35 coaches online • Server time: 12:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Great input, guys- thanks! I particularly like celas' ideas, so I think I'm going to work from those a bit... don't have time tonight, but I'll update within a day or two.

In the meantime, if anyone has additional suggestions, feel free to post away!

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I retired to my nerdatorium (aka my office) last night for a bit to mull over the team design after listening to everyone's feedback, and I decided on the following changes:

1) Lose AG 4 (drop to AG 3) on the main players, but keep the speed.
2) Remove Kick from Longfeet, but retain G access (can take Kick later) and reduce price to 50K.
3) Add Strip Ball to Feral Elves.
4) Add 0-2 Hunters (5 2 3 5 Dodge, Stunty, Accurate, Sure Hands, Strong Arm P, A, Ph 60K)
5) Add 0-4 Bird Snatchers (6 1 4 5 Stunty, Diving Catch, Extra Arms A, Ph 60K)
6) Modify the names a bit by using Latin terminology (fitting with archaeological fluff).
7) Modify fluff as necessary (see original post for modified fluff and roster, and see new roster below).
8. 12/16/04 Add Spikes to all players except Feral Elves, modify fluff.

Please let me know what you think. Note that the Bird Snatchers do not have Dodge, are only AV 5, and are quite expensive for a stunty player. Also note that there are no Big Guys, no Secret Weapons, no players with greater than ST 3 (and only two of those), and no access to strength skills. I am pointing these things out to highlight my rationale for having stunty AG 4 players, for having fast players, and for having some players who begin with some decent skills. Smile

Thanks,
~hunter

Protoelf Team Roster

0-16 Primitivus 7 1 3 (6) Dodge, Stunty, Spikes (A, Ph) 40K
0-2 Peslongus 5 2 3 (6) Stunty, Sure Feet, Stand Firm, Spikes (G, Ph) 50K
0-2 Venator 5 2 3 (6) Dodge, Stunty, Hail Mary Pass, Sure Hands, Strong Arm, Spikes (P, A, Ph) 60K
0-4 Avisrapere 6 1 4 (6) Stunty, Diving Catch, Extra Arms, Spikes (A, Ph) 60K
0-2 Ferus 6 3 3 7 Foul Appearance, Thick Skull, Strip Ball, No Hands (G, Ph) 70K

Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No
Big Guys: None
Rerolls: 70K

Last edited by hunter on %b %16, %2004 - %23:%Dec; edited 3 times in total
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2004 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

Any more comments before I consider them ready for playtesting and put them on my webpage (see my signature below for link)?

~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I get no fun in thoroughly critiquing a proposal which looks like a lot of time and effort has been put into. But when the designer asks for it, I feel obliged to comment and protect the Stunty Leeg from devolution.

Fluff:
  • Proto-what? What self-respecting elf would dare call such filthy critters elf-like? Gets the elven background all wrong.
  • Evolution? In the Games Worskhop world? Gets the history of the universe completely wrong.
  • Latin names? Holy Roman Empire spread its language to the Elves? Gets the languages wrong.
  • Tools for mutations? Ignore the Blood Bowl rules? Gets the game wrong.

