37 coaches online • Server time: 11:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Top of the DE rankings show the flaw here.
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Soem stats are alwys nice.
Igvy

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm yea, if p4m's - Flachpfeifens 4th try, don't put him on the Scaven chart this probably has issues (http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=317810)

Or Fanatic's (http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=130741)

And I've no idea why EvolveToAnarchism isn't on the ranked dark elf list.
Stats -
Record
141/17/28
Win Percentage
80%
licker

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I made the B list for CD????

Damn, played too many games I guess.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, it seems better now.
Some obvious flaws have been corrected, like having me, PacoSillas and The_Murker in the top10 human coaches in the Box. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think win% is not necessarily "better" than CR. Sure, CR has its own flaws, as it shows the most recent trend only, but:
Win% does not take into account the strength of the opposition, while CR does. So I propose to incorporate CR into the Ranked evaluation, and I suggest to use only win % in blackbox. As bbox does not allow picking easy opponents (so I assume above 100 games it equals out), and ranked does allow. Furthermore I would only use win% in box evaluation, without number of games played.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
Hmm yea, if p4m's - Flachpfeifens 4th try, don't put him on the Scaven chart this probably has issues (http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=317810)

Or Fanatic's (http://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=130741)

Stats -
Record
141/17/28
Win Percentage
80%

I think this is because inactive coaches do not show up.

Also one of Evo's favourite facts was he never played a single ranked game. He played in the 'open' environment.

I'm pretty sure coaches Csonti, Fischerking, Fanatic and Smess would appear on some of those lists if they were active. Particularly Fischerking.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
Stats -
Record
141/17/28
Win Percentage
80%

True. He was not on the site for half a year now and not included in coach rankings. Same for Csonti and Orc for example. In fact, this is a list of all-time performances of active coaches. Look forward to the calendar year version. Topic renamed.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So is this the top pickers list for ranked and cheesiest minmaxers for Blackbox?

Just got angry that I went from top-5 skaven coach to not being in the list =)

Really good job S-Adam! I really like what you do with the Meta data. What you could add as a third criteria is a value of max CR for the race as well. And why set it at a fixed 50 games? As races are played more the games should go up as well. SKaven in Ranked, only teams with 500+ games should be considered.

Keep up the good job!

Edit: I was removed from all picker lists and added one some cheesy lists. Seems Im more of a cheeser than a picker.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
So is this the top pickers list for ranked and cheesiest minmaxers for Blackbox?

I dont think so. If there is only 3% in win rating you can make from cheesiest minmaxing to top picking, then I am OK with it. Besides, minmaxing needs some skill isn't it? Well, you can say no for mutating races. But whats with the rest? I saw many coaches playing from the list and they are damn good.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we have loads of flawed 'how good are you' lists on site. One more doesn't hurt, but I'd not try too hard to un-flaw it. Not sure the perfect system exists, or ever will.

CR by any other name is CR. Wink
gansus

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, have not thought deeply about what attitudes or playstyles the list encourages, but in this new list i appear in both CD and Undead, while in the previous one i only appeared in the sooner. So this new one is clearly better Razz
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Another way would be to just take the last 50 games(or whereever the limit is set) win %. But maybe that meta data is harder to pull since it is given as a total.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
Another way would be to just take the last 50 games(or whereever the limit is set) win %. But maybe that meta data is harder to pull since it is given as a total.
Well, it was easier to work with total data provided by the site. I will parse all games of 2012 soon, but all of them needs to be downloaded and parsed. I have all the tools for that. All I need to end of year and a little time. Un til that, let this enough. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2013 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well if I read these stats correctly...

I must assume that you have decided that I am the official MASTER of Halflings in Fumbbl once R & B are combined!

I would have thought it would be Zed or someone, but Nuffle speaks up!
 Jump to: