48 coaches online • Server time: 19:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

What does the admin do? Make the skills as they should be once the builder games have been played?

DLE College 7s
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, but as and when custom leagues fully arrive things will be much easier: might be worth waiting for that?
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

With custom rules, what happens with old groups or teams in them? If it was started now how would it or could it be transferred over?

DLE College 7s
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

don't think so no...

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It's all gimmicks. Do yourself a favor and join WIL - it's well run with decent coaches and a challenge to succeed. FUMBBL and CRP are great for leagues, you don't need gimmicks and WIL does that the best for Euro coaches.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

What server-time hours does one have to be able to play for NBFL?
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2016 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hoping to play my 43rd game in the WIL later this week. Wink

More than one way to scratch an itch.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

paradocks wrote:
What server-time hours does one have to be able to play for NBFL?

NA evening hours generally.

NA has 4 time zones (let's not count hawaii or alaska even though we should).

Eastern is BB-6 to Pacific being BB-9.

And the coaches are spread out in that range, along with at least 2 Europeans who are able to accommodate those times generally.

Many of the american coaches can play at more convenient european times, but some of us (myself included) really cannot play during european evenings/nights, so the frequent start time is early morning (6-8am) in europe which makes it 10-12pm for me.

The league commissioner is pretty strict about keeping the majority times convenient for NA though.

You are in NZ though? That would kind of flip the TZs a bit and mean that if you can play during your morning/afternoons you'd be ok. I know we had a couple(?) aussies for a bit.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
It's all gimmicks.
It's a fun gimmick. The FDL has been a blast so far (not even any games played yet, and it's already a barrel of fun); the NBFL has been a blast for years.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

KPL allows two draft picks at the start of each season. There are separate Euro and NA conferences. I think the euro conference is full, but you can ask.

I think all the main leagues with drafts are NA based though. And the draft thing is fun and different.

And I agree with licker, the worst thing a NA league can do is allow euro coaches. It is just so difficult for scheduling even with the best intentions.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
you don't need gimmicks and WIL does that the best for Euro coaches.

Well, lets be honest.

Euro Coaches follow that sport called Football, a promotion/demotion style pro league. They have off season "cups" and this very vague transfer rules and so forth.

North American coaches follow a sport also called football, disavows this promotion/demotion euro trash concept. Replaces it with a playoff system of a KO tournament to crown their champion. Alos because their players are smashing each other into kibble bits there is no off season, fluffy, cup to play for.

Now as the Comish of the KPL I have found this to be true.

Euro coaches have no clue about the NFL and north American sports. I understand that, they grew up in Europe were transfers of players, promotion/demotion is how it works.

So, when the KPL does the draft the euro coaches have problems on how this actually works.

Contrast that with.

North American coaches follow the NFL. The NFL draft is a HUGE deal in the NFL. Right now the NFL combine is going on, the rookies are showing off their skills and so forth to the NFL teams.

North American NFL fans are consumed by this pre NFL draft ranking of players, who is going to be drafted by which team and what order.

IMO here is the main difference between Euro and North American coaches.

American coaches DESPISE the concept of a tie. Every Pro league in the United States hates ties.

Euro pro sports...reward the tie.

It bleeds over to Blood Bowl, into the leagues on FUMMBL, it does.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

@Painstate
I am EURO coach, and i follow the NFL closely, and have a good idea about its making. I am also following caponomics.

I wonder if i am the only one, or is there somebody else doing so in Europe.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Australians Painstate? We're probably in between somewhere.

I follow NFL. I like what the NFL NA League does, but I can't take it seriously with those teams, the farming matches and the draft system. It is fun and that's good but I think the College NA league is a much better representation of blood bowl league play.

Both have their place I suppose, but if I was looking to become heavily invested in one league in Europe - it would certainly be WIL.

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

No no I am sure you are not. One reason I started the thread see if there were other like minds.

Curently wondering what the Ravens and Redskins will do.

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2016 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a very good analytical site:
http://overthecap.com/

Ravens projected offseason plan
http://overthecap.com/ravens-2016-offseason-preview/

Redskins projected offseason plan
to be published, but i expect in about a week.