Uniqueness:
  • Primitivus MV7 ST1 AG3 AV5 A, Ph. Treads awfully close to the Fairy's (and perhaps Skryre's) one advantage, their speed, while having the same weakness that was rejected for the Fairies (AV5). ST1 and AV5 was rejected for very good reasons. Without regeneration the players proved much too fragile to make the team worth playing.
  • Peslongus 5 2 3 5 Stunty, Sure Feet (G, Ph). A slow player with Sure Feet on a team with loads of speed. This surely is unique, but what role does it play, other than meet your overwhelming desire for a future kicker in Stunty Leeg?
  • Venator 5 2 3 5 Dodge, Stunty, Accurate, Sure Hands, Strong Arm (P, A, Ph) The ultimate stunty thrower right out of a can. Sure makes that other passing team (Goblin Cheaters) mighty jealous. I know you really want a Passing team in Stunty Leeg, but you can develop a passing team with the existing rosters already.
  • Avisrapere 6 1 4 5 Stunty, Diving Catch, Extra Arms (A, Ph) 60K. Uber-catcher to go with the uber-passer. I don't understant this need to make the uber passing team available right from the start. Not only does it make development less interesting, but steals from the uniqueness of other teams. Certainly unique, but is it desirable?
  • Ferus 6 3 3 7 Foul Appearance, Thick Skull, Strip Ball, No Hands (G, Ph) 70K Excellant job at duplicating what makes the Leprechauns truly unique! Then to make matters even better you tag on a bunch of extra skills. Trolls are Really Stupid, but the can figure out how to pick up the ball without eating or killing it. Why oh why do you need to make these guys an illogical exception? Overdescribing things a bit too much?
  • Tools as Mutations. With a much stronger fluff justification, I chose not to give Slaves Physical Access because there are already several teams with Physical Access, and I wanted them to remain Unique. Why invent a reason (contrary to the BB Universe) to give this team access to chaos derived mutations?

Novel Playing Style:
  • Got to give you credit on this one. You've created the uber-passing team for Stunty Leeg with the bonus feature of likely being almost completely annihilated from the pitch after each and every game. Personally, I'd rather see a much more FUN Circus team added to the Leeg for people who wanted a team with more emphasis on passing then several existing rosters (Goblin Cheaters, Skryre Slaves, Skinks). But then again, you can choose to dismiss my comments as not constructive.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Evolution?

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say this. Goblin Cheaters cannot pass for crap! Neither can skinks! They can run but passing with them is just as difficult as with other teams.

Look I see your point here in that they are just too uber at both areas. I would say lose the Accurate or Strong Arm. Give them Hail Mary and/or Pass instead. This will make them a little more unique in the throwing arena instead of just uber.

Also I am scared that the team willbe aniliated first match. Since they are proto I reckon that the Ferus or Pestlongus should have regen (AV5 cmon!). Yea the pestlongus is way to underskilled. Up his armor, give him foul appearence or Jump up. You want a kicker but lets face it these guys can get block they are going to be the fodder between troll and Squishy elf.

Bring on smurfs! SMURFS!!!!
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently trying to make a passing team into Stunty. It goes by the name Salty Seas, as there are Mermaids and other Merfolk in it. I'm not yet sure if it would work, though.
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3882

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

the_grey_ghost wrote:
I must say this. Goblin Cheaters cannot pass for crap! Neither can skinks! They can run but passing with them is just as difficult as with other teams.

Well, they can, they have players with passing skill access and some positional players without stunty. Their passing game isn't probably really good, but it's better than for most other stunty teams.
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolvetoAnarchism, I think we may just have to agree to disagree. Smile

the_grey_ghost, thanks for your input. I agree- no stunty team is very well suited for a passing game, at least without some lucky +AG rolls, although some have a better chance to develop passers than others (like AvatarDM says). I like the idea of dropping Accurate and taking HMP... that seems like fun and less likely to succeed, at least at the onset.

The Peslongus are pretty weak, no doubt about it... Jump Up is a good idea, but what about Stand Firm? That fits better with the fluff of being stable because of their big feet. Plus they don't have dodge, so it would even be quite useful.

I'll make the changes in the rosters. If anyone else has comments, please share them!

Quote:

Bring on smurfs! SMURFS!!!!

lol... Smurfs are funny, but what I'd really like to see is Gummi Bears. Wink Someone better start working on that idea!

~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

At this point, I am considering Protoelves ready for playtesting. In fact, it has already commenced. I have added the team and a prototypical roster to my webpage for playtesting availability.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2004 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep your skills and stats, but please make a team that fits into the warhammer world. I don't know how, but try. And there's enough chaos based stuff to go around already.
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

After some playtesting and some thought, I think that AV 5 in the absence of Regenerate simply won't work well in Stunty, regardless of whether or not Big Guys have General access. So, I increased the AV of all the players except the Feral Elves by giving them Spikes at the onset. This will help protect them and also is fluffy and unique. They are still sufficiently weak, as AV 6 isn't a ton better, and ST 1 on most of the players as well. They are fun to play, though! Feel free to help playtest (follow the link in my signature to find a sample roster, along with other teams).

Quote:

...please make a team that fits into the warhammer world. I don't know how, but try.

It is actually quite easy to make this team fit into Warhammer lore, even based on what little I know about it. I prefer to conceptualize my teams in my own fashion, but if it helps, you could think of the fluff more as follows:

When the Old Slann transported the Elves to the Elven Kingdoms before they reached a state of civilization (note: this text from the original Warhammer RPG book clearly implicates an Elven state of evolution), one of the transport vessels was blown off course by a mighty storm, and crashed upon the rocks of an island so far from the main islands that it is not even considered part of the archipelago. Separated so from the main Elven population, the inhabitants of this island have not yet achieved a state of civilization, but instead remain in various states of evolution. The geographical boundary of the ocean prevented communication with civilized Elves until only recently, when they were discovered by Sea Elf explorers. The Sea Elves, having no interest in Blood Bowl themselves, sold some quantity of the Protoelves in trade to Humans, who through their wisdom and greed developed the beings into Blood Bowl players. Now, 20 years later, sufficient quantities of the players have been bred and trained to fill the ranks of many Blood Bowl teams in the Stunty Leeg.

Hope the helps with conceptualization and appreciation of the team for you Warhammerers! Smile

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This team will take part in Round 2 of Stunty Playtesting. At this time it will not receive any modification. If you are interested in trying out the team, sign up to playtest!

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2006 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello this is very long ago I know and it perhaps is already too late for me to offer advice but although I have little knowledge in making a team I think I could help in making it fit in terms of fluff I have thought about it and the bit above makes no sense either as the Slann at this time have total control of all weather such was their power.

I suggest

The origins of the (I think the name should be "young" in elfish whatever that is) are in the time at the end of the Slann’s dominion. Just before the great cataclysm that spelt the end of their rule they created the race called Halflings which were immune to chaos and would fight against chaos whoever due to the rushed nature of the project they failed to make the Halflings into good fighters. The Halflings were not the only races to be created, along the way the Slann tried different ways of making a new race to combat chaos and they tried to create warriors based on elves but they suffered from the same traits of shortness as the Halflings would. However they did not posses the sturdiness that the Halflings would come to have so they were scraped. However due to the critical situation there was no time to destroy them so they were just placed on a distant and small island where they were forgotten by all but the Slann.

In this time of great wars the Slann have deemed it time for reinforcements in any way they can be gathered so they guided an elfin exploration ship to this island... link in with you earlier fluff but don’t make them elfin archaeologists make them explorers.

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2007 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I made several minor tweaks to the Protoelves, reflected on the Protoelves race page accessible through the Stunty Compendium. Please check out the race page for details.

Here's the updated roster:

0-2 Ferus 70000 6 3 3 7 Foul Appearance, Thick Skull, Strip Ball, No Hands G, Ph

0-2 Peslongus 50000 5 2 2 6 Stunty, Sure Feet, Stand Firm, Spikes S, Ph

0-2 Venator 60000 5 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Hail Mary Pass, Strong Arm, Spikes P, A, Ph

0-4 Avisrapere 60000 6 1 3 6 Stunty, Dodge, Diving Catch, Extra Arms, Spikes A, Ph

0-16 Primitivus 40000 7 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Spikes A, Ph

Rerolls: 70K
Apoth: Yes
Wizard: No

Constructive criticism welcome!

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2007 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

unstopable in low tr like eshin. with high tr simply a dead race.
 Jump to: