37 coaches online • Server time: 09:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MDeLarge

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag6 GRs are game breakers. TAKE IT!
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
you should rather ask yourself where you want to go with this player..

if it was mine, last three skill ups i'd lean towards sprint, sure feet, catch... anything else would just get in the way..

if your objective is solely ball retrieval ag6 is a good choice, unfortunatly that is the only thing ag6 is gonna be good for. It doesn't help with passes and dodging you don't even really need to do.

Wait... With AG6 can dodge pretty better than AG5. You can 2+ dodge in TWO tackle zones instead of one... and it happens to forgive a dodge because of too many tackle zones
It doesn't help with leap and pass, but yes with pickup, dodges, and catches (tackle zones or disturbing presences)
If the gutter alread had Block, I went for AG6 without thinking about it
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:

Wait... With AG6 can dodge pretty better than AG5. You can 2+ dodge in TWO tackle zones instead of one... and it happens to forgive a dodge because of too many tackle zones
It doesn't help with leap and pass, but yes with pickup, dodges, and catches (tackle zones or disturbing presences)

We can keep telling each other obvious stuff but in the end it comes down whether or not to take a stat up for 40tv that is only ever going to matter on ball retrieval which is pretty much something I at least would never ever be even concerned with.
All you need for regular pick ups, catches and dodges is ag4, not even ag5, let alone ag6. What does it say about somebodies coaching quality when he isn't able to create a situation for his reciever to catch in a single tackle zone? Just my opinion, but seriously.. And the trade off taking 3 dodges with DODGE vs 1 leap and 1 dodge is so-so nice.. meaning I'd take it for free but not for 40k.
Look at the guy he is weak. He's not gonna do blitzes or anything meaningful and certainly not with more garbage skills. He may be ot turning but ag6 would not be the way to go for that, obviously.
You don't just randomly pack stats on a player without thinking about how to use him.
I don't see how you could reasonably disagree with that.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %13, %2015 - %13:%May; edited 1 time in total
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Leilond wrote:

As I said, it doesn't help with anything but ball retrieval.

It depends on the other two skill you're going to give him

+AG,+AG, leap, Wrestle, Dauntless, Tackle/Strip for example let you leap in the cage, followup the block if needed and dodge out the cage at 2+, or dodge in the cage at 3+ and leap out on the other side of the cage if the ball scatter that way and the prone player stop your way. He can become a great sacker...

Being MA10, pheraps it's a bit of a waste... he can become the perfect OTT too
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah you answered to fast. Now I edited everything pointlessly. You said it yourself, it's a ma10.. You never gonne be able to give him Tackle/strip down that route.

And seriously what is better? ag6 or Tackle/strip for a sacker? and now just aswell as later.. what is better now? wrestle or dauntless or ag6 for a sacker?
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I understand that it isn't a no brain choice. Pheraps I will go for the one turner dream, with AG5, leap, surefeet and catch... but then, the other +MA of the team is pretty a waste...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:
By the way, I understand that it isn't a no brain choice. Pheraps I will go for the one turner dream, with AG5, leap, surefeet and catch... but then, the other +MA of the team is pretty a waste...

+MA on a GR is never a waste.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Leilond wrote:

That's precisely where his mind should be at when he makes a choice what to take and where to go.

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %13, %2015 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
Leilond

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Leilond wrote:

That's precisely where his mind should be at when he makes a choice what to take and where to go.

heheheh
I said probably... because AG6 is soooo tempting for me Very Happy
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say that a sprint is more game breaking. Then there is no side step or stand firm to stop you from 1 turning. Skaven need 1turning more often than ag6. Not saying that ag6 is bad on that roster, but lets compare these options!

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be worth more if taken after block.

AG6 is the stuff of legends. So if you want him to become legend some day, take +AG. If you want to play it safe and be mediocre legend, take block.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

...if that guy doesn't have Block yet, it's going to being squished soon or sooner.
Block.

Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

It's really frustrating to constantly see the "don't turn down nuffle's gifts" crowd chime in with bad advice. I have had an AG6 gutter runner. I've had a +MA +AG leaper. Some of the comments in here are from people who haven't even played rats on fumbbl.

Winning percentages with rats of coaches in this thread reccomending AG6:

Leilond - 44%
Bobs - 73%
TheThinkTank - 49%
xarogobar 0%
Roland - 33%
MDeLarge - 66%
tmoila - 36%
CastleMan 41%
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh rankers...
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 13, 2015 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

So... what you're saying is, only winning percentage counts? Hence Bobs outranks you, and we should listen to him?