48 coaches online • Server time: 16:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Tyra_Nid wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:
Fortis: FUMBBL Dorf games=0

Haters gonna hate.

Believe it or not, it's actually possible to play Blood Bowl outside of FUMBBL!

doesn't count tho! no proofs!

I did laugh a bit at this.

OT (more or less), Dorfs are still kinda easy mode. Especially when you compare them to Khemri. Now if you get out of position or drop the ball as Khemri...

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyra_Nid wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:

Haters gonna hate.

Believe it or not, it's actually possible to play Blood Bowl outside of FUMBBL!

Sure, it's possible. But then I would have expected him to actually have a clue. Which his statement shows he doesn't. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If I have a winning record with a team, they are easy mode, QED.
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathroller + Diving Tackle = you win life.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't be afraid to use it to buy a fast TD against a fast team. I'd be quite happy for Skaven to score in two turns in an effort to get rid of the DRoll. Usually you'll have enough of a team to grind out the 2-1.

They see you rollin', they'll be hating.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathroller + frenzy is fun too

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
the_Sage wrote:
and rallying point for your dorfs.

"To me my friends, to me!"

Is this in the Napoleonic Bowl add on pack? Please explain?!

If you get spread and need to get your squad back together, chances are it's at the place where the deathroller already/still is.
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

My main concern would be giving my next HElf opponent enough TV difference to induce a wizard. Should I sack the Roller if that's the case? He was awesome against Khemri not sure about Elves.

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
Don't be afraid to use it to buy a fast TD against a fast team. I'd be quite happy for Skaven to score in two turns in an effort to get rid of the DRoll. Usually you'll have enough of a team to grind out the 2-1.

They see you rollin', they'll be hating.

Yeah interesting in theory bowl, but only a massive massive noob would be so scared of a death roller they would score quickly. generally speaking you can completely ignore it all game, just stick 1 player 1 square away from it every turn and its going no where.

Luckily there are lots of people about that are scared of the death roller and a quick score against dwarves should = dwarf win.

oh and grod - I checked the team you are playing against, they look pretty beat up, I'd keep the roller just because I think you can win with that handicap anyway.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The Rollers are friggin' awesome. A ST7 player that you have full control over (for a drive)? And the crazy laundry list of skills is fantastic. For me, the only double skill is Block. Maybe dodge or DT on a 2nd double, but hitting 3d blocks and basically dodging BreakTackle style with virtual impunity means they are unstoppable with out a gang of opponents which would give the rest of your team the numbers advantage to brawl them into the ground. Get a bribe and the game'll be delayed until they can sop enough blood off the pitch to continue the match.

In my tabletop league my roller got 4 CAS (1 was a Kill) in 2 games against Chaos. My Roller's got Guard and +MA (which means he can standup, move 1 space and blitz a guy, instead of having to GFI to hit anybody not directly adjacent).

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

What I really wanted was Block, Mulit-Block and Grab, for the ol' Deathy-Go-Round action. As it is, there is a 3.7% of a turnover with 3D and no block. With Block that turns to .5%, and w/ MBlock you get 2 2D blocks against 2 ST3 targets. That's a 2.8% chance of turnover per hit. That's pretty good f'ing odds. Add to that Grab which keeps them tied up and where ever you want (next to one of your guys so they can block and your Roller can take another 2 targets, possibly?). Great stuff...

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been running a death roller in my league team for a few games at the ~200TV level. Game 1 against a powerhouse Khemri team it definitely did its job. Games 2 and 3 against High Elves and Skaven rather useless. So far no casualties, not even from fouls Sad I think they need Diving Tackle to be great against the agility teams as well.

Oscar Wilde
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2015 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Haters gonna hate.

+1

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I am beginning to come around to the idea that the Deathroller is awesome! Just faced Nurgle team with 3 Claw + MB players. I was defending in first half. Death roller on LOS. First turn lost 2 Dwarves already to cas. After that, the Death Roller single handedly shielded my entire team for the half, stalled the score (including a break tackle 3 dice blitz on ball carrier) and let me get a few hits back. Second half I was able to sneak through for the win.

Anyway, the deathroller seems to help most against high St teams, which are precisely the teams I would have struggled with the most. The effect I think is to even out performance of the team.

Also I just skilled him, first skill. Roll is 6 + 4. Should I take the MA, or forgo in favour of guard or grab or multiblock? I face next Wood Elves then lizardmen then Undead then lizardmen again.

Oscar Wilde
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably take the +MA. The extra range will be noticeable. There's not really any normal skills the Deathroller 'needs'.

Jump to: