16 coaches online • Server time: 04:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The "wrong password" message will appear if you a new version of the client needs to be downloaded first (so the startup takes a while and shows a progress bar). This causes the token used by Fumbbl for authentication to time out. In this case simply close the client and start the game again. The second start will be much faster and the password check will be ok.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool to be able to clone teams (anyones's team) into this division as you used to be able to do in test mode.

I am not brand new teams are the greatest test. It will take ages to gain skills.

The chance to play some wild teams would be an extra incentive to play the division.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Join #ffbtest - its lonely.

Oscar Wilde
CCSenor

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try and play a few games after work this evening
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't it better to use #fumbbl for setting up games? It's the biggest channel on Fumbbl.

It seems counter productive to hide away in an unused corner of irc.fumbbl.com like #ffbtest...

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
The "wrong password" message will appear if you a new version of the client needs to be downloaded first (so the startup takes a while and shows a progress bar). This causes the token used by Fumbbl for authentication to time out. In this case simply close the client and start the game again. The second start will be much faster and the password check will be ok.

I had a progress bar download when spectating games the other day. The delay between clicking play and having the client window open is only 5-10 seconds and there is no progress bar for downloading. I'm still getting the wrong password error when entering a game name.
RedPuma

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any use in trying the new client with a Linux (Ubuntu) computer? Or were the bugs we encounter with Linux not tackled in the new client anyway? Either way, I'll probably try a game tomorrow around 1pm German time Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

As much testing as possible is needed. Even if you are not familiar with every rule (you'll be familiar with most even if you don't know it).

Of course there has been a lot of testing, however when something goes live, this is out of a test environment. New problems arise and it also can cause new bugs. So we/you/everybody needs as much testing as is possible!

Not only testing for bugs, but also volume of games. We really need many more matches going on.

If somebody could step forward and start an IRC channel please? I will start another topic on arranging games.
roante

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played only once which my oppo conceded for understandable reasons. I've reported 3 bugs though Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, I've set up a new topic. Grod has a temporary IRC channel.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:

I still get the 'wrong password' server error. even eith multiple restarts of fumbbl/client.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Refresh the page you are loading the client from -- ctrl + F5

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
What bugs are important to test?

It's not so much about testing specific bugs. For this it's much better to run FFB in testmode where you can add skills to players, change stats or modify dice rolls via chat commands. The true purpose of this Open Beta is to write a lot of server logfiles. To check how the system behaves when multiple coaches use it (something I can't do on my own). To see if (and under which circumstances) things go boom. To see if replays work fine (which they didn't at first).

So go play! Smile
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Refresh the page you are loading the client from -- ctrl + F5

Running an older macbook - but the refreseh didn't seem to change anything.

I did a full system restart, which then generated a download of application / progress bar as previously described by Kalimar as a potential cause of the issue when launching a test game. Still got the "wrong password" error - but expected from Kalimar's description. Closed it down.

Refreshed page again, launched a test game again with same team, loaded to the enter game name dialog box within seconds, still generated "wrong password" error.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2014 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know what version of java your macbook has installed?
 Jump to: