core of blitzers, they have had to sacrifice...but with a core of players this good - it is scary to face them. No other division has the top to bottom quality that is found here. The four coaches were seen simply staring at one another...this is going to be a heck of a battle here. People are already talking that someone very deserving of the playoffs is going to miss it due to being in this division.

Division Winner: St. Luna Cardiac Cardinals (Garnak)
Compete for Wildcard: Nocturne Falls Honey Badgers (burgun824)

AWC West
With all the noise coming from the South, people are ignoring the West a bit more than they should - some real quality here as well. Headlined by newcomer Cleveland Men (wintergreen13) - some tough humans that have played well so far and have a ST 4 mb blitzer already. A promising player to start building a core of blitzers around. Humans are a very solid team and playing well, they could easily compete this season. Necropolis Priest Kings (Palorrin) came within a play of hoisting the Superior Bowl trophy last season. Solid Khemri team that is going to continue to trudge over opponents - securing draws against the tougher opponents and winning against the weaker ones - they should be in the mix at the very least again. Not enough? Nope...still have Essen Exsanguinators (RobRoyDuncan) bringing stat laden vampires to the party. A hard matchup for any team - although vulnerable to getting cleared off the pitch if Rob is being greedy and not feeding them enough. Dice are going to cost the vampires a game or two - and with stiff competition that will probably keep them on the outside looking in...the last team - Colorado Centaurs (baelnic) are some new chaos dwarves...they certainly need some skills to be effective - but a ST 5 bull (and ST 4 blocker) give some signs this could be a contender. It is a tough call in this division, the humans are low TV and going to struggle in some matchups; the vampires are fluky; and the CDs are just starting to get going. That leaves the way open for Palorrin to take his Khemri back to the top.

Division Winner: Necropolis Priest Kings (Palorrin)
Compete for Wildcard: Essen Exsanguinators (RobRoyDuncan)

Final standings:
1. White Rock Midnight (licker) - the draw is just too easy for them to not pick up the points needed to get the top seed...of course it will not do them much good. Late in the season, North West Walking Brawls will foul-rip two of the DE blitzers and they will enter the postseason as the top seed, but quickly exit.
2. Necropolis Priest Kings (Palorrin) - kudos go to Palorrin who bribed several offficals saying, "I will pay you anything, just keep those two bastards (Chris Long and Jokey Smurf) away from me!" Without the clawpomber to threaten his tomb guardians - expect the Priest Kings to be riding high this season.
3. St. Luna Cardiac Cardinals (Garnak) - trying to prove that their expansion championship was no fluke (I mean...it was...but they want to prove otherwise) - the Cardinals cruise through the season with a chip on their shoulders claiming "no one gives us any respect!" Well we are picking them third, good luck trying to do better Razz
4. Slann Frogcisco 49ers (CW) - given the matchups within the division, the 49ers are able to win 5 of 6 division games and this makes up for some of the pummeling they take in out of division games. Sadly for them, Slann are expensive - and getting all 4 of their blitzers perm'ed this season in the words of their coach, "This sucks!" They get into the playoffs but do not last long.
5. Surrey Serpents (Blazer) - solid team yields solid results and ends up tied with the 49ers on points, but the tiebreakers go to the 49ers so the Serpents are a wildcard...but that matters little as the Serpents are durable and after losing the season series to the 49ers, the serpents prevail in playoffs against them.
6. Essen Exsanguinators (RobRoyDuncan) - a very tight race down the stretch, it is a series of double skulls that allows the vampires to sneak in. They are so excited and hopes are high - but they are brutally slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs.
--> AWC Winner: Necropolis Priest Kings (Palorrin)

Now to everyone I did not mention, and to everyone I disrespected...go prove me wrong! Smile
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2013 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You disrespected everyone by saying that the honey badgers have a chance to play for anything,

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2013 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

And you disrespected my 3 DIving Tackle warriors and my 6 STR beast with tentacles when you think skunks are going to run circles around the Underbellies. For shame RRD.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2013 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops. I mean azure. Carry on RRD, nothing to see here. And it was skinks, not skunks. Carry on auto correct, nothing to see here.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2013 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

lordchaos wrote:
And you disrespected my 3 DIving Tackle warriors and my 6 STR beast with tentacles when you think skunks are going to run circles around the Underbellies. For shame RRD.

That wasn't me. Just for the record.

Edit: already corrected!
Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2013 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

lordchaos wrote:

Err...not sure what you mean...

Edit: In addition to it being me and not RRD...you are in NWC West...which I have not previewed yet.
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2013 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

With a name like LordChaos, he's always looking for a fight, on the pitch or on the boards it's just how it is

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2013 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cleveland Men are just happy to see two teams in our division that are both handing out inducements AND undead. Zara, let's roll!
burgun824

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2013 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
You disrespected everyone by saying that the honey badgers have a chance to play for anything,

HAHAHAHA. Yes. He most certainly did.

He's just trying to butter me up and get me to drop my guard because we play the Yams in our opener.

Good to see you doing write ups again Azure.
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2013 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

NWC Preview

Following in Azure's footsteps, here are my predictions for this season in the NWC.

NWC East

fangbanger's Green Back Smackers are very solid, with both agility and beatdown available to them. Emanukio's Argentinian Caudillos are still building up, with a MB blitzer and a number of skills, but also quite the collection of perms. shoebdoo's Seoul Eaters have likewise suffered in the early going, but with less to show for it. Finally, rllesh's Easter Island Stone Faces have five great players, three jmen and some filler - not a good recipe for consistency, even leaving aside their coach's self-proclaimed lack of skills. I predict that the Smackers will make the best showing in this division, despite the occasional lapse in judgement from their coach, while the Caudillos will finish a strong but wounded second.

NWC North

Much like the AWC North, the NWC North is stacked. Azure's St. Louis Yams are a good team with a good coach. Their ClawPOMBer gets a lot of press, but they also win games with their utility linos and with their ball-handling goblins. Sutherlands's Joplin Disasters finished second in the Expansion last season, and have added some agility to their lineup since. Iskabis's Snarkville Smurfs won the main group, but have fallen on hard times since, having only two players with more than one skill. Elliott_the_Lame's Vatican City Popes have lost several rats to death, but have some nice stat boosts and show some promise, and have a lot of money in the bank to replace their fallen. I predict an early-season injury to one of the star Smurfs will leave Iskabis struggling to compete, putting Azure on top of the division while Sutherlands edges into second.

NWC South

cyric612 is the only returning coach in this division. His Alethkar Shard Warriors have almost as many games as the other three teams put together, and a corresponding advantage in development, spearheaded by blodge wolves and a pair of nice wights. Bullroarer4's Lonely Mountain Miners have done well for themselves in only seven games, though, with fully ten of his players getting at least one skill. Muktar's Spokane Thundershock!, in contrast have gotten into a rebuy cycle, unable to develop a proper bench and only landing a few skills. Scaramanga's Sinsick City Fanaticals have taken most of their losses on their gobbos, with the skaven of the team developing well and the Troll getting himself Block. My prediction is that Bullroarer4 will manage to take possession of the South away from cyric612.

NWC West

lordchaos' Slum City Underbellies have a number of nasty surprises, with a ST6 Block Beast distracting you from the three (3!) Diving Tackle warriors and their surprising passing game. That, unfortunately, got a little worse in preseason with the fiery death of +AG pestigor Sexy Time. WhatBall's Staten Island Simpletons continue to hog the stat rolls, with four +AG and two +ST on beastmen, as well as a ClawPOMBer and a couple other Block warriors. JigerJones's Arkansas Bloody Carpet are still starting out, but their MB blitzer has taken a perm, although a general dearth of Tackle may give them opportunities. Rounding out the conference, krysskroz's Eville Enforcers are still working their way up, although a nice blitzer crew will help with that. I foresee WhatBall taking this division while losing a couple of his +stat players, and lordchaos managing second.

Regular season standings:

1) Staten Island Simpletons (WhatBall)
2) St. Louis Yams (Azure)
3) Green Back Smackers (fangbanger)
4) Lonely Mountain Miners (Bullroarer4)
5) Argentinian Caudillos (Emanukio)
6) Alethkar Shard Warriors (cyric612)

Green Back Smackers vs Alethkar Shard Warriors - Inducements prove key as the Shard Warriors keep the score tied through regulation and then field more players for OT, swarming over the Smackers to advance.

Lonely Mountain Miners vs Argentinian Caudillos - The Caudillos, having taken several perms in the run-up to playoffs, wither in the face of mass Tackle and head off to Season VIII with no worries about cap space.

Staten Island Simpletons vs Lonely Mountain Miners - The Simpletons manage to outmanoeuver the Miners for a two TD lead, delaying for the win.

St. Louis Yams vs Alethkar Shard Warriors - The Yams meet strength with agility, meet speed with power, and then just fly over the Shard Warriors to take some momentum into the finals.

Staten Island Simpletons vs St. Louis Yams - Goblin armour finally fails in the face of 3d blocks and WhatBall rides to victory on the bodies of the Yams.

NWC Winner - Staten Island Simpletons (WhatBall)

Bonus crossover time!

Superior Bowl - Staten Island Simpletons vs Necropolis Priest Kings (Palorrin)

WhatBall is unable to force Palorrin off-balance enough to keep the Khemri off their game. One score in each half sends the game to overtime, where the Khemri grind comes home for a 2-1 Priest Kings win.

Necropolis Priest Kings win the Superior Bowl!
Palorrin

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2013 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

*Blink blink* Wow. While I am encouraged by your faith in me and my team, I think you are overestimating my chances. While I did manage to give coach Iskabis a fight for the Superior Bowl, I lucked my way through the playoff games. Dice (and a bug) really decided the games against coaches Ryanfitz and Azure, both of whom had powerful teams as well as excellent chances to beat me in our games. While I know that this is a part of the game, I think I'll need similar luck to make it again... and I'm just not that lucky.
Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2013 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I can beat whatball. Our last match up saw my star inducement take the night off after getting his paycheck. Next time, I may just bring a roller for crushing!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2013 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It's time for awards !!!!

week 1:

AWC:

Offensive player of the week:
Image Alexandre Bashe (White Rock Midnights): 2 TD / 16 rush

Aggressive player of the week:
Image Asmodeus Sanguinar (Har Ganeth Korsairs) : 3 CAS / 8 Blocks

NWC:

Offensive player of the week`:
Image Facundo Quiroga (Argentinian Caudillos) : 2 TD / 26 Rush

Aggressive player of the week: